Windows 10: BSOD with weird artifacts keeps happening while gaming, even on light loads.

Discus and support BSOD with weird artifacts keeps happening while gaming, even on light loads. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dumps of last night and this morning after a clean install of windows, updating all drivers in safe mode after deleting the old ones with amd cleanup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NicolaFrancese, Oct 17, 2024 at 5:23 AM.

1. BSOD with weird artifacts keeps happening while gaming, even on light loads.

Dumps of last night and this morning after a clean install of windows, updating all drivers in safe mode after deleting the old ones with amd cleanup utility and ddu in 2 separate tries. All this started happening after I cleaned the dust off my pc and switched thermal paste on the cpu. I only removed the cpu stock cooler and unplugged the gpu, everything went back the way it was and I quadrupled checked every cable and connection and everything is how it's supposed to be/ the way it was before. Currently typing from the pc and I'm having no issues, as soon as I start a game, even with temps

:)

NicolaFrancese, Oct 17, 2024 at 5:23 AM
  2. sygnus21 Win User

Strange artifacting issue

I’ve a weird issue and I’m not quite sure where to post this…

I purchased a new video card back in early August. A day later the card started artifacting (see my video there). At any rate I wound up RMAing the card and all was good until now… the new card is doing the same thing.

Here’s the strange thing though… The card only artifacts while I’m on the internet. I can game and benchmark for hours and the card won’t artifact, overheat or anything else. In other words the only issue I have with this card is it occasionally aartifacts while browsing the internet. Key info….

• Window 10 Pro RTM
    • Sapphire Tri-X R9 Fury
    • Catalyst Drivers 15.7.1
    • Internet explorer 11
    • EVGA Super Nova 1000 G2 (1000 watt)
    • Games played - Dragon Age: Inquisition, Skyrim, Deus Ex: Human Revolution (high settings)

My system specs are listed.

Anyway I’m not sure if this a driver, card, OS, or PS issue. I do know the only time it happens is while browsing the internet.

Anyway thoughts, suggestions, theories?

Thanks.

3. Nic727 Win User
    Photo app is making artifact on photos

Hi,

I found the best solution. Close app and re-open the photo in the app and the artifacts are gone... I think MS should fixe that, because it's very weird to see that happening when editing light into the picture.

I don't know if this problem is only mine, but can someone else try to edit light on a photo?

4. BSOD with weird artifacts keeps happening while gaming, even on light loads.

Sudden artifacts, freezing and BSODs under some stress

Since yesterday, my laptop seems to be malfunctioning. While playing games like Battlefield4 and Overwatch, after some time I get artifacts and my screen freezes(game keeps running and windows is still active, can still hear notifications and game sounds).
    After this I can exit the game through task manager and relaunch the game, untill all this happens again.

During this recurring problem, I also got the occasional BSOD: INTERNAL_VIDEO_SCHEDULER_ERROR

This problem seemed to start out of nowhere. It also seems not to be temperature related(GPU reaches only 65C and CPU 75C).

Things I have tried but didn't work:

-Reinstalling gpu driver.

-Installing older gpu driver.

Things I have tried that seemed to work:

-Set TDRdelay to 8 in registry.

The last thing seemed to work for a while, untill again while playing Overwatch, I saw artifacts, the screen froze and got a BSOD with the message THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

Here is a link to the last 3 DMP files, MSinfo and speccy:

Microsoft OneDrive

Thema:

BSOD with weird artifacts keeps happening while gaming, even on light loads.

1. BSOD with weird artifacts keeps happening while gaming, even on light loads. - Similar Threads - BSOD weird artifacts

2. BSOD with weird artifacts keeps happening while gaming, even on light loads.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with weird artifacts keeps happening while gaming, even on light loads.: Dumps of last night and this morning after a clean install of windows, updating all drivers in safe mode after deleting the old ones with amd cleanup utility and ddu in 2 separate tries. All this started happening after I cleaned the dust off my pc and switched thermal paste...
  3. BSOD constantly happening even while idle or happening while playing games....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD constantly happening even while idle or happening while playing games....: I've tried resetting my PC before and it still doesn't work. There are no minidumps I can provide since windows will not dump anything because it either just turns into a black screen or just bluescreens and instantly restarts a couple seconds after. After looking deeper into...
  4. BSOD constantly happening even while idle or happening while playing games....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD constantly happening even while idle or happening while playing games....: I've tried resetting my PC before and it still doesn't work. There are no minidumps I can provide since windows will not dump anything because it either just turns into a black screen or just bluescreens and instantly restarts a couple seconds after. After looking deeper into...
  5. BSOD constantly happening even while idle or happening while playing games....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. BSOD keeps happening while gaming

BSOD keeps happening while gaming: The last couple of says my computer keeps having a BSOD for a Irql not less or equal error code. I attempted to use WinDBG to find the answer but when I look up the errors I'm getting I can't find any other post with a similar error. Below I will paste the results of my...
  7. BSOD keeps happening even after a fresh install

BSOD keeps happening even after a fresh install: I only face this with a variety of games however some work fine they are the exception, not the rule such as the new Doom. It kept happening so I reinstalled a fresh win10, however, it still happens. Here is the dump....
  8. Weird artifacts on screen

Weird artifacts on screen: Today i changed my processor old one is pentium g630 new one is i5 3470 . Inastalation went perfectly and BIOS worked as well , but when i booted into windows there was incompatibility with my screen it said "unsupported sceen resolution pls change to 1080p 60@Hz " i...
  9. weird artifacts and BSOD when trying to play a game but is fine on normal usage

weird artifacts and BSOD when trying to play a game but is fine on normal usage: hello it started around 2 weeks ago when i was playing destiny 2 and all of a suddenor my pc came to a halt and strange artifacts started to appear on my screen then id hear a little audio distortion and then my pc would completely freeze for like 6-8 seconds then would...
  10. BSOD happening frequently while working/gaming

BSOD happening frequently while working/gaming: Hi all, I'm getting BSOD frequently in windows 10 enterprise. I've updated windows in the past several days, but to no avail. The system crashes in steam, battle.net, as well as performing normal tasks. I've run a memory test, and a disk scan, and both passed. Attached...