Windows 10: Bought new computer it’s loaded with windows 11 pro but licensed with windows 11 home and...

Discus and support Bought new computer it’s loaded with windows 11 pro but licensed with windows 11 home and... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Bought new laptop from Walmart online store was supposed to com with windows 11home but could not activate because it was loaded with windows 11pro and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by phillip 123qx, Nov 26, 2023.

1. Bought new computer it’s loaded with windows 11 pro but licensed with windows 11 home and...

Bought new laptop from Walmart online store was supposed to com with windows 11home but could not activate because it was loaded with windows 11pro and I received no response from seller how can I fix without spending more money.?

:)

phillip 123qx, Nov 26, 2023

2. Free upgrade from Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro using 10 Pro retail license

My current computer has an activated Windows 10 Pro retail license. I'm planning to replace my current computer by buying a new computer that comes preinstalled with Windows 11 Home, and then I understand I can use my 10 Pro license to upgrade to 11 Pro for free.

What's the most straightforward way of accomplishing this? The obvious approach that comes to mind involves two steps:

1. Reinstall Windows 10 Pro on new computer and activate with my existing retail license.
    2. Upgrade new computer to 11 Pro for free through the settings.
    Is there a simpler way of doing this without having to reinstall Windows 10? For example, would it be possible to somehow "trade in" my Windows 10 Pro license for 11 Pro? I'm fairly new to Windows licensing and am just trying to understand what is possible/best practice, with minimal effort.

Zachary100, Nov 26, 2023
  3. Transfer Windows 11 Pro License from one computer to a new computer with Windows 11 Home

I have a Dell XPS 13 with Windows 11 Pro. This computer was upgraded from Windows 10 Pro. The License is a digital license (and NOT linked to any Microsoft account) and "slmgr /dvl" says Product Key Channel: Retail. The hardware is failing on the XPS, so I ordered an Asus Zenbook 14 Flip with Windows 11 Home installed. The Asus laptop has a 1Tb drive and I am going to be upgrading the drive to 4Tb. I will be reinstalling Windows 11 on the new drive. My end goal is to have Windows 11 Pro activated on the Asus w/ the 4Tb SSD.

Is there a way to transfer my Windows 11 Pro license from the Dell XPS to the new install on the Asus? Or do I need to activate the Windows 11 Home and upgrade to Pro from the Microsoft store?

Thanks,

Travis

Travis Lesicka, Nov 26, 2023
  4. JosephT71 Win User

Bought new computer it’s loaded with windows 11 pro but licensed with windows 11 home and...

windows 11 pro

The more important question is whether your base license is OEM and whether you want to transfer the license in the future to a new computer.

If you bought a Dell computer with OEM Windows 10 Home, then upgrade for free to OEM Windows 11 Home --- buying an $100 US upgrade to Windows 11 Pro will make your license OEM Windows 11 Pro. This is a non-transferable license.

If you want a transferable license, then you have to buy the full $200 US Windows 11 Pro license.

JosephT71, Nov 26, 2023
Thema:

Bought new computer it’s loaded with windows 11 pro but licensed with windows 11 home and...

1. Bought new computer it’s loaded with windows 11 pro but licensed with windows 11 home and... - Similar Threads - Bought computer it’s

2. Bought new digital license of Windows 11 Home and cannot activate it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought new digital license of Windows 11 Home and cannot activate it: Hello,Today I bought a digital license of Windows 11 Home in the official Microsoft store. When I am trying to enter the key into the activation window it says I recently changed my hardware. How can that be with a new key? I am waiting for the support to call me, but until...
  3. Bought new digital license of Windows 11 Home and cannot activate it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bought new digital license of Windows 11 Home and cannot activate it: Hello,Today I bought a digital license of Windows 11 Home in the official Microsoft store. When I am trying to enter the key into the activation window it says I recently changed my hardware. How can that be with a new key? I am waiting for the support to call me, but until...
  4. Bought new computer it’s loaded with windows 11 pro but licensed with windows 11 home and...

Bought new computer it’s loaded with windows 11 pro but licensed with windows 11 home and...: Bought new laptop from Walmart online store was supposed to com with windows 11home but could not activate because it was loaded with windows 11pro and I received no response from seller how can I fix without spending more money.?...
  5. Transfer Windows 11 Pro License from one computer to a new computer with Windows 11 Home

Transfer Windows 11 Pro License from one computer to a new computer with Windows 11 Home: I have a Dell XPS 13 with Windows 11 Pro. This computer was upgraded from Windows 10 Pro. The License is a digital license and NOT linked to any Microsoft account and "slmgr /dvl" says Product Key Channel: Retail. The hardware is failing on the XPS, so I ordered an Asus...
  6. Transfer Windows 11 Pro License from one computer to a new computer with Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 11 Pro License from one computer to a new computer with Windows 11 Home: I have a Dell XPS 13 with Windows 11 Pro. This computer was upgraded from Windows 10 Pro. The License is a digital license and NOT linked to any Microsoft account and "slmgr /dvl" says Product Key Channel: Retail. The hardware is failing on the XPS, so I ordered an Asus...
  7. Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license to a new Windows 11 home pc

Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license to a new Windows 11 home pc: I upgraded my old windows 11 home laptop to windows 11 pro. I would like to transfer my Windows 11 pro digital license to a new laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-1011-pro-digital-license-to-a-new/d90c21a3-a5c4-4575-82ed-f5ca816c7c77
  8. Windows 10 Pro license to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro license to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro: As per title, my work got a laptop for a staff member which came with windows 11 home, but we need Win 11 pro to set up domain. Does buying and using a Win 10 Pro license in the "settings > activation > change product key" dialog correctly upgrade this windows 11...
  9. Windows 10 Pro license to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro

Windows 10 Pro license to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro: As per title, my work got a laptop for a staff member which came with windows 11 home, but we need Win 11 pro to set up domain. Does buying and using a Win 10 Pro license in the "settings > activation > change product key" dialog correctly upgrade this windows 11...
  10. Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license to a new Windows 11 home pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license to a new Windows 11 home pc: Hi all,I have recently upgraded my Windows 10 home pc to Windows 10 pro via a digital license bought from the Microsoft store named Windows 10/11 Pro.I would like to:1. transfer that pro digital license to my new Windows 11 Home pc in a few days once my new pc arrives, and...