Windows 10: Bluetooth Mic Not Recognized/Listed as an Input or Recording Device; Output/Speakers Work Fine

Discus and support Bluetooth Mic Not Recognized/Listed as an Input or Recording Device; Output/Speakers Work Fine in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a set of bluetooth earbuds. I've used them with my Thinkpad X1 successfully for several months. Occasionally, when I would be due for a Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jeff_133, Mar 8, 2023.

1. Jeff_133 Win User

Bluetooth Mic Not Recognized/Listed as an Input or Recording Device; Output/Speakers Work Fine

I have a set of bluetooth earbuds. I've used them with my Thinkpad X1 successfully for several months. Occasionally, when I would be due for a Windows update, the mic would stop working. After I did the Update and Restart, the mic would always work again, until recently. It may have been after the most recent Windows update, but I don't recall for sure.I can pair the device. In Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices > Audio, it shows as "Connected voice, music", and the speakers work correctly. However, when I go to Settings > System > Sound, the headphones sho

:)

Jeff_133, Mar 8, 2023
  2. LuckAl Win User

Bluetooth speaker with mic - mic not working when connected on Win10

Hi all,

We have bought a speaker for our office to use in conferences.

The bluetooth speaker has a microphone, and works fine (both mic and speaker) when connected to a smartphone.

The problem appears when we connect it to a laptop. Although it appears in the bluetooth settings menu with as a Headset with a headset icon, and when connected it shows: "Connected voice, music", the microphone
    of the speaker doesn't work.

In the Sound Settings, the speaker is selected both in Output and Input, but when testing, no sound is recorded, even though the speaker works (you can hear sound through it).

• All bluetooth drivers have been reinstalled and are up to date

• We have run the Troubleshoot unsuccessfully, getting the following response: “Troubleshooting couldn’t identify the problem”.

Under Device properties > Properties > Details > Device Description is listed as
    Bluetooth Hands-Free.

Is there anything else we can do at this point? This has been tested on 2 computers.

Is this an issue with Windows 10 and Bluetooth speakers with microphones?

Many thanks for any help!

LuckAl, Mar 8, 2023
  3. JuiceAlow Win User
    Mic Input and Speaker Output not able to work at the same time

Hi,

So it seems after a recent update, the Mic on my laptop stopped working with applications. When I go to control panel > Sound > Recording, I can see the levels moving, so I'm guessing the mic is still working. But all my communication apps (Zoom, Skype, WhatsApp) are not able to "utilise" the mic, I can select the mic but there is no input when I test.

I saw a solution posted by another advisor which was to manually update the driver and do the following steps:

> Audio inputs and outputs > Microphone array
    > Sound, video and game controllers > Realtek(R) Audio

- Locate the said driver in Device Manager
    - Right click on the driver and select "Update Driver".
    - Next select "Browse my computer for drivers"
    - Click on "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer".
    - Make sure the option "Show compatible hardware" is checked.
    - For Microphone array driver, select Generic device and click Next.
    - For Realtek(R) Audio driver, select High Definition Audio Device and click Next.
    - If the issue is still there, try uninstalling the driver and restart your computer.

I did it, it brought back my mic, but then there would be no sound coming from the speaker. To bring the speakers back I had to delete and remove all the drivers, but doing so then brought me back to square one with no mic.

So now I'm stuck between choosing a working speaker or a working mic.

JuiceAlow, Mar 8, 2023
  4. Bluetooth Mic Not Recognized/Listed as an Input or Recording Device; Output/Speakers Work Fine

Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device

Hi,

So as the title suggests I have a Gravastar Mars Pro speaker which I want to use with my Windows 11 Pc. The speakers had originally worked for me on Windows 10, However, since updating to Windows 11, whenever I go to use them they do not appear as a sound output device, even when they are connected to Bluetooth.

I have tried:

- Using the Gravastar speaker on my iPhone and Macbook Pro, which works just fine

- Other Bluetooth speakers (Oontz Angle 3 DS98) and they connect and play sound just fine.

- Updating my Bluetooth & Audio drivers.

- Using the "playing audio" Troubleshooter and selecting the Gravastar speaker, in which it states " This device does not appear to be plugged in"

- Using the "Bluetooth" Troubleshooter which lists "Check Bluetooth Radio Status - Fixed" every time I run this.

- Selecting the "More Sound Settings" which I can see the speaker listed, however, it appears as "disconnected" and selecting "connect" does nothing.

I currently have Bluetooth through my motherboard (B660 Aorus Master (Rev. 1. x)).

I'm not sure what to even try anymore and am getting very close to wiping the entire computer and seeing if that will solve the issue.

Thank you

Jeremy_Bar, Mar 8, 2023
Thema:

Bluetooth Mic Not Recognized/Listed as an Input or Recording Device; Output/Speakers Work Fine

1. Bluetooth Mic Not Recognized/Listed as an Input or Recording Device; Output/Speakers Work Fine - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Mic Recognized

2. Bluetooth earbuds connected but not recognized as sound input/output device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth earbuds connected but not recognized as sound input/output device: My Jabees bluetooth earbuds have been working fine with my HP Envy. Recently, they have stopped showing up as an output option even though they are connected. I have uninstalled and reinstalled them, drivers, and anything else I can think of. I also noticed that when I find...
  3. Bluetooth Mic Not Recognized/Listed as an Input or Recording Device; Output/Speakers Work Fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Mic Not Recognized/Listed as an Input or Recording Device; Output/Speakers Work Fine: I have a set of bluetooth earbuds. I've used them with my Thinkpad X1 successfully for several months. Occasionally, when I would be due for a Windows update, the mic would stop working. After I did the Update and Restart, the mic would always work again, until recently. It...
  4. Bluetooth Mic Not Recognized/Listed as an Input or Recording Device; Output/Speakers Work Fine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Mic Not Recognized/Listed as an Input or Recording Device; Output/Speakers Work Fine: I have a set of bluetooth earbuds. I've used them with my Thinkpad X1 successfully for several months. Occasionally, when I would be due for a Windows update, the mic would stop working. After I did the Update and Restart, the mic would always work again, until recently. It...
  5. Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device: Hi,So as the title suggests I have a Gravastar Mars Pro speaker which I want to use with my Windows 11 Pc. The speakers had originally worked for me on Windows 10, However, since updating to Windows 11, whenever I go to use them they do not appear as a sound output device,...
  6. Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device

Bluetooth Speaker connected but not listed as Sound Output Device: Hi,So as the title suggests I have a Gravastar Mars Pro speaker which I want to use with my Windows 11 Pc. The speakers had originally worked for me on Windows 10, However, since updating to Windows 11, whenever I go to use them they do not appear as a sound output device,...
  7. Mic Input and Speaker Output not able to work at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic Input and Speaker Output not able to work at the same time: Hi,So it seems after a recent update, the Mic on my laptop stopped working with applications. When I go to control panel > Sound > Recording, I can see the levels moving, so I'm guessing the mic is still working. But all my communication apps Zoom, Skype, WhatsApp are not...
  8. Mic Input and Speaker Output not able to work at the same time

Mic Input and Speaker Output not able to work at the same time: Hi,So it seems after a recent update, the Mic on my laptop stopped working with applications. When I go to control panel > Sound > Recording, I can see the levels moving, so I'm guessing the mic is still working. But all my communication apps Zoom, Skype, WhatsApp are not...
  9. Mic Input and Speaker Output not able to work at the same time

10. Output device is recognized as input

Output device is recognized as input: Hello, I have an ASUS laptop that has only one P2 input and I use it to plug in my microphone, and to use my headphone I use a P2 to USB adapter the one in the image below. I always used it normally, but today I decided to use the headphone directly on the P2 input. After...