Windows 10: Bluetooth speaker connects, but isn't selectable as an audio output

Discus and support Bluetooth speaker connects, but isn't selectable as an audio output in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A few days ago my bluetooth speaker stopped showing up as a selectable option as an audio output, even though it connected and registers as an audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aidan Godlaski, Sep 9, 2022.

1. Bluetooth speaker connects, but isn't selectable as an audio output

A few days ago my bluetooth speaker stopped showing up as a selectable option as an audio output, even though it connected and registers as an audio output, it's not selectable in any of the sound menus. I've run through as much troubleshooting as I can, but none of the built in troubleshooters worked the bluetooth one just turns bluetooth off then on and proudly exclaims it fixed the issue and I've done driver updates, driver rollbacks, you name it, I even upgraded from windows 10 to 11 to try and get the issue fixed. The only clue I've been able to get so far has been the properties page i

:)

Aidan Godlaski, Sep 9, 2022
  2. Tobbe Win User

Can't select paired bluetooth speaker as sound output (Windows 10)

I just got a new bluetooth speaker, an Urbanears Stammen (concrete grey)

I can connect to it from my phone, using Bluetooth, and play back sound no problem. But I can't get my Windows 10 laptop (Dell XPS 15) to use it as a playback device.

I can connect and pair to it no problem, as you see in the screenshot below

Bluetooth speaker connects, but isn't selectable as an audio output ehlZX.png

It also shows up under bluetooth in the device manager. It's not listed under "Audio inputs and outputs", which I thought it should be, but I can see it under "Sound, video and game controllers".

Bluetooth speaker connects, but isn't selectable as an audio output d4Fvh.png

But I can't select it as a playback device Bluetooth speaker connects, but isn't selectable as an audio output :(

Bluetooth speaker connects, but isn't selectable as an audio output DNCNI.png

I found this relevant superuser question: Windows 10 computer paired w/ bluetooth speaker, but doesn't send music to speaker

And I tried the suggested steps listed there, but nothing helped Bluetooth speaker connects, but isn't selectable as an audio output :(

Any further ideas I could try?

Tobbe, Sep 9, 2022
  3. wiganken Win User
    Using Zoom with a Bluetooth (BT) speaker doesn’t work

Windows 10 Home v20H build 19042.746

My DELL laptop shows ‘Connected’ to Bluetooth speaker (B-3319) and outputs audio to it when playing video & audio clips so Windows talks to the speaker OK.

Zoom, however, does not output audio to this BT speaker and it is not possible to select this speaker because only the DELL internal speaker appears in the Zoom / Settings ‘Speaker’ list. I have not tried connecting the speaker via cable since I do not want it connected this way. I want the BT connection.

Question 1 – Is BT audio a known ‘Zoom’ limitation that one has to accept?

Question 2 – Is there a way to get BT speakers to appear?

Thanks in advance.

wiganken, Sep 9, 2022
  4. Bluetooth speaker connects, but isn't selectable as an audio output

no audio when conneted to bluetooth speakers

Hello MiaK2

There are the Bluetooth status

LED Status

Slowly Flashing Red Light No Device Connected

Slowly Flashing Blue Light Connected to device via Bluetooth and ready for use

Quickly Flashing Blue and Red Lights Bluetooth Pairing Mode

also if that didn't work you can follow these steps Please follow these steps

1.Run the troubleshooter

Open Settings.

Click on Update & Security.

Click on Troubleshoot.

Select the Playing Audio option.

Click the Run the troubleshooter button.

If That didn't work

2.Rollback the drivers

Go to Device Manager > select audio inputs and outputs > right click in the Speakers > Properties> Drivers > Roll back Driver

3.Try update or uninstall and reinstall the drivers

How update drivers

Go to Device Manager > select audio inputs and outputs > right click in the Speakers > Update driver

If that didn't work

Uninstall and install the drivers

Go to Device Manager > select audio inputs and outputs > right click in the Speakers > Uninstall Restart your PC, and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

I hope it helps

Pedro V Flores, Sep 9, 2022
Thema:

Bluetooth speaker connects, but isn't selectable as an audio output

1. Bluetooth speaker connects, but isn't selectable as an audio output - Similar Threads - Bluetooth speaker connects

2. Bluetooth speaker connects but cannot be selected as an audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth speaker connects but cannot be selected as an audio device: On my work Windows 11 machine, I pair and connect my BT speakers and it shows up as an Audio device. But even though it shows up as an audio device, it does not display as an option in the sound selection. So I cannot use it as a speaker.The same speaker is working fine on...
  3. Bluetooth speaker connects but cannot be selected as an audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth speaker connects but cannot be selected as an audio device: On my work Windows 11 machine, I pair and connect my BT speakers and it shows up as an Audio device. But even though it shows up as an audio device, it does not display as an option in the sound selection. So I cannot use it as a speaker.The same speaker is working fine on...
  4. how to select the output audio speakers

how to select the output audio speakers: windows Media Player suddenly plays through the laptop speakers rather then the Bose speakers. Last night twas fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-select-the-output-audio-speakers/0fe1ce0f-6271-44e7-b84f-6982ab11c8f4
  5. how to select the output audio speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to select the output audio speakers: windows Media Player suddenly plays through the laptop speakers rather then the Bose speakers. Last night twas fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-select-the-output-audio-speakers/0fe1ce0f-6271-44e7-b84f-6982ab11c8f4
  6. Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device: Hi,So as the title suggests I have a Gravastar Mars Pro speaker which I want to use with my Windows 11 Pc. The speakers had originally worked for me on Windows 10, However, since updating to Windows 11, whenever I go to use them they do not appear as a sound output device,...
  7. Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device

Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device: Hi,So as the title suggests I have a Gravastar Mars Pro speaker which I want to use with my Windows 11 Pc. The speakers had originally worked for me on Windows 10, However, since updating to Windows 11, whenever I go to use them they do not appear as a sound output device,...
  8. Bluetooth speaker connects, but isn't selectable as an audio output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth speaker connects, but isn't selectable as an audio output: A few days ago my bluetooth speaker stopped showing up as a selectable option as an audio output, even though it connected and registers as an audio output, it's not selectable in any of the sound menus. I've run through as much troubleshooting as I can, but none of the built...
  9. Sea of Thieves Audio Output Not Working with Bluetooth Speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea of Thieves Audio Output Not Working with Bluetooth Speaker: Hello, I play Sea of Thieves on PC, but I haven't been able to get the audio output to work with my bluetooth speaker. It loads in the theme music, but once I actually start the game there is no longer any audio coming through the speaker. I run on Windows 11 and have yet to...
  10. Sea of Thieves Audio Output Not Working with Bluetooth Speaker

Sea of Thieves Audio Output Not Working with Bluetooth Speaker: Hello, I play Sea of Thieves on PC, but I haven't been able to get the audio output to work with my bluetooth speaker. It loads in the theme music, but once I actually start the game there is no longer any audio coming through the speaker. I run on Windows 11 and have yet to...