Windows 10: Can no longer access WD MyBookLive through "This PC" on Windows 10.

Discus and support Can no longer access WD MyBookLive through "This PC" on Windows 10. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since the latest major Windows 10 update, I can no longer access my Western Digital MyBookLive through "This PC". There are also other problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SAGB - MCET, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Can no longer access WD MyBookLive through "This PC" on Windows 10.

Since the latest major Windows 10 update, I can no longer access my Western Digital MyBookLive through "This PC". There are also other problems associated with this issue.

I can create "Network Locations" to the shared folders but there are file size restrictions when using this method. I can no longer copy back any stored ISO images from the drive and get an error saying the file is too large.

I can no longer mount ISO images from my "MyBookLive" of my software installation disks.

I am very frustrated and am considering going back to the old Creators Edition of Windows 10.

How can I fix these problems?

Can no longer access WD MyBookLive through "This PC" on Windows 10. 9d472170-d076-49ac-b736-9f7ca2936bdb?upload=true.png

Can no longer access WD MyBookLive through "This PC" on Windows 10. cd6545d3-6a07-403a-a73c-df13f673a9f5?upload=true.png

Can no longer access WD MyBookLive through "This PC" on Windows 10. 6fe6964b-80e8-4718-bfc0-c3311bf3d593?upload=true.png

:)

SAGB - MCET, Feb 9, 2020

2. No longer can access folder off of WD Network Drive

I mistakenly changed the security settings for a specific folder on my WD LiveBook network drive through windows explorer by right clicking on the folder, going to security tab and removing all groups / users attached to the folder. Now I can no longer
    access the drive no matter what I try. I get the following error:

Network Error

Windows cannot access \\MYBOOKLIVE\Folder_Name

You do not have permission to access \\MYBOOKLIVE\Folder_Name. Contact your network administrator to request access.

For more information about permissions, see Windows Help and Support.

I have go back to the folder and tried to re-establish user rights to the folder through the security tab, but the security tab no longer shows up, or if is does, states I do not have permission to add users. I have also gone out to the WD live Access
    and changed the security setting there to be completely open. Still no luck. 3 hrs on the phone with Microsoft and not dice. Help!

HeathSchmid, Feb 9, 2020
  3. After the last major Windows 10 update, my computer can no longer access MyBookLive NAS.

After the last major Windows 10 update, my computer stopped being able to access my Western Digital MyBookLive NAS.

I can create network location links under "This PC" as long as I specify a specific folder on the MyBookLive, but I can no longer access the main folder location of "\\MyBookLive\".

I checked my settings under "Turn Windows Features on or off" and the SMB settings were disabled after the update. I turned them back on, and no difference, it still will not access anything on the NAS without creating links to specific folders and entering
    a user name and password. I did not have to do that before.

What can I do to fix this?

This is the error I get:

---------------

Windows cannot access \\MyBookLive\

Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. To Try to identify and resolve network problems, click Diagnose.

---------------

Issue found

The remote device or resource won't accept the connection.

Contact your network administrator

--------------

The device or resource (MyBookLive) is not set up to accept connections on port "The File and printer sharing (SMB)".

SAGB - MCET, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Can no longer access WD MyBookLive through "This PC" on Windows 10.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Can no longer access WD MyBookLive through "This PC" on Windows 10.

1. Can no longer access WD MyBookLive through "This PC" on Windows 10. - Similar Threads - longer access MyBookLive

2. Can no longer access Yahoo Mail through Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can no longer access Yahoo Mail through Outlook 365: I'm having trouble connecting to my Yahoo Mail account using Microsoft Office 365. Everything was working perfectly until Windows 10 did an update. Now I keep getting an Outlook send/receive error 0x800CCC0e and cannot connect. I have tried researching this and tried a few...
  3. Can no longer access Yahoo Mail through Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can no longer access Yahoo Mail through Outlook 365: I'm having trouble connecting to my Yahoo Mail account using Microsoft Office 365. Everything was working perfectly until Windows 10 did an update. Now I keep getting an Outlook send/receive error 0x800CCC0e and cannot connect. I have tried researching this and tried a few...
  4. Windows 11 no longer can access Windows 10 Network PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 no longer can access Windows 10 Network PC: I have no idea what I had done, my laptop running win11 Home, I call this system JGT-Lenovo can no longer access drives on my desktop running Win10 Pro.I recently purchased a new laptop and setup network access to drives that were shared on my desktop I call this system S4....
  5. Windows 11 no longer can access Windows 10 Network PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 no longer can access Windows 10 Network PC: I have no idea what I had done, my laptop running win11 Home, I call this system JGT-Lenovo can no longer access drives on my desktop running Win10 Pro.I recently purchased a new laptop and setup network access to drives that were shared on my desktop I call this system S4....
  6. WD My Book Live NAS is no longer accessible in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WD My Book Live NAS is no longer accessible in Windows 10: I have a WD My Book Live that I have used for backing up my Windows 10 desktop and laptop. The NAS is no longer accessible in explorer, or in any of my backup software. When I attempt to open the My Book Live, a browser window opens with the drive's login page and then the...
  7. After the last major Windows 10 update, my computer can no longer access MyBookLive NAS.

After the last major Windows 10 update, my computer can no longer access MyBookLive NAS.: After the last major Windows 10 update, my computer stopped being able to access my Western Digital MyBookLive NAS. I can create network location links under "This PC" as long as I specify a specific folder on the MyBookLive, but I can no longer access the main folder...
  8. Windows 10 can no longer access hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 can no longer access hard drive: Hi all, After a reboot yesterday, the system wants to do a scan & repair of hard drive D on start up. After waiting several hours, it does not progress past 1% complete. I am able to cancel it and log in as normal but performance very slow. I can still see drive D in...
  9. Windows 7 notebook PC can no longer see Windows 10 desktop PC through the network

Windows 7 notebook PC can no longer see Windows 10 desktop PC through the network: Windows 10 Pro update; Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 I installed this Windows 10 update when it became available a couple of days ago and now have the following problems: While on my Windows 10 desktop PC I can see my Windows 7 notebook PC over the network, I cannot see...
  10. can no longer access my Windows 10 account...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    can no longer access my Windows 10 account...: A couple of days ago I posted regarding eliminating a user profile if the files it contained were shared by another profile (Are shared documents and files removed from PC if one account deleted? - Windows 10 Forums) Yesterday I deleted the account C:\Users\Person A....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WD mybook not connecting

2. how to access mybooklive from pc

3. wd mybooklive remote access issue

4. remote access to mybooklive has been disabled,
  5. windows cannot discover my mybooklive