Windows 10: BSOD even after Resetting/System Restore.

Discus and support BSOD even after Resetting/System Restore. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello!This started happening recently where my PC would seemingly randomly BSOD https://i.gyazo.com/ae293392fc770b1b9d8f162e5ce1131f.jpg image of it. .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Christere Chang, Dec 13, 2023.

1. BSOD even after Resetting/System Restore.

Hello!This started happening recently where my PC would seemingly randomly BSOD https://i.gyazo.com/ae293392fc770b1b9d8f162e5ce1131f.jpg image of it. . It happens out of nowhere. Initially I thought it was due to a specific app/game I was using since the first 3-4 times it happened was when it was running. But now it is BSOD'ing even when I'm not doing anything at all.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 0xffffe0806e3fd124, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff801a3

:)

Christere Chang, Dec 13, 2023
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Failed to perform System Restore and Reset.

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the mouse only during reset/recovery process of the system. Let me assist you.

To assist you better, write back to us with the following information.

• Why exactly you are trying to perform system reset? Are you getting any error code, when trying to perform system reset?

• What is the make and model of your system?

I suggest you to try creating system restore point manually and check if the restore point is visible or not.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17127/windows-back-up-restore

Refer to the section: Create Restore Point.

As you are also unable to perform system reset, I suggest you to try resetting system using windows 10 installation media and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

Refer: Reset your PC and Use installation media to restore or reset your PC.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Dec 13, 2023
  3. jellyroll Win User
    How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CBSOD even after Resetting/System Restore. :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CBSOD even after Resetting/System Restore. :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Dec 13, 2023
  4. thebuddha Win User

BSOD even after Resetting/System Restore.

If a system restore restores the registry to how it was before, then how come a trial version of a program does not reset?

I do the following in the given order:

1. Create a system restore point. There is a note of what the registry looks like
    2. Download a program which has a trial of X days
    3. When that trial runs out, use system restore to return to the previous point before the program installation

After these steps, the trial for the program does not reset, even though the registry returned to how it was before. Why is this?

thebuddha, Dec 13, 2023
Thema:

BSOD even after Resetting/System Restore.

1. BSOD even after Resetting/System Restore. - Similar Threads - BSOD Resetting System

2. BSOD even after Resetting/System Restore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD even after Resetting/System Restore.: Hello!This started happening recently where my PC would seemingly randomly BSOD https://i.gyazo.com/ae293392fc770b1b9d8f162e5ce1131f.jpg image of it. . It happens out of nowhere. Initially I thought it was due to a specific app/game I was using since the first 3-4 times it...
  3. BSoD even after system reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD even after system reset: Hi,I've had my Lenovo Laptop with Windows 11 for a little of a year now. Recently it will crash periodically every couple hours with either "bad pool caller" and "kernel mode heap corruption. I though an entire system reboot would solve the problem but it did not. I have also...
  4. BSoD even after system reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD even after system reset: Hi,I've had my Lenovo Laptop with Windows 11 for a little of a year now. Recently it will crash periodically every couple hours with either "bad pool caller" and "kernel mode heap corruption. I though an entire system reboot would solve the problem but it did not. I have also...
  5. Bosd even after system restore.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bosd even after system restore.: Hello so I've recently just built my first gaming PC and it turned out great! But since recently I've gotten the BOSD error so far the most common stop code has been this one right here the driver not less or equal. I've ran several disk checks, ran the windows driver...
  6. Running into BSOD, even after reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Running into BSOD, even after reset: Hi, I am running into BSOD even after windows reset, below are the details from the debugger. Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.19041.1 X86 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\083020-11812-01.dmp]...
  7. BSODs Even after doing a system reset

BSODs Even after doing a system reset: Hello, For maybe around a month now, I have been having constant BSODs and attempting to fix it myself hasn't been very productive. Note: These BSODs only occur whenever I play a game, mainly Monster Hunter: World. I've tried doing a windows restore using a flashdrive, and...
  8. Constant BSOD even after system reset

Constant BSOD even after system reset: Hello. For months I have been suffering from constant BSODs, especially when playing games, but it can happen at random too. I recently made a system reset hoping it would fix the problem, but when I tried playing one of the games that used to cause me a great amount of...
  9. Recurring BSODs, even after reset.

Recurring BSODs, even after reset.: I have been getting multiple BSODs on my computer, during normal use. The errors show mostly CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED or UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION. I then did tests on my RAM, HDD, ran SFC, DISM and reinstalled drivers. I still got them after that, so I got fed up and did a...
  10. BSOD's randomly, even in system restore/reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD's randomly, even in system restore/reset: Memory management BSOD's and such, even when trying to attempt to factory reset and system restores. Even getting errors when trying to do the current Windows update. Here are the logs, please help. This PC is only 4 months old....