Windows 10: Can i delete my main windows account?

Discus and support Can i delete my main windows account? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So here my problem , when i first got my computer the performance was great and all but i realised that the account was slow in the meantime so i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Samy Kada, Feb 9, 2024.

1. Samy Kada Win User

Can i delete my main windows account?

So here my problem , when i first got my computer the performance was great and all but i realised that the account was slow in the meantime so i created an new account but didnt seems any greater so here my question : Can i delete my first account admin

:)

Samy Kada, Feb 9, 2024
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Can i delete my main windows account? :(

Zakin, Feb 9, 2024
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Feb 9, 2024
  4. Can i delete my main windows account?

Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Feb 9, 2024
Thema:

Can i delete my main windows account?

1. Can i delete my main windows account? - Similar Threads - delete main account

2. If I delete my main account in which the digital license is linked to the main account,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I delete my main account in which the digital license is linked to the main account,...: Because of storage purposes, I need to delete my main account to free some space, but then hesitated because of my license. If I delete my main account in which the digital license is linked to the main account, will my license be gone? Also, how can I tell if the license is...
  3. If I delete my main account in which the digital license is linked to the main account,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I delete my main account in which the digital license is linked to the main account,...: Because of storage purposes, I need to delete my main account to free some space, but then hesitated because of my license. If I delete my main account in which the digital license is linked to the main account, will my license be gone? Also, how can I tell if the license is...
  4. Can i delete my main windows account?

Can i delete my main windows account?: So here my problem , when i first got my computer the performance was great and all but i realised that the account was slow in the meantime so i created an new account but didnt seems any greater so here my question : Can i delete my first account admin...
  5. Can i delete my main windows account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can i delete my main windows account?: So here my problem , when i first got my computer the performance was great and all but i realised that the account was slow in the meantime so i created an new account but didnt seems any greater so here my question : Can i delete my first account admin...
  6. I need help to delete my main account.

I need help to delete my main account.: My main administrator account is complete full of storage used so i created a new account but when i play video games on my new account i get low amount of fps. iv tried everything but it says i have no permission. Please help....
  7. I need help to delete my main account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need help to delete my main account.: My main administrator account is complete full of storage used so i created a new account but when i play video games on my new account i get low amount of fps. iv tried everything but it says i have no permission. Please help....
  8. I need help to delete my main account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. I can't change my microsoft account, I can only delete the main one, but I need to delete...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change my microsoft account, I can only delete the main one, but I need to delete...: I highlighted in red the account I need to switch to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-microsoft-account-i-can-only/9097d416-ec77-4800-8d6a-dfb4273d26c7
  10. Delete Main Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Delete Main Account: hello,i got a new device, and set it up with a temporary account while i recovered my old one. now, i finally have my other account set up as admin. i no longer want the other account, but the system wont let me delete it or remove it. i want it gone as soon as possible,...