Windows 10: BSOD after testing fan speed and GPU driver updates

Discus and support BSOD after testing fan speed and GPU driver updates in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all,I've been getting daily BSOD 's starting a few weeks back when running some diagnostic tools. I suspected my GPU fan wasn't spinning and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by xbob1819, Jan 18, 2023.

1. xbob1819 Win User

BSOD after testing fan speed and GPU driver updates

Hello all,I've been getting daily BSOD 's starting a few weeks back when running some diagnostic tools. I suspected my GPU fan wasn't spinning and things were running too hot. After updating the Nvidia GPU driver and utility programs, it went back to spinning fine, temps were also better. However, that's when the BSOD started. Since then, I've updated BIOS, fully reinstalled both GPU drivers Intel and Nvidia, updated drivers of wifi, bluetooth... But the problem persists. Event viewer shows DCOM warnings around the time of BSOD and critical errors mentioning WudfRd.Latest minidump file is qu

:)

xbob1819, Jan 18, 2023
  2. Geosammy Win User

Fans of GPU at FULL SPEED

You might be able to use Open Hardware Monitor.
    To manually change the fan speed.
    I'm not sure if it will works with your ATI Radeon HD 5770 GPU, but I know it works with my GPU.
    Here's a screenshot of it on my system.
    With the fan controls open.

BSOD after testing fan speed and GPU driver updates 172294d1515812892t-fans-gpu-full-speed-ohm_screenshot.png

Geosammy, Jan 18, 2023
  3. hostelo Win User
    Fans of GPU at FULL SPEED

Tried this too
    GPU shows up and controls too....but same as with the AMD software....I move the fan speeds but nothing happens.
    It stays at full blast

BSOD after testing fan speed and GPU driver updates 172364d1515856915t-fans-gpu-full-speed-1.png

hostelo, Jan 18, 2023
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 18, 2023
Thema:

1. BSOD after testing fan speed and GPU driver updates - Similar Threads - BSOD testing fan

2. fan speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fan speed: I have an hp pavilion X360 - M3 - U101DX and I would like to get rid of "cool sense" and then set the fan speed manually. I have searched on line and just was sent in circles. Can you help?...
  3. bsod after updating Windows and Gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bsod after updating Windows and Gpu drivers: Randomly out of the blue my pc has started having BSOD's all with the same "memory_management" error, this has only started happening after i updated my windows 11 to the latest version, and updating my gpu to the newest driver. I have the text from the dump file though i...
  4. bsod after updating Windows and Gpu drivers

bsod after updating Windows and Gpu drivers: Randomly out of the blue my pc has started having BSOD's all with the same "memory_management" error, this has only started happening after i updated my windows 11 to the latest version, and updating my gpu to the newest driver. I have the text from the dump file though i...
  5. Fan Speed

Fan Speed: I have Dell Vostro 15 5415 and the only time it's fans ever go 100% speeds is during a bios update. The laptop goes >95 degrees in workload. Is there a way to speed up the fans at a critical temperature, say 85 degrees? Also, it is safe to do so?...
  6. BSOD after testing fan speed and GPU driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after testing fan speed and GPU driver updates: Hello all,I've been getting daily BSOD 's starting a few weeks back when running some diagnostic tools. I suspected my GPU fan wasn't spinning and things were running too hot. After updating the Nvidia GPU driver and utility programs, it went back to spinning fine, temps were...
  7. BSOD after testing fan speed and GPU driver updates

BSOD after testing fan speed and GPU driver updates: Hello all,I've been getting daily BSOD 's starting a few weeks back when running some diagnostic tools. I suspected my GPU fan wasn't spinning and things were running too hot. After updating the Nvidia GPU driver and utility programs, it went back to spinning fine, temps were...
  8. fan speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fan speed: how do i change my fan speed to make it less noisy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan-speed/648babaa-d938-430d-8685-38b3bbedaf9c
  9. Unstable fan speed after 1803 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unstable fan speed after 1803 update: Actually, I might be imagining things. But I am noticing my CPU fan is running erratically. I have the PM set to balance. I have a custom desktop. Specs are Asus Sabertooth Z170s, i5 6600K 4.2 ghz using a Coolmaster EVO cooler. 16 gigs DDR4-3000 (2 x 8 gig sticks), Gigabyte...
  10. Fans of GPU at FULL SPEED

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Fans of GPU at FULL SPEED: Hi all, I did a clean install of windows 10 about 2 months ago. Everything was fine till all of a sudden I came home one day and found my GPUs fan at full blast making some real good noise. Turned off the computer, checked the card, cleaned it (pressurized air) and put...