Windows 10: Camera has stopped working.

Discus and support Camera has stopped working. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows Hello stopped working, so I tried to reset it. When it said to center my face on the image, there was no image. No picture from the camera,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ElliotFishbein, Sep 16, 2024 at 9:47 AM.

1. Camera has stopped working.

Windows Hello stopped working, so I tried to reset it. When it said to center my face on the image, there was no image. No picture from the camera, just a gray screen. It had been working.

:)

ElliotFishbein, Sep 16, 2024 at 9:47 AM

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Sep 16, 2024 at 9:57 AM
  3. Macro_211 Win User
    camera is not working

Hey Dear, If your built-in camera was working previously, but now it's not working, there could be a number of reasons why it stopped working. Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try:

1. Check if the camera is enabled: Make sure the camera is turned on or enabled on your device. On some devices, there is a physical switch or button that turns the camera on and off.
    2. Check if the camera driver is up to date: If the camera driver is outdated, it could cause the camera to stop working. Check if there are any updates available for your camera driver and install them if there are.
    3. Check if the camera is being used by another application: Sometimes, another application may be using the camera, causing it to not be available to other applications. Make sure to close all other applications that may be using the camera.
    4. Check for malware or virus: Malware or viruses can cause issues with your device's camera. Run a full system scan to check for any malware or viruses and remove them if detected.
    5. Restart your device: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix the issue. Restart your device and check if the camera is working again.
    If none of the above steps work, you may need to contact the manufacturer of your device for further assistance or consider taking it to a repair shop.

4. Camera has stopped working.

Camera stopped working after latest update

Morning,

I have tried all the usual steps,

• Privacy settings,
    • Reset camera
    • removed and restored devices in device manager
    • sfc/scannow.
    Not working at all, it is both front and rear camera on surface x pro

Any way I can just download drivers seperately?

Thema:

Camera has stopped working.

1. Camera has stopped working. - Similar Threads - Camera has stopped

2. Camera has stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera has stopped working.: Windows Hello stopped working, so I tried to reset it. When it said to center my face on the image, there was no image. No picture from the camera, just a gray screen. It had been working....
  3. why has my camera stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why has my camera stopped working: My camera has stopped working since my last update, the light comes on but no camera, please advise, i work remotely and have teams meetings every day, this is an issue with no camera...
  4. why has my camera stopped working

why has my camera stopped working: My camera has stopped working since my last update, the light comes on but no camera, please advise, i work remotely and have teams meetings every day, this is an issue with no camera...
  5. camera stopped working

camera stopped working: The camera stopped working when using zoom and teams https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-stopped-working/08f8c60f-dda6-46f8-922c-fd3525c1986e
  6. my camera has stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my camera has stopped working: I have online zoom classes and have been using my camera alot. It has recently been turning my screen green and then becoming undetectable. I have updated and restarted it. That helps for a few minutes but then it happens again....
  7. Camera stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera stopped working: My camera suddenly stopped working and I searched high and low for a fix. After hours of searching, I found it and it was simple. IF YOU'RE USING A RECENT VERSION OF AN HP LAPTOP, CHECK IF YOU'VE GOT A SO-CALLED 'KILL SWITCH.' THAT'S ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE COMPUTER. IF...
  8. Camera stopped working

Camera stopped working: My camera worked fine a few days ago. Now I get an error that says 'NoCamerasAreAttached'. It is also not listed in Device Manager. What can I do to get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-stopped-working/198c813f-3e65-4b5b-846b-949005894ee7
  9. Laptop camera has stopped working.

Laptop camera has stopped working.: Laptop camera has stopped working. I just got it, so I'm not even sure if it was working in the first place. Can't even find the device driver in there. Nothing is helping....
  10. Web camera has stopped working.

Web camera has stopped working.: I just bought a new Lenovo ideapad 330 last month. All of a sudden, my webcam has stopped working. I am using it everyday for my work. What should I do? Please help!...