Windows 10: BSOD ever since I installed a new CPU

Discus and support BSOD ever since I installed a new CPU in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Before I bought the CPU I ran compatibility checks online and it all checked out, but since I've installed it I either get the BSOD with the error code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ethan M Austin, Sep 21, 2024 at 7:17 PM.

1. BSOD ever since I installed a new CPU

Before I bought the CPU I ran compatibility checks online and it all checked out, but since I've installed it I either get the BSOD with the error code "System thread exception not handled", or my PC will turn off and turn back on while I'm using it and sometimes when I am not. Overview Computer model: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MS-7B84 Operating system: Microsoft Windows 11 Home 10.0, Build 22631 Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 6/12 Motherboard: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. B450M PRO-M2 MS-7B84 RAM: 32 GB OLOy DDR4 2x16GB MD4U163216BJDASTORAGE1:

:)

Ethan M Austin, Sep 21, 2024 at 7:17 PM
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

3. BSOD after install of new CPU

Hello,

I recently installed a new CPU, after doing so I was excited to play games with better performance.

Before buying the CPU I made sure I checked that everything should be compatible and it was, I bought it as a prebuilt and went on the “Upgrade your PC and picked it from the upgradable items list.

ASUS Global

After buying the CPU I installed it, everything looked and seemed to be working, until, I started to use the PC as I would, I simply only replaced the CPU, did not touch anything but the CPU.

Previous to installing a new CPU everything worked absolutely fine, just lacking performance.

I reset my PC with the new processor and that worked absolutely fine for hours resetting it, nothing went wrong.

Until I open something such as Browser, or something loads up, it’ll Blue screen with “MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION”

Even with safe mode on it still blue screens

What Ive already done.

Reset my PC

Reinstalled Windows from local disk.

Updated Bios from 1108? to 2208

Took ram out and tried one stick,

Went on BIOS and set everything to default;

Ive currently got my old CPU in just to play while I think of a solution.

My specifications

PSU: 350W PSU

Processor [New/BSOD]: i7 9700K

Processor [OLD/Works] i3 9100F

RAM: x2 Corsair Vegegance 8gb [16GB]

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME H310 PLUS R2.0

Graphics Card: Geforce 1650 ZOTA

Storage 1TB HardDrive

Storage: 32gb USB Stick [To flash bios]

4. BSOD ever since I installed a new CPU

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 21, 2024 at 7:18 PM
Thema:

BSOD ever since I installed a new CPU

1. BSOD ever since I installed a new CPU - Similar Threads - BSOD ever since

2. BSOD ever since I installed a new CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD ever since I installed a new CPU: Before I bought the CPU I ran compatibility checks online and it all checked out, but since I've installed it I either get the BSOD with the error code "System thread exception not handled", or my PC will turn off and turn back on while I'm using it and sometimes when I am...
  3. Frequent BSODs since new cpu installation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSODs since new cpu installation.: A couple weeks ago, I installed a new cpu, and ever since then, I've been having frequent bluescreens that I haven't been able to diagnose myself. I installed the appropriate drivers for my chipset after the first couple of errors, but I've still been crashing frequently and...
  4. Frequent BSODs since new cpu installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODs since new cpu installation.: A couple weeks ago, I installed a new cpu, and ever since then, I've been having frequent bluescreens that I haven't been able to diagnose myself. I installed the appropriate drivers for my chipset after the first couple of errors, but I've still been crashing frequently and...
  5. Frequent BSODs since new cpu installation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Constant BSOD ever since installing new motherboard/case

Constant BSOD ever since installing new motherboard/case: Hello, I was sent a link here from a Microsoft forum I posted, and I am exhausted. Almost 2 weeks ago, I received a new motherboard, some fans, CPU cooler, case and an SSD to upgrade my PC with. The parts I was reusing from my PC were my cpu, ram, hdd/two ssds, power supply...
  7. Getting BSODs since I installed new CPU and SSD

Getting BSODs since I installed new CPU and SSD: I keep getting BSODs after installing new SSDSamsung EVO 860 and CPU i5 4670. I have reinstalled fresh install and updated Windows 10, updated all my drivers and firmware of SSD. The crashes have mostly happened while playing CS:GO 3 times and one time while using Zoom. My...
  8. multiple BSOD's ever since i built my new

multiple BSOD's ever since i built my new: Hi, Long story short, 2 days ago i built my new pc and ever since I've been struggling with BSoD's all over the place, crashes immediately when i join a CSGO game, and sometimes crashes even when i'm just browsing. The crashes are mostly - MEMORY_MANAGEMENT ,...
  9. Problems ever since installing new memory and GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems ever since installing new memory and GPU: So I originally had an older GPU (forgot the model, but it was NVIDIA) everything worked fine. After installing it, my PC starts most of the time, however, sometimes it will just sit there with a blinking underscore. I have a Samsung 250GB SSD, as well as a HDD. I keep...
  10. Problems ever since installing new memory and GPU

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems ever since installing new memory and GPU: So I originally had an older GPU (forgot the model, but it was NVIDIA) everything worked fine. After installing it, my PC starts most of the time, however, sometimes it will just sit there with a blinking underscore. I have a Samsung 250GB SSD, as well as a HDD. I keep...