Windows 10: Can i change my pc to a different motherboard brand and keep my apps and old settings?

Discus and support Can i change my pc to a different motherboard brand and keep my apps and old settings? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, im changing my Lenovo legion t5 motherboard that came with the pc to a new ASUS motherboard, do i need to install a fresh copy of windows and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hesham harthi, Apr 15, 2023.

1. Can i change my pc to a different motherboard brand and keep my apps and old settings?

Hello, im changing my Lenovo legion t5 motherboard that came with the pc to a new ASUS motherboard, do i need to install a fresh copy of windows and lose all my old apps and installed games? or i plug the new motherboard and it will install the new drivers and keep my old apps and data? its the same HDD and SSD, just changing the motherboard, the windows license is OEM, im confused because different people say different things

:)

hesham harthi, Apr 15, 2023

2. Activate Windows 10 after motherboard change

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I built the PC myself and it is\was a retail Windows 8 Pro license upgraded to 10.

The guide listed that I should be able to transfer the license, and following the steps given when selecting "I recently changed hardware" in the activation process it does not list my previous device to select from.

My Microsoft account is logged in on both my old and new motherboard, and my old motherboard is unable to boot at all to deactivate or retrieve any keys.

If my license is indeed available for transfer, how can I proceed from here?

Thanks.

Libertherme, Apr 15, 2023
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 15, 2023
  4. Can i change my pc to a different motherboard brand and keep my apps and old settings?

Unlink an old android phone from my pc

I go thru the suggested steps: Start - Settings - Phone - Unlink this PC.

When I first open the "your phone" screen the old phone is listed. Not sure if the phone listed is suppose to be selectable or not, but my is not. When I select "Unlink this PC" the phone listed is removed. When I select "Add Phone" the old phone still
    shows. I have removed the old phone from my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted after unlink this pc but I still cannot remove my old phone.

LostSailorPO1, Apr 15, 2023
Thema:

Can i change my pc to a different motherboard brand and keep my apps and old settings?

1. Can i change my pc to a different motherboard brand and keep my apps and old settings? - Similar Threads - change different motherboard

2. How can i keep my old style settings logo or app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i keep my old style settings logo or app: How can i keep my old style settings logo or app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-keep-my-old-style-settings-logo-or-app/69e7df7f-a39c-4199-a9ea-cf65fb653bdc
  3. How can i keep my old style settings logo or app

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can i keep my old style settings logo or app: How can i keep my old style settings logo or app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-keep-my-old-style-settings-logo-or-app/69e7df7f-a39c-4199-a9ea-cf65fb653bdc
  4. How can i keep my old style settings logo or app

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My windows pc cannot open the "settings" app or any app that can configure changes in my pc,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows pc cannot open the "settings" app or any app that can configure changes in my pc,: I noticed that when i use my microsoft account the settings or any app that can configure changes wont open or start. I have already created a new user account using cmd and works perfectly fine, the same account is also used on my laptop, and also works fine. the only...
  6. My windows pc cannot open the "settings" app or any app that can configure changes in my pc,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows pc cannot open the "settings" app or any app that can configure changes in my pc,: I noticed that when i use my microsoft account the settings or any app that can configure changes wont open or start. I have already created a new user account using cmd and works perfectly fine, the same account is also used on my laptop, and also works fine. the only...
  7. Can i change my pc to a different motherboard brand and keep my apps and old settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i change my pc to a different motherboard brand and keep my apps and old settings?: Hello, im changing my Lenovo legion t5 motherboard that came with the pc to a new ASUS motherboard, do i need to install a fresh copy of windows and lose all my old apps and installed games? or i plug the new motherboard and it will install the new drivers and keep my old...
  8. Can i change my pc to a different motherboard brand and keep my apps and old settings?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can i change my pc to a different motherboard brand and keep my apps and old settings?: Hello, im changing my Lenovo legion t5 motherboard that came with the pc to a new ASUS motherboard, do i need to install a fresh copy of windows and lose all my old apps and installed games? or i plug the new motherboard and it will install the new drivers and keep my old...
  9. Can I change my motherboard??????

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I change my motherboard??????: I first bought a motherboard from Asus. It's model:P5G41T-M LX. after a few years, I think it is failed. So I give to someone in my area to repair it. But, he changed my motherboard to new Asus motherboard. New motherboard model:P5QPL-AM. so, can I change this...
  10. My brand new PC keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    My brand new PC keeps crashing: Hello! So i recently bought a new PC. but the problem is that it keeps freezing , mostly while playing games but on occasion it also happens while just running internet, so i don't think that the game is causing the issue, although i turned down the graphics just to be...