Windows 10: Broken GPU

Discus and support Broken GPU in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I was cleaning my Internal parts of my Computer. When I accidently hit the Graphics card when I was reconnecting my RAM, Now when I start my PC it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ThundY, Dec 24, 2022.

1. ThundY Win User

Broken GPU

So I was cleaning my Internal parts of my Computer. When I accidently hit the Graphics card when I was reconnecting my RAM, Now when I start my PC it won't boot but the fans are spinning. How do I fix this?

:)

ThundY, Dec 24, 2022
  2. axe0 Win User

B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

I would like to suggest 2 more things if you don't mind,
    1. Seat the GPU in another slot, if possible, and see if that helps anything
    2. Use the GPU in another system, if possible, this is a step to determine that it is really the GPU and not multiple defective slots or something else from the system.

3. Pipps Win User
    Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Dec 24, 2022
  4. TomWoB Win User

Broken GPU

LogViewer for GPU-Z available !

I tried Nvidia Inspector (which is very close to GPU-Z), but it logs with a different column delimiter. With the following steps you can "convert" a Nvidia Inspector logfile into a GPU-Z logfile:

• open Nvidia Inspector logfile (typically "NVIDIA_Inspector-MonitoringLog_....csv") in a good text-editor (UltraEdit ,...)
    • find/replace column delimiter: find all semicolon ';' and replace them with comma ',' (in a good text editor you can do this in one step "replace all")
    • save changed logfile with extension ".txt"
    Now you can open the saved logfile as a "GPU-Z logfile" !

TomWoB, Dec 24, 2022
Thema:

Broken GPU

1. Broken GPU - Similar Threads - Broken GPU

2. Windows 11 keeps installing outdated/broken AMD GPU drivers via Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps installing outdated/broken AMD GPU drivers via Windows Update: There is this ongoing bug in Windows 11 where it keeps replacing the AMD GPU drivers with old ones all the damn time. I tried to disable the automatic device driver update but it does not do anything at all. The only thing that helps is to pause the updates for 6 weeks. This...
  3. Windows 11 keeps installing outdated/broken AMD GPU drivers via Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keeps installing outdated/broken AMD GPU drivers via Windows Update: There is this ongoing bug in Windows 11 where it keeps replacing the AMD GPU drivers with old ones all the damn time. I tried to disable the automatic device driver update but it does not do anything at all. The only thing that helps is to pause the updates for 6 weeks. This...
  4. is my gpu broken or am i doing something wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is my gpu broken or am i doing something wrong: so i got a used computer from my cousin a few days ago and the graphics card/drivers gtx 750 has had an error 43, I've uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers through DDU and through normal device manager and Nvidia, when I try to update my drivers it says the update is...
  5. is my gpu broken or am i doing something wrong

is my gpu broken or am i doing something wrong: so i got a used computer from my cousin a few days ago and the graphics card/drivers gtx 750 has had an error 43, I've uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers through DDU and through normal device manager and Nvidia, when I try to update my drivers it says the update is...
  6. is my gpu broken or am i doing something wrong

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows keeps enabling my broken GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps enabling my broken GPU: I disabled my GPU device manager because it was not working it was bootlooping, bluescreening. i was still on windows 7 Then i dualbooted my computer with Ubuntu linux 22.04 and it was working? so i tried windows 8.1 that did not work, Then i tried windows 10 it did not work....
  8. Windows keeps enabling my broken GPU

Windows keeps enabling my broken GPU: I disabled my GPU device manager because it was not working it was bootlooping, bluescreening. i was still on windows 7 Then i dualbooted my computer with Ubuntu linux 22.04 and it was working? so i tried windows 8.1 that did not work, Then i tried windows 10 it did not work....
  9. Windows keeps enabling my broken GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Broken GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken GPU: So I was cleaning my Internal parts of my Computer. When I accidently hit the Graphics card when I was reconnecting my RAM, Now when I start my PC it won't boot but the fans are spinning. How do I fix this?...