Windows 10: Brightness will not change on my HP Victus Laptop Windows 11.

Discus and support Brightness will not change on my HP Victus Laptop Windows 11. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, no matter what I seem to do I can't get my brightness to change on my system, be it through the function keys, the brightness slider in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Forgetfull81, May 29, 2024.

1. Brightness will not change on my HP Victus Laptop Windows 11.

Hello, no matter what I seem to do I can't get my brightness to change on my system, be it through the function keys, the brightness slider in the mini-display when you click on the bottom right, or through the settings. I have a Victus HP Gaming Laptop 15 with an AMD Ryzen 5 7535HS and an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2050. I last used the laptop a few days ago and when I started the laptop today I first noticed the issue when I tried changing the brightness after start-up. I tried updating the drivers on it and that did not seem to fix the issue. I have also disabled and re-enabled the Display adaptors

:)

Forgetfull81, May 29, 2024

2. Brightness will not change on my HP Victus Laptop (Windows 11).

Hello, no matter what I seem to do I can't get my brightness to change on my system, be it through the function keys, the brightness slider in the mini-display when you click on the bottom right, or through the settings. I have a Victus HP Gaming Laptop 15 with an AMD Ryzen 5 7535HS and an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2050. I last used the laptop a few days ago and when I started the laptop today I first noticed the issue when I tried changing the brightness after start-up. I tried updating the drivers on it and that did not seem to fix the issue. I have also disabled and re-enabled the Display adaptors and Monitor through the Device Manager but that also did not work. I have restarted the laptop and that did not work, I even updated the laptop with the new windows update that appeared but that also did not work.

Forgetfull81, May 29, 2024
  3. Mr W4ffl3 Win User
    My HP Victus Laptop can't update Windows 11 anymore

Hey, I have a laptop with a broken screen and ever since I've updated to Windows 11, I can no longer download updates from the Windows Update tab in settings. This also forbids me from using Microsoft Store in some way. I've tried things like factory resetting my laptop or downgrading to Windows 10, but repeatedly get denied every time I try.

My laptop: HP - Victus 16.1" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 - 256GB SSD (Model Number: 16-d0013dx)

Mr W4ffl3, May 29, 2024
  4. Swapna S Win User

Brightness will not change on my HP Victus Laptop Windows 11.

Changing laptop brightness.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might be related to Display adapter.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions:

1) How exactly you are trying to change the screen brightness?

2) Do you get any error message, when trying to change the brightness?

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: updating the display adapter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Expand the Display adapter.
    • Right click on the driver and select
      Update driver software
    For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...d4-a109-221bd8a32fca/change-screen-brightness

Please get back to us, if you are facing issue
    in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, May 29, 2024
Thema:

Brightness will not change on my HP Victus Laptop Windows 11.

1. Brightness will not change on my HP Victus Laptop Windows 11. - Similar Threads - Brightness change Victus

2. windows 11 laptop display/screen randomly freezes permanently hp victus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 laptop display/screen randomly freezes permanently hp victus: Computer:HP Victus 15 LaptopWindows 11Version: 10.0.22621 Build 22621 Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 7535HS with Radeon Graphics, 3301 Mhz, 6 Cores, 12 Logical Processors GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2050RAM: 16 GB DDR5Refresh Rate: 144 HzIssue:The screen will randomly freeze: get stuck...
  3. windows 11 laptop display/screen randomly freezes permanently hp victus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 laptop display/screen randomly freezes permanently hp victus: Computer:HP Victus 15 LaptopWindows 11Version: 10.0.22621 Build 22621 Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 7535HS with Radeon Graphics, 3301 Mhz, 6 Cores, 12 Logical Processors GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2050RAM: 16 GB DDR5Refresh Rate: 144 HzIssue:The screen will randomly freeze: get stuck...
  4. Brightness will not change on my HP Victus Laptop Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness will not change on my HP Victus Laptop Windows 11.: Hello, no matter what I seem to do I can't get my brightness to change on my system, be it through the function keys, the brightness slider in the mini-display when you click on the bottom right, or through the settings. I have a Victus HP Gaming Laptop 15 with an AMD Ryzen 5...
  5. My HP Victus Laptop can't update Windows 11 anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP Victus Laptop can't update Windows 11 anymore: Hey, I have a laptop with a broken screen and ever since I've updated to Windows 11, I can no longer download updates from the Windows Update tab in settings. This also forbids me from using Microsoft Store in some way. I've tried things like factory resetting my laptop or...
  6. My HP Victus Laptop can't update Windows 11 anymore

My HP Victus Laptop can't update Windows 11 anymore: Hey, I have a laptop with a broken screen and ever since I've updated to Windows 11, I can no longer download updates from the Windows Update tab in settings. This also forbids me from using Microsoft Store in some way. I've tried things like factory resetting my laptop or...
  7. Brightness doesn't change on windows 11 laptop

Brightness doesn't change on windows 11 laptop: Hello!My laptop does not change the brightness of the screen. The slider itself is present, but nothing happens by dragging it. The Fn brightness keys have the same effect: visually the slider appears, as if the brightness has changed, but nothing actually happens. All...
  8. Brightness doesn't change on windows 11 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness doesn't change on windows 11 laptop: Hello!My laptop does not change the brightness of the screen. The slider itself is present, but nothing happens by dragging it. The Fn brightness keys have the same effect: visually the slider appears, as if the brightness has changed, but nothing actually happens. All...
  9. Cannot change the brightness of my HP Pavilion 132tx laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change the brightness of my HP Pavilion 132tx laptop: I am encountering this problem since few days on my HP Pavilion 132tx laptop. The problem is that i am not able to change the brightness of my laptop. I tried doing it using the slider in the settings as well as from the keyboard keys but nothing worked. The slider showed...
  10. HP Laptop Brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Laptop Brightness: The brightness on my laptop ( HP 15 15-g029wm) seems to be stuck on max. The hot keys (f2 and f3) are not working to adjust the brightness levels, there is also no where in the settings to adjust this issue either. All display drivers have been updated (post issue) and this...