Windows 10: Can you move previous Windows versions onto other computers?

Discus and support Can you move previous Windows versions onto other computers? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi!This question isn't mainly about Windows 10, but rather about previous versions. So I am currently building a new setup, since my current can only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thatonelionpower, Jun 6, 2022.

1. Can you move previous Windows versions onto other computers?

Hi!This question isn't mainly about Windows 10, but rather about previous versions. So I am currently building a new setup, since my current can only go so far.

I was wondering if i could move the Windows version form my current one (Windows 7, yes, its old), by copy-pasting the system32 files onto a pendrive and pasting it into the newer computer?Is that possible?Would I be able to then upgrade it further?Thanks!

Edit: I'm sorry for flaring incorrectly , if I did

submitted by /u/thatonelionpower
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thatonelionpower, Jun 6, 2022

2. erase previous version of windows to create space

Perform the steps to delete previous version of windows :-

• In the search box on the taskbar, type settings, then choose it from the list of results.

• Select System > Storage > This PC and then scroll down the list and choose Temporary file
    • Under Remove temporary files, select the Previous version of Windows check box and then choose Remove files.

Sanghati Barman, Jun 6, 2022
  3. reverting to previous build/version

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue.

• When the computer did froze? Is it when you tried to roll back?
    • Did you receive any error message?
    I suggest you to remove all the external devices plugged in to the computer and check if it helps to resolve the issue. If the issue persists, please restart the computer and check whether it rolled back or not. If it loads Windows 10,
    I suggest you to download the latest ISO of Windows 10 and perform automatic repair.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Steps to perform repair:

a) Insert the installation DVD or USB
    and boot Windows 8 from it.

b) In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

c) Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

d) Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

If you really would like to rollback, I suggest you to refer the below article on How to go back to the previous operating system (Windows 7/8.1) from Windows 10.

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 23rd, 2015

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...original/76b6750c-5bb2-40bc-a7e3-f03cec62338b

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy

to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 6, 2022
  4. JKSingh Win User

Can you move previous Windows versions onto other computers?

restoring previous version of windows on windows phone

Recently I have upgraded my windows 8.1 phone to windows 10 phone. But I am not comfortable with this version and wants to rollback to my previous version windows 8.1.

Please help me and suggest the steps.

JKSingh, Jun 6, 2022
Thema:

Can you move previous Windows versions onto other computers?

1. Can you move previous Windows versions onto other computers? - Similar Threads - move previous versions

2. Can you move an already installed program between computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you move an already installed program between computers?: I have two windows xp servers without internet connection, one of them has a specific program and the other one doesn't.I cannot use a usb to copy an installation file on the one without it, but i can move files between both computes.When I tried to just copy the program and...
  3. Can you move an already installed program between computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you move an already installed program between computers?: I have two windows xp servers without internet connection, one of them has a specific program and the other one doesn't.I cannot use a usb to copy an installation file on the one without it, but i can move files between both computes.When I tried to just copy the program and...
  4. how can i install windows works 7 onto computer windows 10 version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i install windows works 7 onto computer windows 10 version: My computer is windows 10 how can I install windows works 7 cd it gets so far then stops and states it requires 32 bit not 64 bit whatever that means...
  5. how can i install windows works 7 onto computer windows 10 version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i install windows works 7 onto computer windows 10 version: My computer is windows 10 how can I install windows works 7 cd it gets so far then stops and states it requires 32 bit not 64 bit whatever that means...
  6. can i restore my windows to a previous version ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i restore my windows to a previous version ?: so I finally decided to update my windows to 1909 as I really need this version to play cod war zone smoothly, but I'm afraid this update cause problems with other software or games, can I make a restore point now before updating and later on after updating if something went...
  7. Is there anyway to install windows 10 onto a computer without any other computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there anyway to install windows 10 onto a computer without any other computer: submitted by /u/Boot9strapperforlife [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e1to55/is_there_anyway_to_install_windows_10_onto_a/
  8. Previous versions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Previous versions: Hello there! In System properties, system protection is "on" for C and E drive I can also see 5 restore point when i click "system restore" from control panel's System properties But when i click on restore previous version on any of the folder in those two drives it...
  9. Can previous windows version restore happen automatically?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can previous windows version restore happen automatically?: I help a friend with her computer, and gave it a good clean up, disk clean, virus and malware scan, privacy scan, emptying histories etc. and installing the Windows Malicious software tool. She had her online banking hacked and the fraud squad wouldn't let her have online...
  10. Careful if you use Recovery to restore previous version of Windows

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Careful if you use Recovery to restore previous version of Windows: I had some compatibility issues with VOIP service that I use on PC (GV Jack App), so to make it work properly (until PCPhoneSoft comes out with a compatible 10 version), and much nagging from wife that phone didn't work if the kids were logged into their accounts, I decided...