Windows 10: C: partition now UNALLOCATED?

Discus and support C: partition now UNALLOCATED? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; USER ERROR...I accidentally typed a SMALL c: when performing a simple backup of a Quicken file. Now the computer is named C: and primary drive.I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Emeline419, Jan 21, 2022.

1. C: partition now UNALLOCATED?

USER ERROR...I accidentally typed a SMALL c: when performing a simple backup of a Quicken file. Now the computer is named C: and primary drive.I want to have C: as a separate partition...HOW???I went thru the disk management process and saw how to name an unallocated partition but didn't want to proceed until someone can validate the HOW TO for me.

:)

Emeline419, Jan 21, 2022

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Jan 21, 2022
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CC: partition now UNALLOCATED? :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jan 21, 2022
  4. mellaby Win User

C: partition now UNALLOCATED?

Removing unallocated Partition

I have a 600 meg unallocated partition. I've tried different methods to allocate it to the C drive with no luck. I can't move it beside the C drive either. Any suggestions?

mellaby, Jan 21, 2022
Thema:

C: partition now UNALLOCATED?

1. C: partition now UNALLOCATED? - Similar Threads - partition UNALLOCATED

2. How to increase partition size when have no unallocated partition arround it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to increase partition size when have no unallocated partition arround it?: I have partition schema like this:How to increase C drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-partition-size-when-have-no/42829308-9f30-4d56-a6ab-6d1f394e7112
  3. Recovering BitLocked Partition from Unallocated Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering BitLocked Partition from Unallocated Space: My hdd is of 1 TB and it had a Partition of C, D and F. Among them F was encrypted and others were not. I used Windows Media Creation Tool which erased my whole Data as I was trying to Download it on partition D,Now I do have the bitlocked Password but I can only see an...
  4. Recovering BitLocked Partition from Unallocated Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering BitLocked Partition from Unallocated Space: My hdd is of 1 TB and it had a Partition of C, D and F. Among them F was encrypted and others were not. I used Windows Media Creation Tool which erased my whole Data as I was trying to Download it on partition D,Now I do have the bitlocked Password but I can only see an...
  5. Recovering BitLocked Partition from Unallocated Space

6. Partition turned into Free Space after another unallocated space took its Letter

Partition turned into Free Space after another unallocated space took its Letter: I accidentally named some unallocated space into the letter of my data partition named "D". I guess this turned the partition into Free Space.Is there a way to return this partition with its data?...
  7. My Partition truned into Free Space after another unallocated space took its Letter

My Partition truned into Free Space after another unallocated space took its Letter: I accidentally named some unallocated memory into the letter of my data partition named "D". This turned the important partition into Free Space.Is there a way to return this partition?...
  8. My Partition truned into Free Space after another unallocated space took its Letter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Partition truned into Free Space after another unallocated space took its Letter: I accidentally named some unallocated memory into the letter of my data partition named "D". This turned the important partition into Free Space.Is there a way to return this partition?...
  9. My Partition truned into Free Space after another unallocated space took its Letter

10. There are unallocated spaces where there should be ufi partition and recovery partitions...

There are unallocated spaces where there should be ufi partition and recovery partitions...: So I reinstalled windows as there was corruption with my previous install in disk 0 but after reinstall there are no ufi and recovery partitions...