Windows 10: Can windows10 update turn on WIFI-2 adapter?

Discus and support Can windows10 update turn on WIFI-2 adapter? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I always turn off Wifi in windows settings. I also totally turned off the Wifi2 adapter intel dual band wireless, i don't use it.Suddenly i see in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by naamloos_487, Dec 16, 2022.

1. Can windows10 update turn on WIFI-2 adapter?

I always turn off Wifi in windows settings. I also totally turned off the Wifi2 adapter intel dual band wireless, i don't use it.Suddenly i see in my history my pc connected to this adapter. It never happens.I checked my wifi setting, and everything is off, still. but the adapater was turned on. So i disconnected it again. so the icon is grayed outI can't understand how its "online" when everything is off. Is it possible a windows update turns it back on?

:)

naamloos_487, Dec 16, 2022

2. Wifi adapter turned off

Thanks Mr. Andre Da Costa

1. Hosted network supported: yes
    2. Antivirus uninstalled
    3. Turn on mobile hotspot : can not be turned on while the wifi adapter is off
    4. uninstall all virtual adapters: Done
    5. HostedNetworkSettings key deleted
    6. updating both your Network adapter drivers or uninstall them. : Done
    7. Starting hotspot from command prompt does not work while the wifi adapter is off
    8. Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter: not found. windows can not make virtual adapter while wifi adapter is off

The main problem is that the wifi adapter is off and if I turned it on it went off again immediately

I tried an external wifi USB adapter and it has the same problem, even if it is on it can not start a hotspot.

What must I do

EssamSaied1, Dec 16, 2022
  3. WiFi won't turn on

Hi Joel,

As you are facing issues with turning on the Wi-Fi on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Have you turned on Airplane mode on your computer?

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if the Airplane mode is turned on. If so turn it off and check.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings
      from the left pane.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Airplane mode turn it off and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to check if
    Network Adapter is enabled in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand Network Adapter.
    • Right click on adapter driver, click on Properties.
    • Click on Driver tab and Enable the driver.

Step 3: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. Try the troubleshooting steps and get back to us with an updated status of accessing Wi-Fi for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 16, 2022
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Can windows10 update turn on WIFI-2 adapter?

Windows 10 - WIFI 2 - Cant connect

Hi
    Myamara,

It is possible that your drivers are outdated or the connection itself has the issue. We suggest that you perform
    these methods of troubleshooting
    and check if there are any changes:

Method 1: Reset TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh int ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your WiFi connection.

Method 2: Disable auto turn-off of WiFi device.

Go to
    Network and Sharing Center. At the
    right pane, click
    Change adapter settings.
    Right-click
    on your
    connection name(WiFi name)
    and go to
    Properties.Click
    the
    "Configure..."
    button and go to
    Power Management
    tab.Uncheck/disable
    the
    radio button
    for
    "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power". And then,
    Restart the PC(Important).

Method 3: Reconfigure TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh int tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh int tcp
        set global autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh int tcp set global
        rss=enabled

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 16, 2022
Thema:

Can windows10 update turn on WIFI-2 adapter?

1. Can windows10 update turn on WIFI-2 adapter? - Similar Threads - windows10 update turn

2. Can I use 2 wifi adapters at once?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use 2 wifi adapters at once?: I have this wifi adapter, it has bluetooth on it but the wifi is complete garbage, I was wondering if I could get a new wifi adapter and keep the other one plugged in so i can keep the bluetooth functionality...
  3. Can I use 2 wifi adapters at once?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use 2 wifi adapters at once?: I have this wifi adapter, it has bluetooth on it but the wifi is complete garbage, I was wondering if I could get a new wifi adapter and keep the other one plugged in so i can keep the bluetooth functionality...
  4. Can windows10 update turn on WIFI-2 adapter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can windows10 update turn on WIFI-2 adapter?: I always turn off Wifi in windows settings. I also totally turned off the Wifi2 adapter intel dual band wireless, i don't use it.Suddenly i see in my history my pc connected to this adapter. It never happens.I checked my wifi setting, and everything is off, still. but the...
  5. Can windows10 update turn on WIFI-2 adapter?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can windows10 update turn on WIFI-2 adapter?: I always turn off Wifi in windows settings. I also totally turned off the Wifi2 adapter intel dual band wireless, i don't use it.Suddenly i see in my history my pc connected to this adapter. It never happens.I checked my wifi setting, and everything is off, still. but the...
  6. Wifi connection can't be turned on in Windows10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connection can't be turned on in Windows10.: My niece got a Lenovo laptop from her mom who works in Bahrain. The laptop was working fine when it was in Bahrain but now that it's in the Philippines, the wifi connection can't be turned on. Running ipconfig shows "wireless lan adapter wifi media disconnected". There is no...
  7. Wifi connection can't be turned on in Windows10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi connection can't be turned on in Windows10.: My niece got a Lenovo laptop from her mom who works in Bahrain. The laptop was working fine when it was in Bahrain but now that it's in the Philippines, the wifi connection can't be turned on. Running ipconfig shows "wireless lan adapter wifi media disconnected". There is no...
  8. Wifi adapter turned off

Wifi adapter turned off: This problem "since about two months after an update for my windows 10 system; the wifi adapter now go off when the internet cable is connected and it does not go on again unless i disconnected the internet cable. I dont know what to do to activate the mobile hotspot from...
  9. Wifi adapter turned off

Wifi adapter turned off: since about two months after an update for my windows 10 system; the wifi adapter now go off when the internet cable is connected and it does not go on again unless i disconnected the internet cable. I dont know what to do to activate the mobile hotspot from my device. I...
  10. Turn off WiFi adapter

Turn off WiFi adapter: Is WiFi antenna turned off if I disable WiFi adapter in "Adapter settings"? Why Airplane mode only disconnect WiFi from network, not disable them? 90594