Windows 10: Can a Windows 10 Digital License be transferred to a new Microsoft Account?

Discus and support Can a Windows 10 Digital License be transferred to a new Microsoft Account? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently built a new computer, and will be giving my old computer to a relative. My Windows 10 digital license is tied to my Microsoft Account but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by trouncex, Aug 28, 2022.

1. trouncex Win User

Can a Windows 10 Digital License be transferred to a new Microsoft Account?

I recently built a new computer, and will be giving my old computer to a relative. My Windows 10 digital license is tied to my Microsoft Account but unfortunately, I cannot use this license for my new computer.Is it possible to transfer this license to my relative's Microsoft Account instead?I need to purchase a new copy of Windows 10 to register for my account.

:)

trouncex, Aug 28, 2022

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Can a Windows 10 Digital License be transferred to a new Microsoft Account? [​IMG]

MCardona81, Aug 28, 2022
  3. Transfer digital license from old PC to New one.

You would have to first ensure the Digital License is linked to your Microsoft Account. See instructions how to do that. You can then use the Troubleshooter on the new computer after installing Windows 10 to restore the license.

Please note, if your license was upgraded from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 7 license, it is not transferable.

See:

Andre Da Costa, Aug 28, 2022
  4. Can a Windows 10 Digital License be transferred to a new Microsoft Account?

Linking Windows 10 digital license to Microsoft account: Is the link permanent?

Linking to your Microsoft Account is more of a convenience when reactivating Windows 10 after a reinstallation or hardware change such as a hard disk.

It doesn't necessarily mean, you can easily transfer Windows 10 to another computer. Here is an explanation of how it works:

Learn more about how and if you can transfer your license:

Andre Da Costa, Aug 28, 2022
Thema:

Can a Windows 10 Digital License be transferred to a new Microsoft Account?

1. Can a Windows 10 Digital License be transferred to a new Microsoft Account? - Similar Threads - Digital License transferred

2. How to transfer "Microsoft digital license" from a existing microsoft account to a new...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer "Microsoft digital license" from a existing microsoft account to a new...: Hey, I recently purchased a laptop which came with "Windows 11 Home and Student". During the initial boot and setup of windows 11 on that new machine, I was asked to sign in to a Microsoft account which I later came to know was for the Digital license to link to the account....
  3. Can a Windows 10 Digital License be transferred to a new Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can a Windows 10 Digital License be transferred to a new Microsoft Account?: I recently built a new computer, and will be giving my old computer to a relative. My Windows 10 digital license is tied to my Microsoft Account but unfortunately, I cannot use this license for my new computer.Is it possible to transfer this license to my relative's Microsoft...
  4. Can a Windows 10 Digital License be transferred to a new Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a Windows 10 Digital License be transferred to a new Microsoft Account?: I recently built a new computer, and will be giving my old computer to a relative. My Windows 10 digital license is tied to my Microsoft Account but unfortunately, I cannot use this license for my new computer.Is it possible to transfer this license to my relative's Microsoft...
  5. Can I transfer Windows Digital License to another Microsoft Account ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer Windows Digital License to another Microsoft Account ?: I had bought a laptop couple of months ago. During fresh start, system got started with my MS account and windows activated with digital license linked to my Microsoft Account. Now I have gifted the beast to a friend of mine and I want to transfer Windows digital license of...
  6. Can I transfer Windows Digital License to another Microsoft Account ?

Can I transfer Windows Digital License to another Microsoft Account ?: I had bought a laptop couple of months ago. During fresh start, system got started with my MS account and windows activated with digital license linked to my Microsoft Account. Now I have gifted the beast to a friend of mine and I want to transfer Windows digital license of...
  7. Can I transfer Windows Digital License to another Microsoft Account ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Transfer Digital license linked to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer Digital license linked to Microsoft Account: I have an almost 8 Year old laptop that originally didn't come with an OS. So, I installed Windows 10 Pro on it and purchased a digital license seperately. The 3rd Gen i3 Processor still somewhat holds up and can do all the basic tasks (including playing videos in 4K without...
  9. Windows 10 Digital License Transfer to a different Microsoft account

Windows 10 Digital License Transfer to a different Microsoft account: I used my personal account for a work computer. Is there a way to create a new Microsoft account and transfer this digital license to new Microsoft account if we ever need to reimage?...
  10. How to transfer Windows digital license to Microsoft account?

How to transfer Windows digital license to Microsoft account?: So i bought a new laptop with Windows 10 installed in it. When i look up the activation page on settings it says "Windows is activated with a digital license". all i know about digital license is that it is connected to a Microsoft account. But this laptop i bought doesn't...