Windows 10: Can Windows 8.1 Pro Student license that was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro be used to activate...

Discus and support Can Windows 8.1 Pro Student license that was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro be used to activate... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi Everyone,So as per the title of the question, I wanted to know if a Windows 8.1 Pro Student license that was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro be used to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sabbir Noor, Jul 19, 2024.

1. Can Windows 8.1 Pro Student license that was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro be used to activate...

Hi Everyone,So as per the title of the question, I wanted to know if a Windows 8.1 Pro Student license that was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro be used to activate Windows 11? I purchased the license as a student from the Microsoft store back in 2015, as I built a desktop at the time. I have not used the license for some time, but am looking to build a PC soon and wondering if I can use the license key to active a fresh Windows 11 install? Thank you

:)

Sabbir Noor, Jul 19, 2024

2. Free upgrade from Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro using 10 Pro retail license

My current computer has an activated Windows 10 Pro retail license. I'm planning to replace my current computer by buying a new computer that comes preinstalled with Windows 11 Home, and then I understand I can use my 10 Pro license to upgrade to 11 Pro for free.

What's the most straightforward way of accomplishing this? The obvious approach that comes to mind involves two steps:

1. Reinstall Windows 10 Pro on new computer and activate with my existing retail license.
    2. Upgrade new computer to 11 Pro for free through the settings.
    Is there a simpler way of doing this without having to reinstall Windows 10? For example, would it be possible to somehow "trade in" my Windows 10 Pro license for 11 Pro? I'm fairly new to Windows licensing and am just trying to understand what is possible/best practice, with minimal effort.

Zachary100, Jul 19, 2024
  3. DanRasch Win User
    Windows 10 Pro for Students?

I am a student with Windows 10 Home. Will there be a student discount way to upgrade to Pro? For example, my student cost for Windows 8 Pro is $10. Upgrade cost from Windows 10 Home to Pro is $100. And I can't simply buy Windows 8 Pro for $10 and then
    upgrade to Windows 10 Pro because the free upgrade ended last month (in July 2016).

DanRasch, Jul 19, 2024
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Can Windows 8.1 Pro Student license that was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro be used to activate...

Dual Boot Windows question.

Talking basic Windows for Windows, not upgrading to Windows 10.

Upgrade path:
    Windows 7/8/8.1 Home upgrades to Windows 10 Home
    Windows 7/8/8.1 Pro upgrades to Windows 10 Pro
    Windows 7 Ultimate upgrades to Windows 10 Pro since there is no Ultimate version of Windows 10.

But basic Windows Home license can't activate Windows Pro versions same for Office packs.

puma99dk|, Jul 19, 2024
Thema:

Can Windows 8.1 Pro Student license that was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro be used to activate...

1. Can Windows 8.1 Pro Student license that was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro be used to activate... - Similar Threads - Pro Student license

2. Can Windows 8.1 Pro Student license that was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro be used to activate...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Windows 8.1 Pro Student license that was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro be used to activate...: Hi Everyone,So as per the title of the question, I wanted to know if a Windows 8.1 Pro Student license that was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro be used to activate Windows 11? I purchased the license as a student from the Microsoft store back in 2015, as I built a desktop at the...
  3. Windows 8 pro activation

Windows 8 pro activation: So Lately I boot my old pc to see something and i keep getting the notification to activate the windows with product key and i cannot upgrade it to win 10 or do anything cause of that limitation. I don't know where the key is after all these years so what should i do? TIA...
  4. Upgrading from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro not activating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro not activating: Hi,I have an old Acer laptop which I tried to upgrade to Windows Pro but it won't activate once the upgrade is completed. Below are the steps I followed to complete the upgrade:I created a Windows account which I used throughout the upgrade processes.1. Did a clean install of...
  5. Upgrading from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro not activating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro not activating: Hi,I have an old Acer laptop which I tried to upgrade to Windows Pro but it won't activate once the upgrade is completed. Below are the steps I followed to complete the upgrade:I created a Windows account which I used throughout the upgrade processes.1. Did a clean install of...
  6. Upgrading from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro not activating

7. Windows 11 Pro Activation Using Windows 10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Activation Using Windows 10 Pro License: Hello All,I have an old laptop with windows 10 pro that activated using a windows 10 pro retail digital license connected to my Microsoft account. Recently, I bought a new laptop and I'm trying to activate the windows 11 pro on new laptop using the existing license and...
  8. Windows 11 Pro Activation Using Windows 10 Pro License

Windows 11 Pro Activation Using Windows 10 Pro License: Hello All,I have an old laptop with windows 10 pro that activated using a windows 10 pro retail digital license connected to my Microsoft account. Recently, I bought a new laptop and I'm trying to activate the windows 11 pro on new laptop using the existing license and...
  9. Is it still possible to buy a Windows 8 pro license and use it to activate Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it still possible to buy a Windows 8 pro license and use it to activate Windows 10?: So I'm looking to get Windows 10 for my PC build but I'm able to get a Windows 8 pro license for much cheaper. I saw online that you could use a Windows 8 license to activate Windows 10 but the post was from over 2 years ago. Is that still relevant? submitted by /u/KCF443...
  10. windows 8 pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 8 pro upgrade: my laptop came with windows 8 pro . what I understand is that windows 8 key is preset in BIOS. But when i upgraded to widnows 10 it upgraded to Home edition. I tried going to " upgrade to windows 10 pro" in microsoft store. but its asking me for key. what should i do....