Windows 10: Can not login to Windows after setting wrong password in DefaultPassword.

Discus and support Can not login to Windows after setting wrong password in DefaultPassword. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HiI have just et up windows to autologin by setting up HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon with AutoAdminLogin =... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jesper Thygesen Thygesen, Oct 5, 2024 at 3:47 AM.

1. Can not login to Windows after setting wrong password in DefaultPassword.

HiI have just et up windows to autologin by setting up HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon with AutoAdminLogin = 1DefaultUsernameDefaultPasswordBut by accident I think I inserted the wrong password. So now I get "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." when i start the computer. Is there any way to resolve this without resetting the PC?

:)

Jesper Thygesen Thygesen, Oct 5, 2024 at 3:47 AM
  2. donnyb Win User

No login password craziness

I just re-installed Win10-64-Home-1909. I do not need a password at login, but am not able to do that. Here is what I have tried so far:
    netplwiz - uncheck user to enter password. Under user name box below that is my MS email account name. Apply. OK
    Reboot. Username and password required. Only MS account/Password gets me in.

Regedit - Under WinLogon/AutoAdmin/Login I entered a 0 in place of the 1. There is no DefaultPassword.
    Reboot. Username and password required. Only MS account/Password gets me in.

What am I doing wrong?

3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Oct 5, 2024 at 4:32 AM
  4. donnyb Win User

Can not login to Windows after setting wrong password in DefaultPassword.

No login password craziness

Brink, that was the missing step. What threw me off was in netplwiz, where it asks about password for my MS account, the user name was not the same as my MS account name. Once I entered the password (twice) I can now login without entering a password. In fact the name that was listed was not the MS account name, but a folder name. The folder is the one that shows when you click on C:\Users.
    Thanks for the help.

Thema:

Can not login to Windows after setting wrong password in DefaultPassword.

1. Can not login to Windows after setting wrong password in DefaultPassword. - Similar Threads - login setting wrong

2. Can not login to Windows after setting wrong password in DefaultPassword.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not login to Windows after setting wrong password in DefaultPassword.: HiI have just et up windows to autologin by setting up HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon with AutoAdminLogin = 1DefaultUsernameDefaultPasswordBut by accident I think I inserted the wrong password. So now I get "The User Profile Service...
  3. Can not login to Windows after setting wrong password in DefaultPassword.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can not login to Windows after setting wrong password in DefaultPassword.: HiI have just et up windows to autologin by setting up HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon with AutoAdminLogin = 1DefaultUsernameDefaultPasswordBut by accident I think I inserted the wrong password. So now I get "The User Profile Service...
  4. Can't Login due to wrong password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Login due to wrong password.: Hi!It's been three days that I've been trying to open the laptop of my co-worker. The main reason is that she forgot her laptop password. Been trying with the best of my knowledge to solve the issues but to no avail. Take note that the user doesn't have any reset password...
  5. Can't Login due to wrong password.

Can't Login due to wrong password.: Hi!It's been three days that I've been trying to open the laptop of my co-worker. The main reason is that she forgot her laptop password. Been trying with the best of my knowledge to solve the issues but to no avail. Take note that the user doesn't have any reset password...
  6. How can set a password in the WINDOWS 10 in my system - instead of wrongly set as HP &...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can set a password in the WINDOWS 10 in my system - instead of wrongly set as HP &...: Dear Sir, I want to reset my Password in the opening of the system as WINDOWS 10. Because my friend when he is clearing the OS in my system & set as HP, new password to open the System. I do not want it. I humble request to me who is 75 yrs old man & do not know the basic...
  7. How can set a password in the WINDOWS 10 in my system - instead of wrongly set as HP &...

How can set a password in the WINDOWS 10 in my system - instead of wrongly set as HP &...: Dear Sir, I want to reset my Password in the opening of the system as WINDOWS 10. Because my friend when he is clearing the OS in my system & set as HP, new password to open the System. I do not want it. I humble request to me who is 75 yrs old man & do not know the basic...
  8. Can't login into Windows (wrong password)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't login into Windows (wrong password): Hello everyone, I woke up being unable to login in to my Windows computer - it sways wrong password, try again. Is there anything I can do to be able to access my windows account again? Thanks, submitted by /u/jayboogie15 [link] [comments]...
  9. Wrong Password when attempt to login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Wrong Password when attempt to login: i cant sign in on my computer. i can sign into to out look and everything but when i try to sign into my account on my computer it says when password is wrong even when i reset it 2 minutes earlier. what is the issue [Original Title: account]...
  10. Unsuccessful Login - Wrong Password - Internet Explorer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unsuccessful Login - Wrong Password - Internet Explorer: Hello, This is more an annoyance than a genuine issue. Out of curiosity, I checked the "view activity" section of security, and several several "unsuccessful attempts to log-in". Looking into it, the IP address these are from is my computer. They are typically a few hours...