Windows 10: Can no longer download word/outlook/PowerPoint ect as its own independent desktop application.

Discus and support Can no longer download word/outlook/PowerPoint ect as its own independent desktop application. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently had to factory reset my computer due to some issues I was having. After doing so I lost the desktop applications for a bunch of my programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by josh jardine, Jun 1, 2024.

1. Can no longer download word/outlook/PowerPoint ect as its own independent desktop application.

I recently had to factory reset my computer due to some issues I was having. After doing so I lost the desktop applications for a bunch of my programs like word, PowerPoint, excel. They aren't in the Microsoft store or anywhere online. Instead I am prompted with ads for office 365. While 365 is fine, I prefer the independent apps. I use these programs for work and have the licenses to use them through my school. how can I get the applications back? Anytime I try to open my docs they open as a pdf in edge ew barf or as a doc in "word pad" which is very dumb and ruins my document format :

:)

josh jardine, Jun 1, 2024
  2. KelZE Win User

Windows 10 Start Button not working and previously used programmes like Microsoft Outlook, Word and Powerpoint have disappeared

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 last year and carried through established apps like MicrosoftOutlook, Word and Powerpoint.

Suddenly my left-click start up button no longer works to bring up the list of such apps, which have completely disappeared.

After going through Troubleshooting steps these applications are among those listed as no longer compatible After bringing them back up through the Test procedure their settings have not been retained. How can I get them back on my desktop?

KelZE, Jun 1, 2024
  3. katPHish Win User
    Office Word and Powerpoint no longer displaying pictures correctly.

It was suggested I post to the Win10 group.

We upgraded to WIn10 and shortly after our Office 2013 quit working with images. I did a repair and still no go. I had the option to install 2019 so that is what we did. However, even there the issue occurred. Even had some other odd issues after install.

We tried steps suggested to my post in the Word/Office group, but no luck.

See the info here:

Redirecting

Not sure if the above will work so here it is her JIC:

Link

TIA!

katPHish, Jun 1, 2024
  4. PGR
    PGR Win User

Can no longer download word/outlook/PowerPoint ect as its own independent desktop application.

outlook opens word?

If you use a version of Outlook prior to v. 2007, there's a checkbox in one of the preferences tabs which controls this. You can choose Word or Outlook Editor.

V. 2007 no longer includes Outlook Editor, though. It has it's own 'light' verson of Word 2007 built in.

Pete

Thema:

Can no longer download word/outlook/PowerPoint ect as its own independent desktop application.

1. Can no longer download word/outlook/PowerPoint ect as its own independent desktop application. - Similar Threads - longer download word

2. Can no longer download word/outlook/PowerPoint ect as its own independent desktop application.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can no longer download word/outlook/PowerPoint ect as its own independent desktop application.: I recently had to factory reset my computer due to some issues I was having. After doing so I lost the desktop applications for a bunch of my programs like word, PowerPoint, excel. They aren't in the Microsoft store or anywhere online. Instead I am prompted with ads for...
  3. Can we make fonts darker in Explorer, MS Word, PowerPoint or even Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can we make fonts darker in Explorer, MS Word, PowerPoint or even Outlook: Please refer three screen shots 1. Explorer2. MS PowerPoint3. MS OutlookI want to know if it is possible to darker the fonts or should I say to darker theme. I need to make a little bit darker if possible.Any help in this regard will be appreciated.Thank you...
  4. ALT codes now duplicate in Word, Outlook & PowerPoint.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALT codes now duplicate in Word, Outlook & PowerPoint.: No matter what you press, any ALT code selected duplicates. For example, if I type ALT 130, é returns; however, the moment I press any key on the keyboard, another é appears, followed by what I type. I've tried multiple ALT codes, checked proofing and keyboard settings,...
  5. ALT codes now duplicate in Word, Outlook & PowerPoint.

ALT codes now duplicate in Word, Outlook & PowerPoint.: No matter what you press, any ALT code selected duplicates. For example, if I type ALT 130, é returns; however, the moment I press any key on the keyboard, another é appears, followed by what I type. I've tried multiple ALT codes, checked proofing and keyboard settings,...
  6. Why have all of my applications excel, word, powerpoint and outlook stopped working in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why have all of my applications excel, word, powerpoint and outlook stopped working in the...: Why have all of my applications excel, word, powerpoint and outlook stopped working in the last week? Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-have-all-of-my-applications-excel-word/9b878bcc-e54a-49f7-89a6-5ca61a4b1722
  7. Why have all of my applications excel, word, powerpoint and outlook stopped working in the...

Why have all of my applications excel, word, powerpoint and outlook stopped working in the...: Why have all of my applications excel, word, powerpoint and outlook stopped working in the last week? Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-have-all-of-my-applications-excel-word/9b878bcc-e54a-49f7-89a6-5ca61a4b1722
  8. Why have all of my applications excel, word, powerpoint and outlook stopped working in the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Word and PowerPoint no longer displaying images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word and PowerPoint no longer displaying images: I hope somebody can help me. I have just lost 15 years of handouts in the form of Word and Powerpoints, which no longer display images when they are clicked on. I can also no longer paste any image into Word, I can copy it but when I paste it I get what appears to be the...
  10. Office Word and Powerpoint no longer displaying pictures correctly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Office Word and Powerpoint no longer displaying pictures correctly.: It was suggested I post to the Win10 group. We upgraded to WIn10 and shortly after our Office 2013 quit working with images. I did a repair and still no go. I had the option to install 2019 so that is what we did. However, even there the issue occurred. Even had some...