Windows 10: Can I disable the screen saver going to the laptop screen in a multi-monitor setup?

Discus and support Can I disable the screen saver going to the laptop screen in a multi-monitor setup? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is not an important issue at all, but strangely annoying. I have a quad monitor setup driving off of a docking station plugged into my laptop with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DS12434, Jun 30, 2024 at 11:52 PM.

1. DS12434 Win User

Can I disable the screen saver going to the laptop screen in a multi-monitor setup?

This is not an important issue at all, but strangely annoying. I have a quad monitor setup driving off of a docking station plugged into my laptop with the lid closed normally.When the screen saver kicks on, 1 of the 4 monitors is stays on every time. I eventually found that Windows 11 is trying to send the screen saver to the laptop display whether the lid is down or not AND even if the laptop is marked as disconnected when the lid is open.It seems like the screen savers are hard coded to go to screen 1 no matter what and also has a max of 4 screens.I have tried all of the screen savers, trie

:)

2. Palcouk Win User

Screen Saver on multi-monitor setup for Windows 11

Screen savers are fine here under win11 with multi monitors

Reviewed Display settings?

3. Dual monitor screen saver

My setup is a laptop and an external screen, I would like to have a screen saver on both monitors, when on the lock screen the same as what I see on the main monitor if that is possible.

I'm on Windows 11, and I've noticed on videos I watch on Youtube that they are able to have screen savers on both screens.

Thank you in advance.

4. Alden Rey Win User

Can I disable the screen saver going to the laptop screen in a multi-monitor setup?

Screen saver locks my laptop

Hi Stephen,

Colorful and animated screensavers look good to the eye and sometimes give you a feeling of freshness and fill you with enthusiasm. Back in the 90s and 2000s, they were in abundance and the beautifully animated ones were a craze. Back then, they were necessary
    too, because of the CRT monitors. But as we moved towards LCD monitors, are the screensavers are activated for security purposes mainly.

There are steps that you can change to refrain your computer from activating the screen saver. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Go to Personalization.
    • Go to Lock screen.
    • Look and click for Screen Saver Settings at the buttom of the page.
    • Change the Screen saver drop down box to None
    • Click Ok.

For any other concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Thema:

1. Can I disable the screen saver going to the laptop screen in a multi-monitor setup? - Similar Threads - disable screen saver

2. Can I disable the screen saver going to the laptop screen in a multi-monitor setup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I disable the screen saver going to the laptop screen in a multi-monitor setup?: This is not an important issue at all, but strangely annoying. I have a quad monitor setup driving off of a docking station plugged into my laptop with the lid closed normally.When the screen saver kicks on, 1 of the 4 monitors is stays on every time. I eventually found that...
  3. Screen Saver on multi-monitor setup for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Saver on multi-monitor setup for Windows 11: I have multiple monitors and docking station. There are two separate systems running on the docking station controlled by a switch. One system is Window 10 Enterprise, the other is Windows 11 Home. Yes, I need to upgrade to Pro I also have an older Windows 10 Home system I...
  4. Screen Saver on multi-monitor setup for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Saver on multi-monitor setup for Windows 11: I have multiple monitors and docking station. There are two separate systems running on the docking station controlled by a switch. One system is Window 10 Enterprise, the other is Windows 11 Home. Yes, I need to upgrade to Pro I also have an older Windows 10 Home system I...
  5. Duplicate a screen saver on both screen of an extended dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate a screen saver on both screen of an extended dual monitor setup: I'm currently using an Alienware r17 laptop and have a second monitor hooked up via HDMI. I'm using them in the "extend display" setting and want to keep it that way, however whenever the screensaver comes on I noticed that my second monitor just shows a blue screen while my...
  6. Duplicate a screen saver on both screen of an extended dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate a screen saver on both screen of an extended dual monitor setup: I'm currently using an Alienware r17 laptop and have a second monitor hooked up via HDMI. I'm using them in the "extend display" setting and want to keep it that way, however whenever the screensaver comes on I noticed that my second monitor just shows a blue screen while my...
  7. Duplicate a screen saver on both screen of an extended dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. screen saver disabled

screen saver disabled: I've checked many times screen saver and power settings; screen saver is set to start at 4 minutes idle, and screen is set to turn off at 10 minutes idle while on battery and 15 when connected. I've also tried to check if there is any program that prevents screen saver to...
  9. Multi-Monitor Setup using Laptop

Multi-Monitor Setup using Laptop: Hello, I want to connect my Lenovo laptop to TWO Dell monitors, so that will be 3 screens in total including the laptops screen. However I only need the laptop to act as a PC, I don't need its screen. As my Lenovo laptop only has a single HDMI output I purchased a Techole...
  10. setup a screen saver slideshow

setup a screen saver slideshow: I am using the April 2018 upgrade to Windows 10 and have lost my slideshow. How can I set up a new one????? Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/setup-a-screen-saver-slideshow/56616909-4878-4232-b5f9-9864d5ca3b18