Windows 10: can i delete d drive partition to gain more space for c drive

Discus and support can i delete d drive partition to gain more space for c drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi. I am getting out of space error messages. C drive is full. D drive is nearly empty. Can I delete D drive partition and use that storage and only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Eliz G, Sep 18, 2024 at 7:17 PM.

1. Eliz G Win User

can i delete d drive partition to gain more space for c drive

Hi. I am getting out of space error messages. C drive is full. D drive is nearly empty. Can I delete D drive partition and use that storage and only have a C drive? Thanks.

:)

2. how to merge c drive and d drive

It depends on a couple things.

If you have two separate physical C and D drives, you can't merge them.

If the D drive is a partition (not a drive) and its to the right of C:\ in Disk Management, you can right click C:\ then click Extend.

Press Windows key + X

Click Disk Management

Take a screenshot then post in a reply here.

If the layout is similar to how I described it, try the following. Make sure important data is backed up if there is any.

Select the D:\ partition

Right click the ‘D:\’ in Disk Management, on the contextual menu, click the ‘Delete Volume’ option. Click ‘Yes’ when the warning dialog appears.

The Volume you deleted will now appear as ‘Free space’, you will also notice that the disk icon no longer appears in the list of volumes.

Right click the Free space partition, and click Delete, click Yes on the Disk Management warning that appears.

The volume will now appear as Unallocated. Our next step is to merge back that unallocated free space with the system partition (C:\). Right click the System volume and click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Andre for Directly, Sep 18, 2024 at 7:30 PM
  3. silvanasp Win User
    partitioning C: D: drives

Question

• can i delete d drive partition to gain more space for c drive rsp-content-status-subscribed.png?ver=17.3.8.png

Applies to

0 views partitioning c and d drives

SI

asked on

can anyone explain why my d drive has 759 GB

and my c drive 239 GB

is there any logical reason for this type of partitioning?

i back up to G drive - external drive.

What can i do with D drive, how can i utilize this 759 GB of space?

You had this question

4. can i delete d drive partition to gain more space for c drive

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Sep 18, 2024 at 7:30 PM
Thema:

can i delete d drive partition to gain more space for c drive

1. can i delete d drive partition to gain more space for c drive - Similar Threads - delete drive partition

2. can i delete d drive partition to gain more space for c drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can i delete d drive partition to gain more space for c drive: Hi. I am getting out of space error messages. C drive is full. D drive is nearly empty. Can I delete D drive partition and use that storage and only have a C drive? Thanks....
  3. can i delete d drive partition to gain more space for c drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i delete d drive partition to gain more space for c drive: Hi. I am getting out of space error messages. C drive is full. D drive is nearly empty. Can I delete D drive partition and use that storage and only have a C drive? Thanks....
  4. C drive suddenly gained more storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive suddenly gained more storage: my C drive has been on 10GB free of space for a week or so, now it went up to 16GB. I didnt do anything related to cleaning up space.i only noticed this after my PC goes into Sleep mode for leaving it out too long and turning it back on...
  5. C drive suddenly gained more storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive suddenly gained more storage: my C drive has been on 10GB free of space for a week or so, now it went up to 16GB. I didnt do anything related to cleaning up space.i only noticed this after my PC goes into Sleep mode for leaving it out too long and turning it back on...
  6. C drive suddenly gained more storage

7. How can I give more space to the D: drive from C: drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I give more space to the D: drive from C: drive?: So, I have two partitions on my windows 10 So how can I give more space to the D: drive from the C: drive Is there a way to make it so, the D: drive gets more storage from the C: drive. submitted by /u/AustralianZach [link] [comments]...
  8. Combining C: and D: drive partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Combining C: and D: drive partitions: A couple weeks ago my PC had some problems and i had to send it somewhere to fix it, now when it came back, it has two partitions, and the problem is, D: has way more memory than C: (more precisely, D: has around 850 GB and C: has 150 GB) and I really wanted to combine them...
  9. How can D drive space can be allocated to C drive for expanding C drive?

How can D drive space can be allocated to C drive for expanding C drive?: How can D drive space can be allocated to C drive for expanding C drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-d-drive-space-can-be-allocated-to-c-drive/8fd8aaa9-0237-4457-b437-1ef89a970827"
  10. drive C used space is gaining

in Windows 10 Support
    drive C used space is gaining: For some reason my used space is gaining more(see attached). Just a few weeks ago the used space was at 50gb today it is up to 70gb. I don't know why it keeps gaining probably everyday a few gigabyte. I did a tuneup update in geeksquad but that was all. I never installed any...