Windows 10: Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group

Discus and support Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi team,I tried to add my children in my new family group but it seems it is not allow me to do so as it state I have to remove them from the current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HarryFung1, Sep 1, 2023.

1. Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group

Hi team,I tried to add my children in my new family group but it seems it is not allow me to do so as it state I have to remove them from the current family group, but I cannot remove them as I cannot find the remove dots in their account page / family account profile page, how can I add them in my new family group? Thanks!Harry

:)

HarryFung1, Sep 1, 2023

2. Microsoft Family - Child can remove themselves from the family

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with Microsoft Family group.

Usually, when you add a Child account to Family group, the child account will not be able to remove themselves from the Family. Only the Adult account can remove the Child account from the family.

One of the possibilities that I can think of is that the Child account was added as an Adult account by mistake and that could be the reason your Child was able to remove him/her from the Family.

I would suggest you to try adding the Child account once again to the Family Group and see if the Child has an option to quit the Family group. Refer the article

Add members to your family group

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 1, 2023
  3. Amaira M Win User
    Unable to remove child account from Family

I am the family organizer & there is just one member in the family besides me i.e. my child. I am unable to remove my child's (age: 11) account from family. It gives below error (after step 3).

You can't remove Ami from the family. Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for Ami can remove this family member. Ask the family organizer who granted Ami consent to remove Ami from the family group.

Steps followed:

1. Log into Microsoft Family Safety
    2. Select 3 dots on the top right of child's card & select "Remove from family group"
    3. A dialog appears for final confirmation. Select Remove.
    If I am the family organizer why can't I remove it?

Why does it say "Only the adult that granted consent for Ami can remove this family member"? Who else other than me granted consent? How can I find it out?

How can I remove my child's account from family?

My child cannot remove herself from the family group as well. She logged into Microsoft Family Safety but doesn't see the option to exit the group. Actually, I want her to join a different family group but it's not allowed since she is already a member of a current family group. Until she leaves her current family group she can't join a new one.

Amaira M, Sep 1, 2023
  4. Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group

Microsoft family problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

• When you say ‘I re-connect the account’, did you re-add the account to the Family group on the website or add the user account on the PC?
    • Did you check the system time to see if it has been set correctly?

This issue can occur if some of the settings are not working as expected.

Let us try these methods to check if that helps.

A: Suggest you to
    remove the child account from the Family group account. To remove a member from your family group, you must have an adult account.

I would also like to inform you that if you have added the account as a child again (if not, add the account as child), try to set up screen time and then turn it off.

B: Once it is done, you can
    add the child account to the Family group. After adding the account, have your child sign in to the PC. Refer to the steps under the section ‘Add
    an existing child account on your PC to your family group’.

Article for Reference.

Setup and manage your Family

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 1, 2023
Thema:

Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group

1. Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group - Similar Threads - Cannot add child

2. Unable to Add child account to Family group.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Add child account to Family group.: I contacted chat support under case number 7031667301. The chat window closed before I could copy any details.My 13 year old son has a Windows PC running Windows version 11. I am unable to add him to my family group so that I can use windows parental control features to...
  3. Unable to Add child account to Family group.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Add child account to Family group.: I contacted chat support under case number 7031667301. The chat window closed before I could copy any details.My 13 year old son has a Windows PC running Windows version 11. I am unable to add him to my family group so that I can use windows parental control features to...
  4. Cannot remove child account from Microsoft Family Group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot remove child account from Microsoft Family Group: We have 2 accounts setup for a child in our Family group and are not sure how this has happened. We are trying to remove the duplicate account but get a message saying:Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that...
  5. Cannot remove child account from Microsoft Family Group

Cannot remove child account from Microsoft Family Group: We have 2 accounts setup for a child in our Family group and are not sure how this has happened. We are trying to remove the duplicate account but get a message saying:Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that...
  6. Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add my child microsoft account in my family group: Hi team,I tried to add my children in my new family group but it seems it is not allow me to do so as it state I have to remove them from the current family group, but I cannot remove them as I cannot find the remove dots in their account page / family account profile page,...
  7. Cannot add my child account back in my family groupe on Family Safety

Cannot add my child account back in my family groupe on Family Safety: Hi,The problem starts with my son's account has disconnected from the Microsoft family safety app and screen was timing out at the middle of his remote sessions with his teachers.So I tried removing and adding his account back and ended up getting the mesaage saying...
  8. Cannot add my child account back in my family groupe on Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add my child account back in my family groupe on Family Safety: Hi,The problem starts with my son's account has disconnected from the Microsoft family safety app and screen was timing out at the middle of his remote sessions with his teachers.So I tried removing and adding his account back and ended up getting the mesaage saying...
  9. Cannot add my child account back in my family groupe on Family Safety

10. Microsoft family - can't add child to group

Microsoft family - can't add child to group: I am trying to set up a Family Group and add one child, but when it gives the option for my child to sign in and accept the invitation I get a message saying 'You can't join this group until you leave the group you are already in'. I have set up my child with an outlook...