Windows 10: Can I delete the Gmail APP from my laptop without devastating results?

Discus and support Can I delete the Gmail APP from my laptop without devastating results? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I bought this laptop last August - HP Stream Laptop, 14" HD Display, Intel Celeron N4120 Processor, 16GB Memory, 320GB Storage 64GB eMMC + 256GB Card.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mary Johnson5, Jul 7, 2024.

1. Can I delete the Gmail APP from my laptop without devastating results?

I bought this laptop last August - HP Stream Laptop, 14" HD Display, Intel Celeron N4120 Processor, 16GB Memory, 320GB Storage 64GB eMMC + 256GB Card. My dad was sick and I was on my way to Florida to help my stepmom take care of him. This was what I could afford after plane tickets, etc. I needed it to be able to work while I was down there. He ended up passing and I was there for a month. No sympathy needed. He lived a great life, did everything he wanted to in life and left this world with no regrets. He traveled the world, served his country, was married to the love of his life and did

:)

Mary Johnson5, Jul 7, 2024
  2. itsme1 Win User
    itsme1, Jul 7, 2024
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Mail app keeps deleting the Gmail account

Hi Pratik,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue could be because of the corrupt credential cache stored within the app. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for you.

• If you’re logged in to the Mail app, logout of your Gmail account from the app and delete the same. Refer to the article

Delete an email account from Mail and Calendar apps
      for the same.
    • Open Settings and go to Accounts > Email and app accounts.
      Click on Manage under your Gmail account and choose
      Remove.
    • Exit Settings.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose Windows PowerShell (admin).
    • Copy paste the following command and hit Enter: Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Wait for the command to run its course and reboot the machine.
    • Launch Microsoft Store and search for Mail and Calendar
      app to install the fresh version of the app.
    • Once the app is installed, search for the app from the Start menu, and set-up your Gmail account. Refer to the article

Set up email in the Mail app for Windows 10
      for the same.
    • Exit Mail app and re-launch the same to see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 7, 2024
  4. Can I delete the Gmail APP from my laptop without devastating results?

Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are trying to add Yahoo/Gmail email account in Mail app.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of Mail app installed?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that helps.

Steps to add Yahoo email in Mail app.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.
    2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box
    3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.
    4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2

Steps to add Gmail email in Mail app

Step 1: Connect your Google account to PC

1. Go to the Security section of your Google account
    2. Under Connected
      apps
      and sites, go to Apps
      connected to your account
    3. Make sure that Windows is on the list

Step 2: Enable IMAP on your Google account

1. Sign in to Gmail
    2. Click the gear in the top right
    3. Select Settings
    4. Click Forwarding
      and POP/IMAP

5. Select Enable IMAP
    6. Click Save Changes

Step 3: Add Gmail account.

1. Open Mail app.
    2. Click on the gear icon to open settings.
    3. Click on Manage account.
    4. Click on Add account.
    5. Now select Google and check if you are able to add the account.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 7, 2024
Thema:

Can I delete the Gmail APP from my laptop without devastating results?

1. Can I delete the Gmail APP from my laptop without devastating results? - Similar Threads - delete Gmail APP

2. Can I delete the Gmail APP from my laptop without devastating results?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete the Gmail APP from my laptop without devastating results?: I bought this laptop last August - HP Stream Laptop, 14" HD Display, Intel Celeron N4120 Processor, 16GB Memory, 320GB Storage 64GB eMMC + 256GB Card. My dad was sick and I was on my way to Florida to help my stepmom take care of him. This was what I could afford after plane...
  3. How do I delete files from my Laptop without the deleting from my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete files from my Laptop without the deleting from my PC: I recently bought a laptop for school, and synced my one drive but now all my apps on on my laptops home page. Just wondering how I can remove those apps without losing them on my gaming PC...
  4. How do I delete files from my Laptop without the deleting from my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete files from my Laptop without the deleting from my PC: I recently bought a laptop for school, and synced my one drive but now all my apps on on my laptops home page. Just wondering how I can remove those apps without losing them on my gaming PC...
  5. How can i delete language from my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i delete language from my laptop?: Hi, about 2 years ago i bought a HP laptop in Milano. Now this laptop working on oficial Windows 11 Home after updete from box. But i have a problem with languages, in the taskbar i can choose Italian , English and Ukrainian. But when i trying to delete Italian from my laptop...
  6. How can i delete language from my laptop?

How can i delete language from my laptop?: Hi, about 2 years ago i bought a HP laptop in Milano. Now this laptop working on oficial Windows 11 Home after updete from box. But i have a problem with languages, in the taskbar i can choose Italian , English and Ukrainian. But when i trying to delete Italian from my laptop...
  7. What MS apps can I delete from my Win10 laptop?

What MS apps can I delete from my Win10 laptop?: I would like to delete some apps and there are lots of apps termed "MSVisual C++" with dates going back to 2008 and through 2017. Are these necessary?...
  8. how do i remove an app from my desktop without deleting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i remove an app from my desktop without deleting: Please tell me how i can remove an app from my desktop without deleting it thanks submitted by /u/Misterboidoi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mdt0rf/how_do_i_remove_an_app_from_my_desktop_without/
  9. can i reinstall a microsoft store app without deleting it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can i reinstall a microsoft store app without deleting it?: i want to reinstall an app which is quite large in size like 5gb..if i uninstall and then install from the store..i'll have to redownload it..is there a way i can reinstall it without deleting its data so i dont have to download it again..if there isnt, dont you think there...
  10. Delete gmail account from Mail app.

Delete gmail account from Mail app.: When setting up a new email address on Mail for Windows 10, I accidentally put in an unintendeed email gmail address. I would like to delete it, but can't see an option for this. Can someone help please?...