Windows 10: Cannot activate Windows 10 with Windows 8 key

Discus and support Cannot activate Windows 10 with Windows 8 key in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I just upgraded my hardware including my motherboard and now it shows me that my Windows 10 is not activated due to a hardware change. I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by down23, Nov 12, 2023.

1. down23 Win User

Cannot activate Windows 10 with Windows 8 key

Hello,I just upgraded my hardware including my motherboard and now it shows me that my Windows 10 is not activated due to a hardware change. I tried to enter my original Windows 8.1 key which I buyed a long time ago but it is the transferable not OEM sort of a key I upgraded from W8 to W10 through the free upgrade when W10 was released..When I enter the key in the "change the product key", it says that I don't have a valid digital license or product key error 0x803fa067.When using the Troubleshooter -> "I recently changed hardware of the device" -> opens up a window with activation

:)

down23, Nov 12, 2023

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 12, 2023
  3. windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, Nov 12, 2023
  4. Aquinus Win User

windows 10 key

You need to upgrade the first time around. Once you upgrade, you can use that key for a clean installation. I've done 2 clean installations with my Windows 7 key since I upgraded to 10 the first time around.

Aquinus, Nov 12, 2023
Thema:

1. Cannot activate Windows 10 with Windows 8 key - Similar Threads - Cannot activate key

2. Using windows 8 key for windows 10 activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using windows 8 key for windows 10 activation: My motherboard had corroded transistors and a burn spot, so I bought a new one and now I cannot activate my windows 10 on the new motherboard... I thought the activation was saved on the hard drive?? IF I type in my windows 8 key that I bought a few years ago, will it...
  3. Using windows 8 key for windows 10 activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using windows 8 key for windows 10 activation: My motherboard had corroded transistors and a burn spot, so I bought a new one and now I cannot activate my windows 10 on the new motherboard... I thought the activation was saved on the hard drive?? IF I type in my windows 8 key that I bought a few years ago, will it...
  4. Using windows 8 key for windows 10 activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot activate Windows 10 with Windows 8 key

Cannot activate Windows 10 with Windows 8 key: Hello,I just upgraded my hardware including my motherboard and now it shows me that my Windows 10 is not activated due to a hardware change. I tried to enter my original Windows 8.1 key which I buyed a long time ago but it is the transferable not OEM sort of a key I upgraded...
  6. Cannot activate Windows 10 with Windows 8 key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate Windows 10 with Windows 8 key: Hello,I just upgraded my hardware including my motherboard and now it shows me that my Windows 10 is not activated due to a hardware change. I tried to enter my original Windows 8.1 key which I buyed a long time ago but it is the transferable not OEM sort of a key I upgraded...
  7. Cannot find my Windows Product Key for Activation Windows 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot find my Windows Product Key for Activation Windows 8: Hi guys, really hope someone can help me here.Something happened with my laptop, but suddenly a lot of programs stopped working, I get error when trying to open programs, etc.But, I also get the message that I should activate Windows.I have Windows 8, as it is an old laptop,...
  8. Windows 10 activation failed Windows 8 key

Windows 10 activation failed Windows 8 key: A few years ago I built a PC, bought a Windows 8 core key through retail, activated it, and then upgraded to Windows 10. A few days ago I finished building a new PC and attempted to use the same key to activate Windows 10, figuring that since I had already done that upgrade...
  9. Activating Windows 10 with Windows 8 Key

Activating Windows 10 with Windows 8 Key: Hello Everyone, So the past two evenings have been an absolute nightmare trying to get Windows 10 re-installed on my computer. Here's a little background: I currently possess a Windows 8.0 key. I previously had upgraded to Windows 8.1 and then in August upgraded to...
  10. Activating Windows 10 using a Windows 8 Key

Activating Windows 10 using a Windows 8 Key: Hi everyone, I'm thinking about installing Windows 10 pro using the virtualization station on my QNAP NAS. Because we're still in the free upgrade period and I have access to one Windows 8.1 Pro license key through my school for personal use, I was wondering how best to...