Windows 10: Can I make a Win 10 recovery USB stick from my Win 11 laptop?

Discus and support Can I make a Win 10 recovery USB stick from my Win 11 laptop? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I came home from a trip to find my desktop Win10 computer would not boot up properly. I'm getting error code 0xc0000225. I did some searching and found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Linda Au Parker, Oct 6, 2024 at 11:42 PM.

1. Can I make a Win 10 recovery USB stick from my Win 11 laptop?

I came home from a trip to find my desktop Win10 computer would not boot up properly. I'm getting error code 0xc0000225. I did some searching and found various options and tried them all. I am still getting messages as I go through the repair options that each option cannot be completed even wiping the C: drive with a fresh installation ["fully clean"] from the recovery USB drive I made. It could not repair, restore, etc. None of the Troubleshoot options onscreen worked. "There was a problem recovering your PC..." System restore did not work. Uninstalling updates did not work. "There was a p

:)

Linda Au Parker, Oct 6, 2024 at 11:42 PM
  2. Chun P Yu Win User

Win 10 recovery drive from laptop upgraded from Win 8.1

Hi,

I did a free upgrade of my laptop to Win 10 Home from Win 8.1 3 years ago and would like to replace its HDD with a SSD. To do this, I used the laptop to create a Recovery Drive on a USB stick so I can install Win 10 Home from the stick after installing
    the SSD.

However, the Recovery Drive USB that was created installed Win 8.1 instead of Win 10 Home on the SSD. How can I create a Recovery Drive USB that installs Win 10 Home?

Or are there other options to do a fresh install of Win 10 Home on the SSD that don't involve buying a new license of Win 10 Home?

Thanks.

3. Win 10 recovery drive from laptop upgraded from Win 8.1

TerryRoberts2, Oct 6, 2024 at 11:51 PM
  4. Can I make a Win 10 recovery USB stick from my Win 11 laptop?

Win 10 install, does not boot with USB win 10 stick

My PC using Win XP, does not boot from Win 10 USB stick. I enter into Bios, change to boot from Win 10 USB stick, save and exit. PC continues to boot in Win XP.

David Shimada, Oct 6, 2024 at 11:51 PM
Thema:

Can I make a Win 10 recovery USB stick from my Win 11 laptop?

1. Can I make a Win 10 recovery USB stick from my Win 11 laptop? - Similar Threads - recovery USB stick

2. Can I make a Win 10 recovery USB stick from my Win 11 laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I make a Win 10 recovery USB stick from my Win 11 laptop?: I came home from a trip to find my desktop Win10 computer would not boot up properly. I'm getting error code 0xc0000225. I did some searching and found various options and tried them all. I am still getting messages as I go through the repair options that each option cannot...
  3. Can I make a Win 10 recovery USB stick from my Win 11 laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I make a Win 10 recovery USB stick from my Win 11 laptop?: I came home from a trip to find my desktop Win10 computer would not boot up properly. I'm getting error code 0xc0000225. I did some searching and found various options and tried them all. I am still getting messages as I go through the repair options that each option cannot...
  4. I have a Win 11 laptop and a Win 10 laptop. I can access the Win 11 from the Win 10 thru...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a Win 11 laptop and a Win 10 laptop. I can access the Win 11 from the Win 10 thru...: I have a Win 11 laptop and a Win 10 laptop. I can access the Win 11 from the Win 10 thru the network. I can't go the other way. I see the Win 10 laptop but get a Cannot access message. Any ideas?...
  5. I have a Win 11 laptop and a Win 10 laptop. I can access the Win 11 from the Win 10 thru...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a Win 11 laptop and a Win 10 laptop. I can access the Win 11 from the Win 10 thru...: I have a Win 11 laptop and a Win 10 laptop. I can access the Win 11 from the Win 10 thru the network. I can't go the other way. I see the Win 10 laptop but get a Cannot access message. Any ideas?...
  6. Can I make Win-11 look like Win-10 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I make Win-11 look like Win-10 ?: Hi, I just installed Win-11-Pro and I find it hard to work with. Is there any way to get the menus to look like Win-10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-make-win-11-look-like-win-10/be376f34-f3f7-4d6b-bdf3-89455a3c145a
  7. Can I make Win-11 look like Win-10 ?

Can I make Win-11 look like Win-10 ?: Hi, I just installed Win-11-Pro and I find it hard to work with. Is there any way to get the menus to look like Win-10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-make-win-11-look-like-win-10/be376f34-f3f7-4d6b-bdf3-89455a3c145a
  8. Can I create a Win 11 Pro recovery DVD for a desktop from a Win 11 Home laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I create a Win 11 Pro recovery DVD for a desktop from a Win 11 Home laptop?: My Dell Desktop was running Win 11 Pro when it took a power hit and refuses to reboot correctly. I have tried the usual pwr down 3 times and still will not complete the reboot. When I upgraded to Win 11 Pro, I did not make a recovery drive. I would prefer not to do a...
  9. Can I create a Win 11 Pro recovery DVD for a desktop from a Win 11 Home laptop?

Can I create a Win 11 Pro recovery DVD for a desktop from a Win 11 Home laptop?: My Dell Desktop was running Win 11 Pro when it took a power hit and refuses to reboot correctly. I have tried the usual pwr down 3 times and still will not complete the reboot. When I upgraded to Win 11 Pro, I did not make a recovery drive. I would prefer not to do a...
  10. win 10 usb stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 usb stick: Bought the win 10 usb stick from microsoft to upgrade fro 7 to 10.Inserted usb stick, and computer recognizws it,but when I right click on setup, then run as administrator,I get the spinning busy icon and nothing happens.Can someone be of assistance?Thanks....