Windows 10: Booting problem when trying to boot from USB

Discus and support Booting problem when trying to boot from USB in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello!My friend and i have been trying for a couple of days to upgrade this old pc with Windows XP Professional edition, to Windows 10.When we boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by fMatt, Feb 22, 2023.

1. fMatt Win User

Booting problem when trying to boot from USB

Hello!My friend and i have been trying for a couple of days to upgrade this old pc with Windows XP Professional edition, to Windows 10.When we boot from the USB, a black screen with a cursor appears. A couple of minutes 5-15 anywhere in between go by, and the pc restarts itself.We've already tried resetting the usb and it sadly did not work. We're trying to do this with NTFS, via BIOS, because non-legacy boot is not available on the pc sadly.Could anyone help us please?

:)

fMatt, Feb 22, 2023
  2. Mussels Win User

Problems booting to Dos in Vista 64

the problem is that you're choosing USB HDD. you need to choose HDD, and then pick the USB drive from the list.

THe problem is not vista, its gigabytes illogical BIOS boot menu.

Mussels, Feb 22, 2023
  3. D-rock Win User
    Help with USB Boot Image

I am trying to boot from my USB flash drive. I followed the instructions step for step that are in the article on this website. I downloaded the HP program and the USB Image zip file. I ran the HP flash program and pointed it to the folder where I unzipped the USB Image files to. I then copied all the files over to the USB memory stick as instructed. When I restart my computer and press F12 to go to the boot menu I have 3 options: SATA hard drive, CD-ROM drive, or USB Device. So I choose USB device and when it reads the USB memory stick all I get is the error "Non-system disk, replace and hit any key" Its like the USB memory is missing some system files or it doesnt have the master boot record or something. Somebody please HELP!!! I want to flash the bios in a new video card and I have to boot to DOS and I dont have a floppy drive and I have Win XP so a USB boot is probably the best option I have.

D-rock, Feb 22, 2023
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

Booting from USB on x38 Motherboard, NOT?

Typically the USB should be listed under the hard drive boot order. Set your "Boot Device Priority" to HDD first, then set the hard drive boot order to the USB stick first.

Booting problem when trying to boot from USB bios_asus-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Feb 22, 2023
Thema:

1. Booting problem when trying to boot from USB - Similar Threads - Booting problem trying

2. BSOD after trying to boot from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after trying to boot from USB: I recently had an issue where my PC wouldn't boot into windows. I would get to the recovery page but nothing further.I decided to completely erase my windows from my machine and try restart from scratch. I had an old windows 10 boot usb so i tried giving it a whirl. I have...
  3. Booting problem when trying to boot from USB

Booting problem when trying to boot from USB: Hello!My friend and i have been trying for a couple of days to upgrade this old pc with Windows XP Professional edition, to Windows 10.When we boot from the USB, a black screen with a cursor appears. A couple of minutes 5-15 anywhere in between go by, and the pc restarts...
  4. Boot error when booting from USB - 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot error when booting from USB - 0xc000000f: Hello all,I have a boot issue on my laptop.When trying to boot from a USB, which I have created on the MS site https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10, then I receive the following error message"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change...
  5. Boot error when booting from USB - 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot error when booting from USB - 0xc000000f: Hello all,I have a boot issue on my laptop.When trying to boot from a USB, which I have created on the MS site https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10, then I receive the following error message"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change...
  6. Boot error when booting from USB - 0xc000000f

7. Infinite boot loop when trying to boot from usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Infinite boot loop when trying to boot from usb: So i have a Lenovo whatever laptop and i want to do a clean os install. I entered the BIOS and made this **** piece of **** to boot from usb, but once the windows logo appears it reboots itself. I've tried both Legacy and UEFI boot options also i was trying to disable secure...
  8. Keeps trying to boot from USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keeps trying to boot from USB: Am trying to use the Windows Backup app to backup my files. I have my files backed up to an external SSD through a USB. When I boot my computer, it keeps trying to boot from the USB drive, saying something along the lines of "Starting Windows Recovery" or something like...
  9. Boot loop while trying to boot from USB.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot loop while trying to boot from USB.: Hi, so I picked up a Dell Dimension 5150 from a friend because he didn’t use it anymore and I found that it had no OS installed. So I tried using a USB to boot Windows 10 onto it and its stuck in a booting loop and won’t go any further. Any tips or things i’m doing wrong?...
  10. So I tried to boot from USB

in Windows 10 Support
    So I tried to boot from USB: I saw a tutorial to boot from USB, and installed the code on the USB. The issue is with the next step. I changed the UEFI settings and turned off secure boot, turned on boot from legacy ROM, and then turned on legacy boot mode. I got into a Linux console saying that I was...