Windows 10: Can i upgrade Windows 10 education to windows 11 Home or Pro?

Discus and support Can i upgrade Windows 10 education to windows 11 Home or Pro? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can i upgrade Windows 10 education to windows 11 Home or Pro without losing my programs and Data?I dont want to have to lose all my data and programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ryan Lutz, Nov 18, 2023.

1. Ryan Lutz Win User

Can i upgrade Windows 10 education to windows 11 Home or Pro?

Can i upgrade Windows 10 education to windows 11 Home or Pro without losing my programs and Data?I dont want to have to lose all my data and programs to switch to Windows 10 Home or Pro so will it all keep if i upgrade instead of downgrade?

:)

Ryan Lutz, Nov 18, 2023
  2. Kari Win User

Windows 10 Education Pro

I've not had an opportunity to test Pro Education edition yet but I am running normal Education on a Hyper-V virtual machine and on dual boot with Pro on a laptop. Basically Education is exactly as Enterprise, meant for domain or Azure AD use. Main differences when compared to Pro are missing Cortana and no possibility to use Microsoft account as initial user account when setting up Windows, although when selecting initial user as local domain user a normal local account will be created which can then be switched to a Microsoft account instead of joining a domain.

Native Windows apps in Windows 10 Education edition are the same than in Pro edition, Cortana being the only exception.

If you already have setup Windows 10 Pro on your machines with a customised image I can see no benefits in doing the job again deploying an almost similar OS. This is of course only my personal subjective opinion based on what I know at the moment; I have no knowledge or insight about what additional features (see highlighted part in quote below) Pro Education might be and if they would be reason enough to upgrade to Pro Education.

Quote from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...tion-customers:

3. How can I convert Windows 10 Pro Education to Pro OEM?

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Is Windows 10 Pro Education Pre-installed on your computer?
    • Have you upgraded your computer from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Education? If so, do you still have the product key for Windows 10 Pro?
    Meanwhile, you may refer to the steps under Roll back Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro section of this
    article.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Nov 18, 2023
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 18, 2023
Thema:

1. Can i upgrade Windows 10 education to windows 11 Home or Pro? - Similar Threads - upgrade education Home

2. How can I Upgrade Windows 11 Pro to Windows 11 Pro Education?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I Upgrade Windows 11 Pro to Windows 11 Pro Education?: Hello. Is there any documentation regarding upgradation of Windows 11 pro to Windows 11 Pro Education? We have Microsoft 365 A1 for Device licenses, and it is mentioned in the feature list that, "Microsoft 365 A1 for devices includes the right to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro...
  3. How can I Upgrade Windows 11 Pro to Windows 11 Pro Education?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I Upgrade Windows 11 Pro to Windows 11 Pro Education?: Hello. Is there any documentation regarding upgradation of Windows 11 pro to Windows 11 Pro Education? We have Microsoft 365 A1 for Device licenses, and it is mentioned in the feature list that, "Microsoft 365 A1 for devices includes the right to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro...
  4. Can i upgrade Windows 10 education to windows 11 Home or Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i upgrade Windows 10 education to windows 11 Home or Pro?: Can i upgrade Windows 10 education to windows 11 Home or Pro without losing my programs and Data?I dont want to have to lose all my data and programs to switch to Windows 10 Home or Pro so will it all keep if i upgrade instead of downgrade?...
  5. Can i upgrade Windows 10 education to windows 11 Home or Pro?

Can i upgrade Windows 10 education to windows 11 Home or Pro?: Can i upgrade Windows 10 education to windows 11 Home or Pro without losing my programs and Data?I dont want to have to lose all my data and programs to switch to Windows 10 Home or Pro so will it all keep if i upgrade instead of downgrade?...
  6. Windows 11 home to education upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 home to education upgrade: Dear community members,I have a Windows 11 home notebook and wanted to install the Windows 11 Education version, which we received from our school.After installation of this version without any issues in Windows, the PC tries to boot the system but it can not.After that, the...
  7. Windows 11 home to education upgrade

Windows 11 home to education upgrade: Dear community members,I have a Windows 11 home notebook and wanted to install the Windows 11 Education version, which we received from our school.After installation of this version without any issues in Windows, the PC tries to boot the system but it can not.After that, the...
  8. Can I move from Windows 11 Education to Home or Pro

Can I move from Windows 11 Education to Home or Pro: A while ago I built myself a new computer and was able to get Windows 10 Education for free. At the time it seemed that I was able to login with my Microsoft account. Unfortunately my hard disk died and I had to reinstall Windows. At the time I moved to a different...
  9. Can I move from Windows 11 Education to Home or Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I move from Windows 11 Education to Home or Pro: A while ago I built myself a new computer and was able to get Windows 10 Education for free. At the time it seemed that I was able to login with my Microsoft account. Unfortunately my hard disk died and I had to reinstall Windows. At the time I moved to a different...
  10. Windows 10 Education to Windows 10 Home/Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Education to Windows 10 Home/Pro: I currently have Windows 10 Education installed on my computer. Is there an easy way to legally switch to Windows 10 Home or Pro without buying a new product key?...