Windows 10: Can I create a Win 11 Pro recovery DVD for a desktop from a Win 11 Home laptop?

Discus and support Can I create a Win 11 Pro recovery DVD for a desktop from a Win 11 Home laptop? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Dell Desktop was running Win 11 Pro when it took a power hit and refuses to reboot correctly. I have tried the usual pwr down 3 times and still will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bill Sloc, Jun 23, 2023.

1. Bill Sloc Win User

Can I create a Win 11 Pro recovery DVD for a desktop from a Win 11 Home laptop?

My Dell Desktop was running Win 11 Pro when it took a power hit and refuses to reboot correctly. I have tried the usual pwr down 3 times and still will not complete the reboot. When I upgraded to Win 11 Pro, I did not make a recovery drive. I would prefer not to do a reinstall since I think that would require me to format my 1T drive. I would prefer to create a recovery DVD since the desktop only boots to dvd and use that so all my data is not lost. Can I create a Win 11 Pro recovery DVD from an HP laptop running Win 11 home? How will the recovery know that I want Pro and not Home version?th

:)

Bill Sloc, Jun 23, 2023
  2. sfo_eric Win User

Win 11 Pro for Workstation on a Dell XPS 15 laptop

Hi,

Silly question. I like how Win 11 Pro for Workstations runs on my Aurora R13 desktop (Core i9 processor). My XPS 15 laptop has regular Win 11 Pro on it. Would I see an advantage of upgrading to Win 11 Pro for Workstations on my laptop (even though it is only an i7 processor)?

Thanks.

Eric

sfo_eric, Jun 23, 2023
  3. move my copy of Win 11 Pro to a new laptop

I need to move my copy of Win Pro 11 from one laptop to another which has Win Home 11 on it

Tom Hertlein, Jun 23, 2023
  4. Can I create a Win 11 Pro recovery DVD for a desktop from a Win 11 Home laptop?

Share files Win 10 Pro to Win 11 Home?

I have a new laptop with Win 11 Home, and I need full access to files and drives on my Win 10 Home Desktop.

1) Both computers on the same network: If I upgrade the Desktop to Win10 Pro, will I have full read/write access to those using the Win 11 Home Laptop or do I have to upgrade both to Pro?

2) Same question if I enable RDP and set up remote access...will a "Home" version be able to access a "Pro" version remotely?

I can't seem to get answers to these specific questions...thanks in advance.

GregArtman, Jun 23, 2023
Thema:

Can I create a Win 11 Pro recovery DVD for a desktop from a Win 11 Home laptop?

1. Can I create a Win 11 Pro recovery DVD for a desktop from a Win 11 Home laptop? - Similar Threads - create Pro recovery

2. How to upgrade Win 11 Home to Win 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade Win 11 Home to Win 11 Pro: receiving error code 8000ffff attempting to upgrade from win 11 home to win 11 pro, which was perchased in the Microsoft Store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-win-11-home-to-win-11-pro/9eb2ed04-fc04-447f-b7c5-7641b1872faa
  3. How to upgrade Win 11 Home to Win 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to upgrade Win 11 Home to Win 11 Pro: receiving error code 8000ffff attempting to upgrade from win 11 home to win 11 pro, which was perchased in the Microsoft Store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-win-11-home-to-win-11-pro/9eb2ed04-fc04-447f-b7c5-7641b1872faa
  4. Downgrade from Win 11 Pro to Win 11 Home OR Give me a product key for Win 11 Pro.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade from Win 11 Pro to Win 11 Home OR Give me a product key for Win 11 Pro.: I purchased a computer that was said to have Windows 11 Home on it. When I received my computer it told me windows was not activated, and as such I am missing lots of functionality on my new computer. Upon further investigation, this is because the license associated to the...
  5. Downgrade from Win 11 Pro to Win 11 Home OR Give me a product key for Win 11 Pro.

Downgrade from Win 11 Pro to Win 11 Home OR Give me a product key for Win 11 Pro.: I purchased a computer that was said to have Windows 11 Home on it. When I received my computer it told me windows was not activated, and as such I am missing lots of functionality on my new computer. Upon further investigation, this is because the license associated to the...
  6. Upgrading from Win 11 home to Win 11 Pro - using Win 10 pro key

Upgrading from Win 11 home to Win 11 Pro - using Win 10 pro key: I have a new laptop - running Win 11 HomeMy old laptop was upgraded to Win 10 pro from win 10 homeCan I transfer this upgrade to the new laptop and then upgrade this to Win 11 Pro ?Without it affecting any programs that I have installed ?What would happen if I just change the...
  7. Upgrading from Win 11 home to Win 11 Pro - using Win 10 pro key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Win 11 home to Win 11 Pro - using Win 10 pro key: I have a new laptop - running Win 11 HomeMy old laptop was upgraded to Win 10 pro from win 10 homeCan I transfer this upgrade to the new laptop and then upgrade this to Win 11 Pro ?Without it affecting any programs that I have installed ?What would happen if I just change the...
  8. Can I create a Win 11 Pro recovery DVD for a desktop from a Win 11 Home laptop?

Can I create a Win 11 Pro recovery DVD for a desktop from a Win 11 Home laptop?: My Dell Desktop was running Win 11 Pro when it took a power hit and refuses to reboot correctly. I have tried the usual pwr down 3 times and still will not complete the reboot. When I upgraded to Win 11 Pro, I did not make a recovery drive. I would prefer not to do a...
  9. If i have win 10 pro and i upgrade to win 11 will i be upgraded to win 11 pro or home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If i have win 10 pro and i upgrade to win 11 will i be upgraded to win 11 pro or home?: pretty much the title. I currently have win 10 pro and am curious if i will get upgraded to win 11 pro for free or just win 11 home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-have-win-10-pro-and-i-upgrade-to-win-11-will/f8ac2091-0980-4452-9069-b59ec2057f62
  10. If i have win 10 pro and i upgrade to win 11 will i be upgraded to win 11 pro or home?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If i have win 10 pro and i upgrade to win 11 will i be upgraded to win 11 pro or home?: pretty much the title. I currently have win 10 pro and am curious if i will get upgraded to win 11 pro for free or just win 11 home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-have-win-10-pro-and-i-upgrade-to-win-11-will/f8ac2091-0980-4452-9069-b59ec2057f62