Windows 10: Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network

Discus and support Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I recently got the Brother Printer MFC-L3720CDW and setting up the printer and its functions were simple enough - but when attempting to set up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mike Argyrou, Apr 23, 2024.

1. Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network

Hello,I recently got the Brother Printer MFC-L3720CDW and setting up the printer and its functions were simple enough - but when attempting to set up the scanner through going to the printer IP address and that route - it is much more challenging. It is asking me for the Domain Name and password but when I enter this I continue to get an error message see below. How do I find my exact domain name to enter and password? It is asking for the domain name in this format:Any assistance would be helpful - I am trying to be able to scan documents directly to a folder on my PC - but this has been

:)

Mike Argyrou, Apr 23, 2024

2. Network Scanning with Brother MFC-8870DW

I have a Brother MFC-8870DW Printer/Scanner/Fax. Prior to upgrading to Windows 10 I was able to print and scan over the network. After upgrading to Windows 10 I can only print over the network. I can only scan if I am directly connected to the device with
    a USB cable.

I contacted Brother about the issue and they told me that Microsoft is responsible for the functionality of the built-in driver starting with Windows 8. Does Microsoft have a driver or application that allows network scanning with the Brother MFC-8870DW?

RobertGerovski, Apr 23, 2024
  3. Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW

My Brothers printer and scanner No. MFC-J6510DW. I am able to print a document but not able to scan a document. This is a new laptop which does not show the scan function. How do I get this to work?

wilfred lowe, Apr 23, 2024
  4. MikeR Win User

Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network

Windows 10 computer recognizes Brother MFC printer on network but not the scanner part??

Windows 10 Laptop computer recognizes Brother MFC printer on network but not the scanner part??

MikeR, Apr 23, 2024
Thema:

Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network

1. Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network - Similar Threads - Brother Printer Scanner

2. Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network: Hello,I recently got the Brother Printer MFC-L3720CDW and setting up the printer and its functions were simple enough - but when attempting to set up the scanner through going to the printer IP address and that route - it is much more challenging. It is asking me for the...
  3. Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW: My Brothers printer and scanner No. MFC-J6510DW. I am able to print a document but not able to scan a document. This is a new laptop which does not show the scan function. How do I get this to work?...
  4. Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW: My Brothers printer and scanner No. MFC-J6510DW. I am able to print a document but not able to scan a document. This is a new laptop which does not show the scan function. How do I get this to work?...
  5. Brother MFC L6800 Scanner not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother MFC L6800 Scanner not working: I am running windows 10 and have a Brother MFC L6800 printer/scanner. I have scanned many things on this computer last week. Today it says connect a scanner to get started. I'm using the windows scan app from the Microsoft store. In my settings it says it is connected for...
  6. Brother MFC L6800 Scanner not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother MFC L6800 Scanner not working: I am running windows 10 and have a Brother MFC L6800 printer/scanner. I have scanned many things on this computer last week. Today it says connect a scanner to get started. I'm using the windows scan app from the Microsoft store. In my settings it says it is connected for...
  7. Brother Printer MFC-J220

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brother Printer MFC-J220: Brother Printer MFC-J220 still not working and now am getting messages that there's an error in Windows. I was following on from another Brother printer help. Why can't Microsoft send the update to correct this problem. In a way I'm glad I'm not on my own but come on...
  8. Brother MFC-465CN Printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brother MFC-465CN Printer: Hi there, since 2 days ago when Microsoft 365 was updated, I can no longer print but I can still scan. TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-mfc-465cn-printer/c38e4789-4843-4cac-9aae-42560fce4134
  9. Brothers MFC-885CW printer

Brothers MFC-885CW printer: I try reconnecting to WIFI with no luck. I tried all trouble shooting methods, to no avail. When I do port configuration it gives me a message that an error occurred during port configuration. Any help would be much appreciated....
  10. Brother printer MFC-J6730DW

Brother printer MFC-J6730DW: Loading A3 paper into front of machine tray 2 in portrait position. Detailing landscape print on full page but will only print landscape across A3 page. Have tried to rotate image before print but no change. Please help....