Windows 10: Can OEM Digital License be validated for Audits?

Discus and support Can OEM Digital License be validated for Audits? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I would like to know if I can purchase an OEM digital license and be validated to pass Microsoft Audit for a small enterprise?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sirlogic, May 21, 2023.

1. Sirlogic Win User

Can OEM Digital License be validated for Audits?

I would like to know if I can purchase an OEM digital license and be validated to pass Microsoft Audit for a small enterprise?

:)

Sirlogic, May 21, 2023
  2. Isaac69 Win User

OEM Licenses not valid?

Heya. So I've collected several Windows 10 OEM licenses through Kinguin that I've used while building computers. However, recently it seems like the OEM licenses will no longer activate appropriately. I've attempted to use several but during the activation
    process it always says that I don't have a valid digital license or product key - and when attempting to try to figure out why it does this, the UI seems to be missing several elements. When I attempt to use the key, I get a confirmation message saying that
    I'm unable to activate windows, and to select troubleshoot below. However, the only thing there is a link to the actual store. Attempting to troubleshoot without the prompt shows a completely different product key than the ones I've attempted to put in.

Is there some reason why OEM keys no longer work, or is there something that I'm missing / update broke something / etc? Appreciate any thoughts or help here.

Isaac69, May 21, 2023
  3. hdtvjeff Win User
    How do I get a Digital License with a self built OEM install?

Bit confused here.

Install 6 months ago and today's install used the same media, Valid OEM Keys and both running 10586

One has digital entitlement (license) one simply says activated.

Doesn't OEM allow me to swap hard drives all I want and reinstall windows a gazillion times or is the difference that I have to reinstall OEM prod key in a "NON' digital entitlement(license) environment? whereas with the digital license I would not have to?

hdtvjeff, May 21, 2023
  4. Superfly Win User

How do I get a Digital License with a self built OEM install?

Can't be sure how the same build can show different licensing details... that is weird (post a screen-shot)

OEM licences have a very low activation count (i.e. tolerance for hardware changes) do not mess with that...

Superfly, May 21, 2023
Thema:

1. Can OEM Digital License be validated for Audits? - Similar Threads - OEM Digital License

2. windows digital license validity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows digital license validity: Hi I bought my lenovo legion Y540 in 2020 or 2019, it came with windows 10. I switched to linux after some time but i want to switch back to windows now.Can you confirm if my windows licence is still valid or not.Thanks...
  3. windows digital license validity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows digital license validity: Hi I bought my lenovo legion Y540 in 2020 or 2019, it came with windows 10. I switched to linux after some time but i want to switch back to windows now.Can you confirm if my windows licence is still valid or not.Thanks...
  4. windows digital license validity

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Can OEM Digital License be validated for Audits?

Can OEM Digital License be validated for Audits?: I would like to know if I can purchase an OEM digital license and be validated to pass Microsoft Audit for a small enterprise? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-oem-digital-license-be-validated-for-audits/00107fa5-0bbe-47ac-aa16-3d283cedb884
  6. Are Windows Digital Licenses Valid for Life?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are Windows Digital Licenses Valid for Life?: I used to own a laptop with Win 10 Home which was stolen. I have recently bought a second-hand laptop with Windows 10 Pro pre-installed but do not know who owned this device previously & would like to clean install a fresh copy of Windows. Do I need to purchase a separate...
  7. Are Windows Digital Licenses Valid for Life?

Are Windows Digital Licenses Valid for Life?: I used to own a laptop with Win 10 Home which was stolen. I have recently bought a second-hand laptop with Windows 10 Pro pre-installed but do not know who owned this device previously & would like to clean install a fresh copy of Windows. Do I need to purchase a separate...
  8. Are Windows Digital Licenses Valid for Life?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  9. How to replace digital OEM License with digital Retail License No Product Key

How to replace digital OEM License with digital Retail License No Product Key: Hi Everyone,I upgraded my desktop, mainboard + cpu + NVMe. I wished to keep NVME but it was not detected on new mobo, I had to change it too. It was bad memory with Manufacturer. I found that new NVMe has OS pre-installed with OEM lic somehow, but I want to transfer my Retail...
  10. No valid digital license/Product Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No valid digital license/Product Key: Hi, Getting error code 0x803FA067 when using the Windows 10 Home Product Key to reactivate the product. I had to replace my motherboard. I tried Powershell command: (Get-WmiObject -query 'select * from SoftwareLicensingService').OA3xOriginalProductKey which did not...