Windows 10: Can someone from my wife's work access my personal files in my onedrive or local drive?

Discus and support Can someone from my wife's work access my personal files in my onedrive or local drive? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My wife once logged into her work microsoft account from my personal computer. She no longer does that and sometimes when I open an MS file it first... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EJP-LH, Jul 10, 2024.

1. EJP-LH Win User

Can someone from my wife's work access my personal files in my onedrive or local drive?

My wife once logged into her work microsoft account from my personal computer. She no longer does that and sometimes when I open an MS file it first opens showing her work account. I change it back to my personal one but I came to wonder if anyone at her work can access/view my personal files stored in my laptop/Onedrive?

:)

EJP-LH, Jul 10, 2024
  2. ThewlynOh Win User

OneDrive files not accessible on my local drive

Hello.

I am trying to repurpose my wife's old all-in-one for our middle schooler. I am trying to copy the files from her OneDrive to an external hard drive. OneDrive went through the whole copy process and didn't copy a single file directly to the external drive.

So I highlighted the OneDrive contents, hit copy, then hit paste into her local Documents folder, and it seemed to copy them all ok.

However, now that they are local to the hard drive, when I try to move them to the external drive, it says "Can't read from the source file or disk". EVERY file is like this.

What am I doing wrong?

ThewlynOh, Jul 10, 2024
  3. mgreen10 Win User
    Recent shortcuts for apps show files on OneDrive instead of local hard drive

I was able to follow the steps and uncheck the "Use Office apps to sync" box but it didn't change Office's behavior. I opened and closed an Excel spreadsheet on my local hard drive. After that, when I right-clicked on the Excel icon pinned to the taskbar, a link to the OneDrive cloud file was in the list of recent files instead of a link to the file on my hard drive.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks!

mgreen10, Jul 10, 2024
  4. tfwul Win User

Can someone from my wife's work access my personal files in my onedrive or local drive?

OneDrive Personal Vault - accessing from Android device

I am trying to access my OneDrive Personal Vault using my Samsung Galaxy S10 smartphone.
    Whatever I try I end up with a screen telling me to create a Personal Vault, rather than opening the existing one, which was in fact the 'starting point'.

Steps taken:
    - sign in using my Outlook account
    - select verification method (send a code to my gmail account)
    - paste that into the verification screen

After clicking [Verify] I get this "Create a Personal Vault"-screen.

Any suggestions?

Can someone from my wife's work access my personal files in my onedrive or local drive? 327584d1618466825t-onedrive-personal-vault-accessing-android-device-2021-04-15_08-05-45.png

Windows 10 x64
    Office 365, Outlook Exchange

tfwul, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

1. Can someone from my wife's work access my personal files in my onedrive or local drive? - Similar Threads - someone wife's access

2. Can someone from my wife's work access my personal files in my onedrive or local drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone from my wife's work access my personal files in my onedrive or local drive?: My wife once logged into her work microsoft account from my personal computer. She no longer does that and sometimes when I open an MS file it first opens showing her work account. I change it back to my personal one but I came to wonder if anyone at her work can access/view...
  3. Can someone from my wife's work access my personal files in my onedrive or local drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone from my wife's work access my personal files in my onedrive or local drive?: My wife once logged into her work microsoft account from my personal computer. She no longer does that and sometimes when I open an MS file it first opens showing her work account. I change it back to my personal one but I came to wonder if anyone at her work can access/view...
  4. Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.: I want to move everything from OneDrive to my LOCAL PC and delete ONeDrive. Please help with this. I want to copy and paste from my onedrive to my local "Home" desktop folder.I unlinked my onedrive after I stopped all the files from syncing in the system folder. Now all of my...
  5. Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.

Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.: I want to move everything from OneDrive to my LOCAL PC and delete ONeDrive. Please help with this. I want to copy and paste from my onedrive to my local "Home" desktop folder.I unlinked my onedrive after I stopped all the files from syncing in the system folder. Now all of my...
  6. my file explorer is damaged. I can no longer access my personal files from my C: drive,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my file explorer is damaged. I can no longer access my personal files from my C: drive,: my file explorer is damaged. I can no longer access my personal files from my C: drive, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-file-explorer-is-damaged-i-can-no-longer-access/d1e0c6c5-207f-441c-99fb-ec1533f80f79
  7. my file explorer is damaged. I can no longer access my personal files from my C: drive,

my file explorer is damaged. I can no longer access my personal files from my C: drive,: my file explorer is damaged. I can no longer access my personal files from my C: drive, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-file-explorer-is-damaged-i-can-no-longer-access/d1e0c6c5-207f-441c-99fb-ec1533f80f79
  8. Why does my wife's OneDrive show my OneDrive folders?

Why does my wife's OneDrive show my OneDrive folders?: We both have Microsoft personal accounts and "work or school" accounts. OneDrive is under my personal account, where we have our Office subscription for the Office suite of programs. That is supposed to include, if I understand correctly rarely a valid assumption with...
  9. OneDrive files not accessible on my local drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive files not accessible on my local drive: Hello. I am trying to repurpose my wife's old all-in-one for our middle schooler. I am trying to copy the files from her OneDrive to an external hard drive. OneDrive went through the whole copy process and didn't copy a single file directly to the external drive. So I...
  10. Can I use a clone of my drive in my wife's computer??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I use a clone of my drive in my wife's computer??: I just put a SSD in my computer and the difference was pretty dramatic. I tried to do the same with my wife's, but her partitians were laid out oddly and wouldn't transfer, so I had to make one much smaller. It had to reboot to do that, and when it did, Windows simultaneously...