Windows 10: Cannot activate windows in virtualbox

Discus and support Cannot activate windows in virtualbox in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, basically I'm trying to activate windows but I did not note my activation key that was included with my prebuilt pc. I don't use windows as primary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Harlow W, Sep 25, 2024 at 10:12 AM.

1. Harlow W Win User

Cannot activate windows in virtualbox

Hi, basically I'm trying to activate windows but I did not note my activation key that was included with my prebuilt pc. I don't use windows as primary OS and when I tried linking my microsoft account it didn't activate either.I am running windows 10 in virtualbox for games that i cannot play from linux and I thought I did have a key linked with my account but it seems like I don't nor do I own a digital copy of windows.

:)

2. Virtualbox - Windows activation

Hello

I am planning to run virtualbox on linux and would like to have multi- windows virtual machines in virtualbox.

Do I need to buy multi-windows activation key? Or 1 Only ?

Thanks

3. Teemka79 Win User
    virtualbox

Hello,

The system finds VirtualBox and suggests to uninstall it manually, to run the update, but I am unable to find any app/program containing it. It's not shown in the Uninstall or Change the Program list. I do not have any Oracle installed on my PC either.

Kind regards,

TK

4. PuB_Evo Win User

Sun VirtualBox

Been there and done that. Followed through enabling the 3D acceleration and as told i hit the "Install Guest Addition" to install the drivers in the guest operating system, after that i was told to reboot the VirtualBox and came to the blue windows XP shutdown screen... It was on that screen for more then 30mins and so i force a shutdown on the original Win7 OS to et rid of the VirtualBox OS shutdown screen. Rebooted and tested VirtualBox with the game and got the same error message as shown in my first post.

EDIT: Gone through all the steps till i came to rebooting the VirtualBox OS. After the system coming up normally, i checked if the 3D acceleration is enabled by running dxdiag. Here is what i get...

Cannot activate windows in virtualbox DirectX.png

Need advise to fix 3D acceleration so i can go on. Thank you so much!

Thema:

1. Cannot activate windows in virtualbox - Similar Threads - Cannot activate virtualbox

2. Cannot activate windows in virtualbox

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot activate windows in virtualbox: Hi, basically I'm trying to activate windows but I did not note my activation key that was included with my prebuilt pc. I don't use windows as primary OS and when I tried linking my microsoft account it didn't activate either.I am running windows 10 in virtualbox for games...
  3. Cannot activate windows in virtualbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot activate windows in virtualbox: Hi, basically I'm trying to activate windows but I did not note my activation key that was included with my prebuilt pc. I don't use windows as primary OS and when I tried linking my microsoft account it didn't activate either.I am running windows 10 in virtualbox for games...
  4. cant activate my virtualbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant activate my virtualbox: Hi i have a problem i have a windows 7 ultimate virtual machine and cant activate because i dont know whats the product key can you help me ? the program i use is oracle virtualbox and thank you...
  5. cant activate my virtualbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant activate my virtualbox: Hi i have a problem i have a windows 7 ultimate virtual machine and cant activate because i dont know whats the product key can you help me ? the program i use is oracle virtualbox and thank you...
  6. Cannot boot windows 10 on virtualbox.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot boot windows 10 on virtualbox.: I can't boot windows 10 on virtualbox. When i'm trying to boot it with 'PAE/NX' option enabled in virtualbox machine settings, i am stuck at windows 10 logo. When i'm disabling this option pae/nx, then i get recovery error, when booting windows 10. help....
  7. Cannot activate W10 on new machine although it activates on VirtualBox no problem

Cannot activate W10 on new machine although it activates on VirtualBox no problem: Ok, so the case here is as follows. I had Win 7 Pro key which was updated to W10 key. I think I got it with one of my old computers. Somwhere in the meantime, when I changed computers, I bought Lenovo with pre-installed W10 Home OEM so I didnt need the above one. Right...
  8. VirtualBox cannot start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VirtualBox cannot start: Hello I am running a fresh install of Windows 10 1909 because I changed my Hard drive to an SSD, and I cannot start my virtual machines that I have imported from my previous install of windows 10 1809. I have Hyper-v, sandbox, containers, and all other virtual machine...
  9. Win 10 activation on Virtualbox

Win 10 activation on Virtualbox: Hi, I had a Win 7 which I've upgraded to Win 10 and inside that Win 10 I've instaled virtualbox with win 10 technical preview to see what's comming next. Not long ago I've bought ssd and I've done clean installation and because motherboard and cpu was the same there was no...
  10. Legit Windows 10 in VirtualBox on Ubuntu - Activate?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Legit Windows 10 in VirtualBox on Ubuntu - Activate?: Hello folks! I am dual-booting Windows 10 and Ubuntu, and consequently have a properly activated Windows 10 installed on my PC. Now, I'm working from home and my company requires that I keep this time-tracking app running while I work. It's a Windows app, but I work in...