Windows 10: Can I replace a deleted file in the WindowsApps folder?

Discus and support Can I replace a deleted file in the WindowsApps folder? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've looked online and haven't found a relatively straight-forward answer on this. I recently upgraded the CPU and motherboard on my desktop and after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ElijahMcKay, Aug 4, 2023.

1. Can I replace a deleted file in the WindowsApps folder?

I've looked online and haven't found a relatively straight-forward answer on this. I recently upgraded the CPU and motherboard on my desktop and after migrating my drives, some of my Windows apps were missing icons in the search bar. I managed to fix this, however the calendar app was still missing it's icon. Eventually, I deleted the "hxcalendarappimm.exe" file associated with the "Mail & Calendar" app, hoping I could replace the file with a PowerShell command. Long story short, this didn't work..So now, I have everything else fixed, but my Calendar app is still missing the icon and now i

:)

ElijahMcKay, Aug 4, 2023
  2. S.cloris Win User

WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Aug 4, 2023
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Can I replace a deleted file in the WindowsApps folder? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Can I replace a deleted file in the WindowsApps folder? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Aug 4, 2023
  4. Can I replace a deleted file in the WindowsApps folder?

Trying to delete files in WindowsApps and it wants permission from "Administrators"

Hi Greg,

Thank you for getting involved.

I have checked that I am an Administrator. Using your steps, I am listed as Administrator under the Account name and email address.

I have also used the registry script on the linked site and used the shortcut to take ownership of the WindowsApps folder. Unfortunately this has not solved the issues. I then also tried the same shortcut on several folders within WindowsApps so that it was performed closer to the target files, without any luck.

Other suggestions would be most welcome. Thank you.

MattHazelton, Aug 4, 2023
Thema:

Can I replace a deleted file in the WindowsApps folder?

1. Can I replace a deleted file in the WindowsApps folder? - Similar Threads - replace deleted file

2. How can I delete the WindowsApps file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I delete the WindowsApps file?: I bought a new computer with one SSD. About my old computer, it had 1 SSD originallythe system drive, but I add another one as the apps drive. Now, I move the old apps drive SSD from my old computer to the new computer. I found in the old apps drive SSD it has a file called...
  3. Can I replace a deleted file in the WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I replace a deleted file in the WindowsApps folder?: I've looked online and haven't found a relatively straight-forward answer on this. I recently upgraded the CPU and motherboard on my desktop and after migrating my drives, some of my Windows apps were missing icons in the search bar. I managed to fix this, however the...
  4. Can i delete "WindowsApps" folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can i delete "WindowsApps" folder?: I recently installed an SSD to expand my space, and now I got this folder called "WindowsApps" and I wanna delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-windowsapps-folder/8330a887-bf39-418c-809c-3f74c0c94a1d
  5. Can i delete "WindowsApps" folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i delete "WindowsApps" folder?: I recently installed an SSD to expand my space, and now I got this folder called "WindowsApps" and I wanna delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-windowsapps-folder/8330a887-bf39-418c-809c-3f74c0c94a1d
  6. Can i delete "WindowsApps" folder?

7. Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files: Hello there I have some old data in other drives of windows where I had installed xbox games and I think that's what has created that folder. Even though the games are no longer there I can't see to detete those files. I have assigned all permissions but some big files are...
  8. Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files

Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files: Hello there I have some old data in other drives of windows where I had installed xbox games and I think that's what has created that folder. Even though the games are no longer there I can't see to detete those files. I have assigned all permissions but some big files are...
  9. Deleting individual files in WindowsApps Folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting individual files in WindowsApps Folder: Hey guys, I need to delete certain files in the WindowsApps folder. Ive changed permissions to be able to modify/delete the actual WindowsApps Folder (I want to delete certain files in the WindowsApp folder not the actual folder itself) through permissions but even though I...
  10. Can I replace inadvertently deleted folders from the WindowsApp folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I replace inadvertently deleted folders from the WindowsApp folder?: Some apps are not launching after I inadvertently deleted some folders from the WindowsApp folder C:\Program Files\WindowsApps C[:/ Note: I do not know the exact folders that were deleted. Does anyone know how to fix the above problem or the below errors? Thank you....