Windows 10: Can I change computer name to original?

Discus and support Can I change computer name to original? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had some probs with windows 10 desktop and had to make a recovery drive on a flash drive from a different windows 10 laptop. It worked fine but now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CJBerryUG, May 8, 2024.

1. CJBerryUG Win User

Can I change computer name to original?

I had some probs with windows 10 desktop and had to make a recovery drive on a flash drive from a different windows 10 laptop. It worked fine but now my computer thinks it’s an HP laptop and there’s a completely different machine number after the name. Can I change it back to saying it’s the actual machine I have ?

:)

CJBerryUG, May 8, 2024

2. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, May 8, 2024
  3. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, May 8, 2024
  4. Kreij Win User

name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile Can I change computer name to original? :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, May 8, 2024
Thema:

1. Can I change computer name to original? - Similar Threads - change computer name

2. Can I change computer name to original?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I change computer name to original?: I had some probs with windows 10 desktop and had to make a recovery drive on a flash drive from a different windows 10 laptop. It worked fine but now my computer thinks it’s an HP laptop and there’s a completely different machine number after the name. Can I change it back to...
  3. Can I change computer name to original?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I change computer name to original?: I had some probs with windows 10 desktop and had to make a recovery drive on a flash drive from a different windows 10 laptop. It worked fine but now my computer thinks it’s an HP laptop and there’s a completely different machine number after the name. Can I change it back to...
  4. Change the name of the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the name of the computer: May I know how can I change the name of my computer?I took it to have maintenance and they set my computer name as 'user' but I want to change the name.Thank you....
  5. Change the name of the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the name of the computer: May I know how can I change the name of my computer?I took it to have maintenance and they set my computer name as 'user' but I want to change the name.Thank you....
  6. How can change the hidden original user folder name in C ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can change the hidden original user folder name in C ?: Hello When i reset my Dell laptop it requires a Microsoft account after the reset and then the user folder name in C is named after the 5 characters of the email address Can i rename it or give it another name from the beginning??...
  7. change name of computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    change name of computer: Need to change name of computer and sign on screen. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-name-of-computer/4d3706d2-64d8-44ba-b0cb-5a8b442c451d
  8. How can I change the name of my computer?

How can I change the name of my computer?: I just purchased a new computer, set it up, and then found out it's name is Janet! My name is JANE, my last name begins with the letter "T", but my name is not Janet, it's Jane. Many things that I use, including C:\Users, refer to me as Janet, but that's not my name. Please...
  9. Changing the computer name?

Changing the computer name?: Hello everyone, I need help with changing my username on the computer. now the reason i want to do it because my username is on my language and because of that the computer cant locate games or installation programs. and i know there is a option to change in the settings....
  10. Can I change the name of a PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I change the name of a PC: Hi I have four PCs on my home network, all show up as a number, I guess it is the digital identifier of the machine but it is difficult to remember which is which. Can I right click/rename the link that shows up so I know which PC I am working on? Appreciate any...