Windows 10: Bluetooth Microphone Not Working/Being Detected

Discus and support Bluetooth Microphone Not Working/Being Detected in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I'm running windows 10 and using a USB bluetooth dongle. I have two different bluetooth headphones that have a built in microphone and am trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by G Member Kills, Jul 10, 2023.

1. Bluetooth Microphone Not Working/Being Detected

Hello. I'm running windows 10 and using a USB bluetooth dongle. I have two different bluetooth headphones that have a built in microphone and am trying to use either one of them as a mic to chat with, but despite everything appearing to be enabled and it saying that it is connected for voice I'm not getting any response from the mic or even able to see the "Test your microphone" that is usually listed under sound input settings. I've tried disabling other sound devices, and troubleshooted in other areas but can't get it to work. Really appreciate any help.I provided screenshots to show my d

:)

G Member Kills, Jul 10, 2023
  2. Tung Vo Win User

Microphone DETECTED, but not working Bluetooth Microphone Not Working/Being Detected :(

Hey there,

FYI I'm using an audio adapter for my earphone.

The microphone is detected but doesnt work whether plugged in front or rear panel, though the audio works just fine. And I can't seem to find anybody having the same issue Bluetooth Microphone Not Working/Being Detected :(

Things I've checked:

• Drivers updated
    • "Allow apps to use" turned on
    • Disabled and re-enabled microphone in device manager
    • Set microphone as default
    I've also troubleshooted but it didnt detect any problems at all

Is there any other solutions that may help?

Thankss!!

Tung Vo, Jul 10, 2023
  3. External microphones detected but not working

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with External microphone. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to run a Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Search for Troubleshooting in the
      Search box
      , and run it.
    • Select view all in the left pane of troubleshooting Window.
    • Click on the Hardware and Devices, and follow the
      on-screen instructions.

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with external microphone. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Jul 10, 2023
  4. Bluetooth Microphone Not Working/Being Detected

Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10)

I gave you many steps to force the headset microphone to show up. They would take more than an hour to perform, plus the way a forums works is interactively so we don't just give up after the first post but use feedback about your results to suggest more
    steps.

See also fixes here that are working for microphones not detected:

https://www.howtogeek.com/395296/fix-my-microph...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-19, Jul 10, 2023
Thema:

Bluetooth Microphone Not Working/Being Detected

1. Bluetooth Microphone Not Working/Being Detected - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Microphone Working

2. Bluetooth Microphone Not Working/Being Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Microphone Not Working/Being Detected: Hello. I'm running windows 10 and using a USB bluetooth dongle. I have two different bluetooth headphones that have a built in microphone and am trying to use either one of them as a mic to chat with, but despite everything appearing to be enabled and it saying that it is...
  3. Bluetooth Microphone Not Working/Being Detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Microphone Not Working/Being Detected: Hello. I'm running windows 10 and using a USB bluetooth dongle. I have two different bluetooth headphones that have a built in microphone and am trying to use either one of them as a mic to chat with, but despite everything appearing to be enabled and it saying that it is...
  4. Microphone not being detected on windows.

Microphone not being detected on windows.: Recently I woke up, plugged in my microphone and it didn't work. So I thought it was just an issue with the computer so I restarted it and that still didn't work, so I decided to reinstall my drivers, go back to the last version, redownloaded windows and I just gave up....
  5. Microphone not being detected on windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not being detected on windows.: Recently I woke up, plugged in my microphone and it didn't work. So I thought it was just an issue with the computer so I restarted it and that still didn't work, so I decided to reinstall my drivers, go back to the last version, redownloaded windows and I just gave up....
  6. Microphone not being detected on windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Bluetooth not being detected

Bluetooth not being detected: Hello,A couple of days ago I went to connect a controller and noticed that my bluetooth was off but I had no toggle button. I immediately went to device manger and saw that Bluetooth was missing and under the "show hidden devices" section. I went through and updated all of...
  8. Microphone not being detected

Microphone not being detected: I've had my laptop acer swift SF114-32 for about four months now and have been having an issue with setting up my microphone. For some reason, no matter what I do, it will not recognize any microphone I plug into the aux-port. I've tried going into device manager, but it...
  9. Headset with microphone not being detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset with microphone not being detected: Specs: Dell OptiPlex 5060 Windows 10 Black 3.5mm jack on front panel Green audio out jack on back panel I just bought a Steelseries Arctis 3 headset to use with my work computer (will also be using it for PS4). When plugged into the front jack, Windows does not recognize...
  10. Bluetooth is not being detected.

Bluetooth is not being detected.: So as we all know, Windows 10 is a total mess. I've had issues with Bluetooth ever since getting my computer. The first few times, i just updated the drivers. The next times, I'd had to disable and then enable the device in device manager. Now, it's not even showing up in...