Windows 10: Cannot change new folder name on Desktop

Discus and support Cannot change new folder name on Desktop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Cannot change new folder name on Desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by K2011T, Sep 26, 2024 at 10:08 PM.

1. K2011T Win User

Cannot change new folder name on Desktop

:)

2. User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders"

I have a problem with my User Folder.

Actually the User Folder name is fine, but when you add the Folder on the desktop (with the option on Personalize + Themes) it changed it's name to "Folders"

I've tried creating new users, but every new user I create, no matter how you name that user, when you active the user folder on the desktop it appears as "Folders".

Does anyone have a solution for this? It's not like a big problem but it disturbs my visual.

Thanks.

Best regards to all.

Matias Pagani, Sep 26, 2024 at 10:13 PM
  3. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

4. steelkane Win User

How to Activate GodMode in Windows 7

Step 1: Right click on Desktop

Step 2: Click create folder.

Step 3: Name your sparkly, new folder GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} and press enter.

Step 4: Blink as the folder changes form to look like the control panel Icon

Thema:

1. Cannot change new folder name on Desktop - Similar Threads - Cannot change folder

2. Cannot change new folder name on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot change new folder name on Desktop: Cannot change new folder name on Desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-new-folder-name-on-desktop/42664fd2-4208-4e18-9d92-96dd3d833d4e
  3. Cannot change folders name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change folders name: I have just installed Windows 10 on my Laptop. And i discovered that i cannot rename folders. I have tried some of the solutions that i found on the Internet, but some are complicated, with changes in the registry. In the error popup, it says that the error is...
  4. Cannot change folders name

Cannot change folders name: I have just installed Windows 10 on my Laptop. And i discovered that i cannot rename folders. I have tried some of the solutions that i found on the Internet, but some are complicated, with changes in the registry. In the error popup, it says that the error is...
  5. Cannot change folders name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Cannot give name to new folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot give name to new folder: When I create a new folder in windows explorer, I click "new" and then select folder in the drop down menu. The folder is created but I do not have the possibility to give it a name anymore. As if some one is pressing "enter" for me. The cursor jumps directly from the folder...
  7. Cannot give name to new folder

Cannot give name to new folder: When I create a new folder in windows explorer, I click "new" and then select folder in the drop down menu. The folder is created but I do not have the possibility to give it a name anymore. As if some one is pressing "enter" for me. The cursor jumps directly from the folder...
  8. Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder: Two odd things are happen to my files: 1. Changing only the file name in explorer changes the folder name 2. I cannot locate the directory (possibly a library) Here's what is happening in explorer: I search for the text OLD, the results come up: file=IMG_3654.JPG folder...
  9. User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders"

in Windows 10 Customization
    User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders": I have a problem with my User Folder. Actually the User Folder name is fine, but when you add the Folder on the desktop (with the option on Personalize + Themes) it changed it's name to "Folders" I've tried creating new users, but every new user I create, no matter how...
  10. How to change the name of a new folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the name of a new folder?: When I create a new folder, I cannot rename it? Is there a magic trick to doing this? 15058