Windows 10: Can only open one copy of the File Explorer

Discus and support Can only open one copy of the File Explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I frequently need several folders open. Today, for some reason, I am unable to open more than one instance of file explorer. I tried all of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ron Bennett, Sep 22, 2024 at 5:02 PM.

1. Can only open one copy of the File Explorer

I frequently need several folders open. Today, for some reason, I am unable to open more than one instance of file explorer. I tried all of the Microsoft suggestions, but they did not work.What did work?Holding shift key and clicking on the file explorer icon. Great fix - very simple.

:)

2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

3. Can only open one copy of the File Explorer

I can only have one copy of the File Explorer open at a time. When I have File Explorer opened, if I right click on the File Explorer icon on te Taskbar nothing happens.

On my other computers, also running Windows 10, the jump list appears and I can open another copy of the File Explorer.

Is there a setting somewhere to file this?

AirForce9797, Sep 22, 2024 at 5:05 PM
  4. Wozzer Win User

Can only open one copy of the File Explorer

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Thema:

Can only open one copy of the File Explorer

1. Can only open one copy of the File Explorer - Similar Threads - open copy File

2. Can only open one copy of the File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can only open one copy of the File Explorer: I frequently need several folders open. Today, for some reason, I am unable to open more than one instance of file explorer. I tried all of the Microsoft suggestions, but they did not work.What did work?Holding shift key and clicking on the file explorer icon. Great fix -...
  3. Copying / moving only one specific type of file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copying / moving only one specific type of file: Hi! First of all, thank you for even taking the time to read this. TL:DR - How do I, in a large folder with ~200 more folders, select one type of file? To move on to my 'issue' right away; I have one large folder that consists of ~200 more folders. Each of those folders has...
  4. Can't move files, can only copy them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't move files, can only copy them: So im trying to move a file from my ssd to a hardrive but it will only let me copy it. I need to move the entire folder. How can I do that? submitted by /u/todahmoon18238 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kej9un/cant_move_files_can_only_copy_them/
  5. No app is opening, only file explorer is open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No app is opening, only file explorer is open: Today when I opened Avast antivirus, it showed me that almost 113 registry keys are broken, so I pressed the button to fix them. Windows was working fine before I pressed the button. Then Avast opened a blank white screen, I thought I must close it as it has got hanged and...
  6. Can choose only one file typ

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can choose only one file typ: Hi, I wanted to save a gif. So right click but I couldn't choose the file typ 'gif'. Why??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-choose-only-one-file-typ/752925b3-d500-4e0a-9ac2-39b1858a8105
  7. Copying files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying files in File Explorer: Copying files in File Explorer is not working as expected. When I am trying to copy several files, it closes down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-files-in-file-explorer/05006916-943f-467b-ab5d-6043e51ce79d
  8. Printers will only print one copy of a file at a time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printers will only print one copy of a file at a time: I have Windows 10 and I have 2 HP printers attached to my PC. One is wireless and one is wired. I cannot print more than one copy of a file at a time. I put in the number of copies I want, but it will only print one. This happens on Word, Excel and NotePad - and may on...
  9. Win 10 "File Explorer" can only open One copy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 "File Explorer" can only open One copy: I have a new clean install of Win 10 but it only allows me to open one copy of File Explorer. My understanding is that you can open as many File Explorer as I like. I choose Start and File explorer and after the first open file nothing happens. BUT Just found out that if...
  10. file explorer on taskbar not opening windows, and is copying shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer on taskbar not opening windows, and is copying shortcuts: it suddenly stopped working the shortcuts are not opening when i click on them is it a setting?: [img] and why is the shortcuts on the taskbar explorer (when u right click it like in the gif) have the same shortcuts as in the explorer window (the shortcuts on the sides)...