Windows 10: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with...

Discus and support C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This message occurred when I was in the process of updating, registering and installing Waves Soundgrid plugins, Dll's and other files using the Waves... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BobbyS., Jul 9, 2022.

1. BobbyS. Win User

C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with...

This message occurred when I was in the process of updating, registering and installing Waves Soundgrid plugins, Dll's and other files using the Waves Central app. Upon proceeding with the updates, I received the error message during updates: "C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0x3". Everything I try to do to remedy this ends with the following error message: "Runtime Error {at 47:31}: Could not call proc." Now, I cannot open my related Waves apps because of this one issue. I saw in some circumstances, where one might go into Re

:)

BobbyS., Jul 9, 2022

2. Unable to register DLLs and OCXs in Windows Enterprise 1909 build

Hi all,

I have installed Windows 10 Enterprise version with latest 1909 build, from then the DLLs and OCXs of my application are not registering. I'm facing the issue
    "The module xxxx.dll may not be compatible with the version of Windows that you are running.Check if the module is compatible with an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of regsvr32.exe". My DLLs and OCXs are of 32-bit.

I tried registering from command prompt with elevated permissions in the following ways but all of them prompted me the same issue.

regsvr32 xxxx.dll

%systemroot%\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe xxxx.dll

%systemroot%\System32\regsvr32.exe xxxx.dll

Please let me know if there is any solution to resolve the issue. Thanks in advance.

PINNINTI Revanth, Jul 9, 2022
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Running Win & and not letting me register a OCX file

There is no 64 bit version of comdlg32.ocx. It's 32 bit, but
    you can still register the ocx.
    In Vista Ultimate x64, you need to place the Comdlg32.ocx in the directory C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ you can then run "regsvr32
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Comdlg32.ocx" and it should register the file.

open an elevated command prompt. then type:

regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Comdlg32.ocx

I pick this info up over at Vista forums and it worked for me. Hope it works for you.*Smile C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll  unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with... :)

95Viper, Jul 9, 2022
  4. C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with...

ZippyDSMlee, Jul 9, 2022
Thema:

C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with...

1. C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with... - Similar Threads - WINDOWSSysWOW64SoundGridAsio dll unable

2. unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5: Every time I install the application, a pop up always appears "unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5",Why is this?...
  3. unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5: Every time I install the application, a pop up always appears "unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5",Why is this?...
  4. unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unable to register any dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to register any dll: I'm trying to register dll's on my new machine but i'm unable to register and throwing an error. Attaching snapshot for reference. Tried many ways but ended up with same error again n again. Could someone help me out please?...
  6. C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with...: This message occurred when I was in the process of updating, registering and installing Waves Soundgrid plugins, Dll's and other files using the Waves Central app. Upon proceeding with the updates, I received the error message during updates:...
  7. C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SoundGridAsio.dll unable to register DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with...: This message occurred when I was in the process of updating, registering and installing Waves Soundgrid plugins, Dll's and other files using the Waves Central app. Upon proceeding with the updates, I received the error message during updates:...
  8. AMD64.dll failed to register

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    AMD64.dll failed to register: hii, can any one help I'm tryingbto install cst studio suite student 2019 version but during installion a error occures as: Error 1904.C:\program filesx86 CST STUDIO SUITE 2019\AMD64\CSTInfo_AMD64.dll failed to register i spent almost 3 hrs surfing the youtube please give...
  9. using regsvr32 to register ocx file

in Windows 10 Customization
    using regsvr32 to register ocx file: using regsvr32 to register Msflxgrd.ocx I get error 08002801c how do I resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-regsvr32-to-register-ocx-file/9b1fa2bb-ca51-4c34-89a2-670eb9e48548
  10. Register and Unregister Context Menu for DLL and OCX Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Register and Unregister Context Menu for DLL and OCX Files: This works but is not run with the admin flag thus it dose not work in 10.... Register and Unregister Context Menu for DLL and OCX Files Can someone update this so it works in win10? 63680