Windows 10: Can not make a new password

Discus and support Can not make a new password in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I looked up how to change my pin in settings - accounts - sign-in options, but there is no option to change my PIN.I selected "I forgot my PIN" but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Adrienne 1, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Can not make a new password

I looked up how to change my pin in settings - accounts - sign-in options, but there is no option to change my PIN.I selected "I forgot my PIN" but it does not work.

:)

Adrienne 1, Apr 21, 2024

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Apr 21, 2024
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 21, 2024
  4. Try3 Win User

Can not make a new password

Lost My Administrator Password

To which "this" are you referring?
    - If you are following the tutorial Bree suggested in the very first reply to your question then what you need to do at each step is explained in detail. So which step are you at?
    - If you are following a different procedure then state what it is and which step you are at. If, for example, you are trying to manually enable the Built-In Admin as suggested in post #11 then that account has no password.

Denis

Thema:

Can not make a new password

1. Can not make a new password - Similar Threads - password

2. Need my password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need my password?: How do I get my forgotten password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-my-password/1ff1ad6b-8b53-4fdb-8a20-ad734e2d164c
  3. Need my password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need my password?: How do I get my forgotten password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-my-password/1ff1ad6b-8b53-4fdb-8a20-ad734e2d164c
  4. how to change my user´s password when there is not a "password" option in sign-in options´?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how to change my user´s password when there is not a "password" option in sign-in options´?: when I scroll down, there is "require Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts", but it will not let me turn it on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-users-password-when-there-is-not/a21dfe76-5243-4800-acd7-f5df10328efa
  5. how to change my user´s password when there is not a "password" option in sign-in options´?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change my user´s password when there is not a "password" option in sign-in options´?: when I scroll down, there is "require Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts", but it will not let me turn it on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-users-password-when-there-is-not/a21dfe76-5243-4800-acd7-f5df10328efa
  6. how to change my user´s password when there is not a "password" option in sign-in options´?

7. i forgot password of my windows 8.1 pro and when i tried to reset pc, it says Insert your...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i forgot password of my windows 8.1 pro and when i tried to reset pc, it says Insert your...: when i tried system image recovery also it asked for password, which of course i forgot.when trying command prompt also it aksed for passwordi recently changed its operating system from 8.1 pro to windows 11 but i dont know how it changed to 8.1 again and it is asking...
  8. i forgot password of my windows 8.1 pro and when i tried to reset pc, it says Insert your...

i forgot password of my windows 8.1 pro and when i tried to reset pc, it says Insert your...: when i tried system image recovery also it asked for password, which of course i forgot.when trying command prompt also it aksed for passwordi recently changed its operating system from 8.1 pro to windows 11 but i dont know how it changed to 8.1 again and it is asking...
  9. Hecker change my origin email and password , I was able to change the password, but I can't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hecker change my origin email and password , I was able to change the password, but I can't...: My Microsoft account was stolen, and the hacker changed the email and password. I managed to change the password through support, but the fraudulent email still remained and I don't have access to it, so I can't change it to the original email or anything else, please help...
  10. Hecker change my origin email and password , I was able to change the password, but I can't...

Hecker change my origin email and password , I was able to change the password, but I can't...: My Microsoft account was stolen, and the hacker changed the email and password. I managed to change the password through support, but the fraudulent email still remained and I don't have access to it, so I can't change it to the original email or anything else, please help...