Windows 10: Can someone help me? More specifically can someone who works at Microsoft assist me asap.

Discus and support Can someone help me? More specifically can someone who works at Microsoft assist me asap. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am not allowed to add in a phone number, basically meaning I can't redeem my microsoft rewards.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Peter Carnovale, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Can someone help me? More specifically can someone who works at Microsoft assist me asap.

I am not allowed to add in a phone number, basically meaning I can't redeem my microsoft rewards.

:)

Peter Carnovale, Jan 17, 2024

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 17, 2024
  3. dalchina Win User
    Quick Assist not working

Good diagnostic step.

You've tried disabling 3rd party program startups, but there could be more things starting beyond those listed in the task manager startup list, if that's what you used.

Ideally you would have hands on access to both PCs... but that's not so. All credit to them for creating a new user account etc.

If you wished to disable more startups on the problem account you could use Autoruns (free from MS). But that seems asking a bit much of someone else remotely.

Of course, the problem could have nothing whatsoever to do with startups... you might want to check all services are default, for example, in particular those necessary for this.

Presumably it's not been blocked by the firewall:
    Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10
    - some unfinished discussion as to whether both accounts had to be MS accounts or not.

I found this:
    Windows 10 Quick Assist: Helpful Remote Assistance App or Potential Vulnerability? — Steeves and Associates

https://4sysops.com/archives/remote-control-windows-10-with-quick-assist/

This gives useful detail on how it works. For example, it uses port 443, so you need to check that's not blocked.
    It also indicates how to block it- so you can check that doesn't apply.

dalchina, Jan 17, 2024
  4. dalchina Win User

Can someone help me? More specifically can someone who works at Microsoft assist me asap.

Quick Assist not working

Can someone help me? More specifically can someone who works at Microsoft assist me asap. 281652d1591196059t-quick-assist-not-working-1.png

I suppose another possibility might be that some related service is not configured correctly...

E.g. Tweaking.com's repair tool includes a repair to set services to default.

I suggest you look at affected PCs and check installed programs to see if there are any that are common only to those and not others, especially 3rd party security programs with firewalls.

I saw a note somewhere that there's no relevant group policy.

Is this idea relevant?
    or this:
    - this helped some people
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-3a46fe1fd0a6

dalchina, Jan 17, 2024
Thema:

Can someone help me? More specifically can someone who works at Microsoft assist me asap.

1. Can someone help me? More specifically can someone who works at Microsoft assist me asap. - Similar Threads - someone help More

2. Can someone help me?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone help me?: Hey Guys, I have been having problems with my Dell Windows 11 Laptop. I think there is some corrupted files. A couple things that I cannot do is run programs as an administrator like /run. I try to use Ctrl Shift Esc for task manager and even try to get to it through Ctrl Alt...
  3. Can someone help me with this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help me with this?: So recently I decided to to factory reset my pc because it had been slow. But when I restarted it, the screen was just black and I couldn't do anything, so i pressed and holded the button and sure enough it was just stuck in a loop that I provided in the picture. Can anybody...
  4. Can someone help me? More specifically can someone who works at Microsoft assist me asap.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can someone help me? More specifically can someone who works at Microsoft assist me asap.: I am not allowed to add in a phone number, basically meaning I can't redeem my microsoft rewards. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-help-me-more-specifically-can-someone/6e8154c5-366b-4ed7-a5ff-becf8dc74da0
  5. Can someone help me? More specifically can someone who works at Microsoft assist me asap.

Can someone help me? More specifically can someone who works at Microsoft assist me asap.: I am not allowed to add in a phone number, basically meaning I can't redeem my microsoft rewards. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-help-me-more-specifically-can-someone/6e8154c5-366b-4ed7-a5ff-becf8dc74da0
  6. Can someone help me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help me?: My PC is windows 10, 8 GB of RAM, CPU cooling, and I forgot the rest. My Keyboard and Mouse haven't been connecting nor my monitor. This has been happening for the past 4 months and I have watched every video on YouTube but they were no help. Someone please help me solve this...
  7. Can someone help me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help me?: I need help the faster as posible please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-help-me/d4888b79-6281-49f3-b4f1-4b419c8a7b68
  8. is there someone here who can help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there someone here who can help me: my microsoft account was logout from my windows and I did lost all of my files and apps that were on my desctop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-someone-here-who-can-help-me/cd4b132b-ab59-4317-85d5-4e01c5162392
  9. is there someone here who can help me

is there someone here who can help me: my microsoft account was logout from my windows and I did lost all of my files and apps that were on my desctop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-someone-here-who-can-help-me/cd4b132b-ab59-4317-85d5-4e01c5162392
  10. Can someone help me?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can someone help me?: Hi Everyone, I would to inform to you and ask for you help in this situation. I was trying to download this game, but it says "UPDATE YOUR DEVICE TO INSTALL THIS GAME". I went to Update and Security in the Settings and I check for updates but there wasn't any. Can a kind...