Windows 10: can you upgrade to Windows 10 Pro without paying for the licence through Microsoft Store

Discus and support can you upgrade to Windows 10 Pro without paying for the licence through Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; There seems to be a lot of confusion here.I kept hearing that upgrading to pro version was free. After a lot of issues, I finally managed to upgrade.I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BabakKamali, Aug 31, 2024.

1. can you upgrade to Windows 10 Pro without paying for the licence through Microsoft Store

There seems to be a lot of confusion here.I kept hearing that upgrading to pro version was free. After a lot of issues, I finally managed to upgrade.I even had to use the telephone system and then speak to the actual support PERSON.But when I finally managed it, I realized that I couldn't activate it. They give you a key to upgrade. But then they ask you for $145 for another key to activate it.This must be against the customer protection law. Most people will feel that they have to by then because the upgrade doesn't have all the features of an activated upgrade. So, however you look at it the

:)

BabakKamali, Aug 31, 2024

2. Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with a digital Licence. The in structions say

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select
      Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.

Fine, but how do I get a digital Licence for Win 10 PRo??

Going to Microsoft Store via the upgrade with digital licence link, provides no opton for upgrading.

Any solution??

JohnStorey11, Aug 31, 2024
  3. Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

Hi Guys,

I have only a digital licence for Win 10 Home.

Microsoft say

To upgrade, select the Start button, then select Settings >
    Update & security > Activation.

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select
      Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, but Windows 10 Home isn't activated on your device, select
      Troubleshoot, and then follow the steps to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

There appears to be no way to purchase or obtain a DIGITAL licence from Microsoft - only a product with a licence.

So how can I obtain a DIGITAL licence?

that is the question ( thanks to Shakespaear)

I don't appear to have a digital Pro licence, otherwise I would expect it to appear on my MS Account. It is exceedingly frustrating, but I suppose that it is all part of the fun.

JohnStorey11, Aug 31, 2024
  4. malware Win User

can you upgrade to Windows 10 Pro without paying for the licence through Microsoft Store

Microsoft: Upgraded Motherboard = New Windows Licence

Microsoft recently made a change to the licence agreement saying that a new motherboard is equal to a new computer, hence you need to purchase a new Windows licence.Here is what Microsoft has to say:
    The reason Microsoft gave for this term is that:
    Microsoft sent a memo to its OEM partners asking them to enforce this new policy, every time they upgrade a computer for a client.

Source: Aviran's Place

malware, Aug 31, 2024
Thema:

can you upgrade to Windows 10 Pro without paying for the licence through Microsoft Store

1. can you upgrade to Windows 10 Pro without paying for the licence through Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - upgrade Pro without

2. can you upgrade to Windows 10 Pro without paying for the licence through Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can you upgrade to Windows 10 Pro without paying for the licence through Microsoft Store: There seems to be a lot of confusion here.I kept hearing that upgrading to pro version was free. After a lot of issues, I finally managed to upgrade.I even had to use the telephone system and then speak to the actual support PERSON.But when I finally managed it, I realized...
  3. can you upgrade to Windows 10 Pro without paying for the licence through Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can you upgrade to Windows 10 Pro without paying for the licence through Microsoft Store: There seems to be a lot of confusion here.I kept hearing that upgrading to pro version was free. After a lot of issues, I finally managed to upgrade.I even had to use the telephone system and then speak to the actual support PERSON.But when I finally managed it, I realized...
  4. Upgrade to Windows 11 Pro through Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Windows 11 Pro through Microsoft Store: My work just purchased a brand new Lenovo LOQ laptop. Not refurbished, not used, brand new sealed in the box.When I go to the Microsoft store to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro, I am greeted with a "Try again: Something happened and we couldn't start the...
  5. Upgrade to Windows 11 Pro through Microsoft Store

Upgrade to Windows 11 Pro through Microsoft Store: My work just purchased a brand new Lenovo LOQ laptop. Not refurbished, not used, brand new sealed in the box.When I go to the Microsoft store to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro, I am greeted with a "Try again: Something happened and we couldn't start the...
  6. How can I purchase a Windows 10 Pro upgrade without using the Microsoft Store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How can I purchase a Windows 10 Pro upgrade without using the Microsoft Store?: I live in Canada, but my credit card and other payment options are issued and based in the US. I am trying to upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro.When I try to purchase a Windows upgrade through the Microsoft Store, it fails and tells me to change my store region to...
  7. How can I purchase a Windows 10 Pro upgrade without using the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I purchase a Windows 10 Pro upgrade without using the Microsoft Store?: I live in Canada, but my credit card and other payment options are issued and based in the US. I am trying to upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro.When I try to purchase a Windows upgrade through the Microsoft Store, it fails and tells me to change my store region to...
  8. Can you upgrade a Windows 10 Home OEM licence to Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you upgrade a Windows 10 Home OEM licence to Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on the...: I have a machine that needs to be on Windows 7 Pro, the machine hardware is dying so we are needing to image it and move the image to another machine. We then have a machine with a Windows 10 Home OEM licence, if we upgrade that to Windows 10 Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on...
  9. Can you upgrade a Windows 10 Home OEM licence to Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on the...

Can you upgrade a Windows 10 Home OEM licence to Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on the...: I have a machine that needs to be on Windows 7 Pro, the machine hardware is dying so we are needing to image it and move the image to another machine. We then have a machine with a Windows 10 Home OEM licence, if we upgrade that to Windows 10 Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on...
  10. I purchase the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store but it won't upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I purchase the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store but it won't upgrade: When I purchased my upgrade through the Microsoft Store, I clicked the Install button see directly below, Click that I have saved all files then get stuck on a screen that says Windows is "Getting things ready...." see second below. After many minutes of waiting nothing...