Windows 10: Broken Downloads Folder

Discus and support Broken Downloads Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I open my downloads folder it says working on it and stops responding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AustinReid3, May 25, 2021.

1. Broken Downloads Folder

Whenever I open my downloads folder it says working on it and stops responding

:)

AustinReid3, May 25, 2021

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 25, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, May 25, 2021
  4. Broken Downloads Folder

Broken contacts folder

Hi,

For us to provide the next steps needed to resolve this issue, we would like to gather more information:

• How long have you been running your computer with the latest update?
    • What are the contents of your Contacts folder previously?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, May 25, 2021
Thema:

Broken Downloads Folder

1. Broken Downloads Folder - Similar Threads - Broken Downloads Folder

2. Downloads Folder Broken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads Folder Broken: In File Explorer, I right-clicked the Downloads folder and clicked Properties. Then, I went to Advanced and either clicked "Encrypt contents to secure data" or "Compress contents to save disk space." I then clicked Cancel while it was in the middle of doing it, and it broke....
  3. Downloads Folder Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Folder Broken: In File Explorer, I right-clicked the Downloads folder and clicked Properties. Then, I went to Advanced and either clicked "Encrypt contents to secure data" or "Compress contents to save disk space." I then clicked Cancel while it was in the middle of doing it, and it broke....
  4. Downloads Folder Broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store download broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store download broken: My microsoft store is broken. When I tap get, it says I own the app and when I press install, nothing happens. I've also tried resetting microsoft store, redownload etc. nothing is working. May someone please assist me? Windows 10...
  6. Microsoft Store download broken

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store download broken: My microsoft store is broken. When I tap get, it says I own the app and when I press install, nothing happens. I've also tried resetting microsoft store, redownload etc. nothing is working. May someone please assist me? Windows 10...
  7. Download Broken :

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download Broken :: evertyime I try to download a folder that is unzipped with 7zip it keeps trying to make me install 7zip again.. I don't know why and I have already uninstalled 7zip and reinstalled it. how do I fix, yes?...
  8. wushowhide.diagcab download link broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wushowhide.diagcab download link broken: The download link for wushowhide.diagcab at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-driver-update-from-reinstalling-in-windows-10-17df0ef3-7480-36e9-0ed9-118351398897 does not seem to be working for me. I've tried on multiple browsers and in...
  9. Copying and downloading files is broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Copying and downloading files is broken: Okay so, I bought a 1TB usb 1 week ago I'm having this problem always, and I can't find any solutions for this When I copy a folder with files, the result of the folder in the usb is always folder is empty.. This is a screenshot of the problem: [ATTACH] I also tried...
  10. Broken no name folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken no name folders: [ATTACH] I can't open them from here but I can still acces them so they are not corrupted. I've got no idea what this is. https://preview.redd.it/x1sqlesgcie41.png?width=1919&format=png&auto=webp&s=1573f641796273fee707fe2133fde5160f86dcf3 submitted by /u/_Vali35_...