Windows 10: Camera indicator light turns on and off for a split second when I turn on my laptop, but...

Discus and support Camera indicator light turns on and off for a split second when I turn on my laptop, but... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't know if my laptop's manufacturer Lenovo did this on purpose or something maybe to ensure the indicator light is working but every time I turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by David Gordiienko, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Camera indicator light turns on and off for a split second when I turn on my laptop, but...

I don't know if my laptop's manufacturer Lenovo did this on purpose or something maybe to ensure the indicator light is working but every time I turn on my laptop the camera indicator light will turn on and off for a split second. It works normally after that, such as when I open the camera app and Skype, it turns on normally. I don't think this is malware because I got it like this it was secondhand but even after factory resetting and installing the latest BIOS for it it was still like this. I don't know if I should be concerned about this or if this is an intentional feature. I have a

:)

David Gordiienko, Jul 24, 2022
  2. Msap14 Win User

laptop won't turn on

Dell Latitude D800

few hours ago i turned the laptop off by going to start menu, shut down, on an xp machine. the computer shut down normally but now when i try to turn it back on, nothing happens for a good 30 seconds then the HDD lights and power lights come on for a few seconds then turn off.

it's weird becasue, from what i have seen, the lights usually come on right away then turn right off (in similar situations) but this thing doesn't even try to turn on for a bit. What could be wrong?

things i have tried:
    -removed RAM, battery, wireless card, HDD... nothing happens
    -held power button for 10 seconds with battery in and out of machine while and while nt plugged in
    -Different power adapters

i am going to check the cmos battery but if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

Msap14, Jul 24, 2022
  3. Kuhramool Win User
    Computer will turn "on" for a split second then off. Only Fan LEDs light up

Hello. I'm trying to figure out what happened to my computer. I was playing Minecraft then all of a sudden it randomly shut off. When I tried to turn it back on my LEDs on my fans would light up move a little bit then turn off within a split second. I would turn the switch off on the back then turn it back on and it would do it again. After that It would not even turn on for that second. The light on my mouse wheel stay on though. But nothing else will turn on. I am very worried. It really sucks to have something you have built break. I have had my computer for 5 months. If anything is broken I REALLY hope it is the power supply. That is all I can afford

System specs.
    CPU- I5 2500k Not OC'd With the hyper 212 cpu cooler.
    RAM- G-skill Sniper 8GB
    MOBO- GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 LGA
    GPU-GTX 570 Not OC'd
    HDD- WD Caviar black 500GB
    PSU- Corsair TX 750 Bronze certified.

Kuhramool, Jul 24, 2022
  4. Camera indicator light turns on and off for a split second when I turn on my laptop, but...

Computer said “Locking” for a split second, turned off, and won’t turn on at all.

Hi, I have an HP Envy laptop from 2017 or 2018. I was playing a game with my friends and all of a sudden “Locking...” Flashed on the screen for a split second and the computer turned off, it wont turn back on at all!

this has never happened to me before on any other computer.

Tyler Oros, Jul 24, 2022
Thema:

Camera indicator light turns on and off for a split second when I turn on my laptop, but...

1. Camera indicator light turns on and off for a split second when I turn on my laptop, but... - Similar Threads - Camera indicator light

2. My computer screen turns on for split second then turns off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer screen turns on for split second then turns off: My problem is that when I turn the laptop on, the screen turns on for a split second then just disappears. I know it is still running because each time I close and reopen the laptop, It appears for a split second. I don’t know WHAT is going on. please help...
  3. My computer screen turns on for split second then turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer screen turns on for split second then turns off: My problem is that when I turn the laptop on, the screen turns on for a split second then just disappears. I know it is still running because each time I close and reopen the laptop, It appears for a split second. I don’t know WHAT is going on. please help...
  4. My computer screen turns on for split second then turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Camera turns on for couple of seconds and then turns off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera turns on for couple of seconds and then turns off.: So I've recently bought a new camera Logitech C920, I haven't really been using it often but recently I've plugged it into my PC and I've realised sometimes my camera turns on for couple of seconds as if something or someone is using it to spy on me? I've disallowed every...
  6. Camera turns on for couple of seconds and then turns off.

Camera turns on for couple of seconds and then turns off.: So I've recently bought a new camera Logitech C920, I haven't really been using it often but recently I've plugged it into my PC and I've realised sometimes my camera turns on for couple of seconds as if something or someone is using it to spy on me? I've disallowed every...
  7. Camera turns on for couple of seconds and then turns off.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Camera indicator light turns on and off for a split second when I turn on my laptop, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera indicator light turns on and off for a split second when I turn on my laptop, but...: I don't know if my laptop's manufacturer Lenovo did this on purpose or something maybe to ensure the indicator light is working but every time I turn on my laptop the camera indicator light will turn on and off for a split second. It works normally after that, such as when I...
  9. Acer laptop won’t turn on, but indicator light turns blue.

Acer laptop won’t turn on, but indicator light turns blue.: I have an Acer laptop that I have had for a year or two, and now it’s not turning on. I’ll press the power button and the blue light will turn on, but the screen stays off and the fan doesn’t start. I have tried to reboot, but it does the same thing, and earlier, it would...
  10. When I turn on my laptop, Night Light turns on for half a minute, then turns off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I turn on my laptop, Night Light turns on for half a minute, then turns off.: I tried turning it on again and it says it's on when it's not. This happened after I updated my computer, the previous version was 1709, the one I updated to was 1809. Please help, my eyes are looking at an awfully blue-lit screen. [ATTACH]...