Windows 10: booting problem: remove the hard drive A, put a new one B, installed a linux, remove the...

Discus and support booting problem: remove the hard drive A, put a new one B, installed a linux, remove the... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, needs help with booting problem: remove the hard drive A which is windows, put a new one B, installed a Linux on B, remove the hard drive B, put... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Feng Wu1, Jul 22, 2024.

1. Feng Wu1 Win User

booting problem: remove the hard drive A, put a new one B, installed a linux, remove the...

Hi, needs help with booting problem: remove the hard drive A which is windows, put a new one B, installed a Linux on B, remove the hard drive B, put back A, it no longer boots.Could you please help?

:)

Feng Wu1, Jul 22, 2024
  2. k8ctt Win User

Remove Linux and install Win 10

I have a ThinkPenquin Linux laptop that runs Mint 17.1 only and has a solid state hard-drive.

I want to totally remove Linux Mint and install Windows 10 from USB flash drive.

Not sure of the steps to do this. Help!

k8ctt, Jul 22, 2024
  3. xfire Win User
    remove linux and reinstall vista ultimate

Ubuntu=Live CD->7 installation steps where partitioning is done automaticall.
    Windows= Many steps+ selecting the drive to instal to.

and the part where you said you should never make linux your sole OS angered me.
    Also, you can install windows over linux and then put grub back to make it dual boot. Just use gparted to resize the drive. Then install windows on the new partition. Use super grub disk to restore grub.

xfire, Jul 22, 2024
  4. booting problem: remove the hard drive A, put a new one B, installed a linux, remove the...

Remove Linux installation from Windows10 machine

Hi Riff,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, I will be glad to assist you.

The process is actually quite simple.

Note: Before you start, make sure you have an up-to-date backup of the system you want to keep. If you make one tiny mistake in the steps below, you could end up deleting the wrong partition, which would be very very bad!

Keep Windows and Remove Linux:

Follow the steps and check if it helps.

• Type "Disk Management" in search box, Open the Disk Management tool.

• Find Linux partition. It won't be labeled since Windows doesn't understand the Linux file system, so you'll need to figure out where it is on your hard drive. Make sure you have the right one before continuing!

• Right-click on the partition and choose "Delete Volume." This will delete the partition from your hard drive, leaving free space. If you get a green box of "free space," you'll have to right-click on it and choose "Delete Volume" a second time until you
      get the black "Unallocated Space."

• Right-click on your Windows partition and choose "Extend Volume." Extend it to fill the free space your Linux partition left behind.
    • Lock the computer and Press Shift key + Restart it will take you to Windows Recovery Environment there select "Troubleshoot,">>select Advanced options>> click on Command Prompt. Type the following command:
      This will remove Linux's bootloader and replace it with Windows'.
    • Reboot your computer and you should find that it boots directly into Windows, with no Linux partition to be found.
    Hope the information is helpful. Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 22, 2024
Thema:

booting problem: remove the hard drive A, put a new one B, installed a linux, remove the...

1. booting problem: remove the hard drive A, put a new one B, installed a linux, remove the... - Similar Threads - booting problem remove

2. booting problem: remove the hard drive A, put a new one B, installed a linux, remove the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    booting problem: remove the hard drive A, put a new one B, installed a linux, remove the...: Hi, needs help with booting problem: remove the hard drive A which is windows, put a new one B, installed a Linux on B, remove the hard drive B, put back A, it no longer boots.Could you please help?...
  3. booting problem: remove the hard drive A, put a new one B, installed a linux, remove the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    booting problem: remove the hard drive A, put a new one B, installed a linux, remove the...: Hi, needs help with booting problem: remove the hard drive A which is windows, put a new one B, installed a Linux on B, remove the hard drive B, put back A, it no longer boots.Could you please help?...
  4. Removing Kali Linux Boot Loader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Kali Linux Boot Loader: Hello Microsoft Community,I had for the last 2 months Kali linux Dual boot installed with Windows 10 for the last 3 months.Yesterday, i deleted the partition for Kali and still can't figure out how to remove the boot loader from the UEFI partition.I went to the internet and i...
  5. Remove hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove hard drive: I have a laptop that Im giving away. The person Im giving it to had an SSD drive to install in it. Its Windows 10 If I remove the drive will my documents be able to be read an another laptop. ? Im aiming to use it as a storage drive. 173925
  6. Problem in removing linux and installing windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem in removing linux and installing windows: I have been trying to remove linux and reinstall windows onto my system , I used the following steps given at the page : https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/247804/how-to-remove-linux-and-install-windows-on-your-computer But as I insert a bootable windows USB created by...
  7. How to remove GRUB after installing Linux to external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove GRUB after installing Linux to external hard drive?: submitted by /u/XTroyZe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gnavxb/how_to_remove_grub_after_installing_linux_to/
  8. Cant Boot After Removing Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cant Boot After Removing Hard Drives: I decided to remove my two hard drives and only have the SSD running but Windows must have installed part of itself on one of the hard drives because the machine will no longer boot giving the select proper boot device error. Is there a way I can repair this without having...
  9. New W10 Install - Hard Drives Show Up As Removable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New W10 Install - Hard Drives Show Up As Removable: I just completed an update installation on a desktop PC running Windows 7. Now my hard drives show up as removable drives. Normally this is due to the need to install an AHCI driver. And that is normally the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver for Intel chipsets. The...
  10. Will reformatting hard drive remove Linux OS ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will reformatting hard drive remove Linux OS ?: I have installed Linux Cinnamon 18.1 on another pc to try and i cannot remove it to re-install Windows 10 back on...i have tried altering BIOS Boot order by putting USB bootable Windows 10 flash drive but there is no option there for USB.. i tried creating a bootable 4.7 Gb...