Windows 10: Bluetooth headset no sound or mic not working but it is connecting

Discus and support Bluetooth headset no sound or mic not working but it is connecting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Bluetooth headset not working no sound or mic not working *Moved from Gaming and Xbox/Accessibility/Other*... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Merq, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Merq Win User

Bluetooth headset no sound or mic not working but it is connecting

Bluetooth headset not working no sound or mic not working *Moved from Gaming and Xbox/Accessibility/Other*

:)

2. Bluetooth headset mic does not work with newly built PC

Recently built a PC with ASRock B550 ITX/ac motherboard. I am using a wireless bluetooth headphones (similar to airpods).

The sound is great, however, I am unable to record anything through the built-in mic.

System: Windows 10

Problem: Connect a bluetooth headset to the PC; The sound works; the mic doesn't work seemingly

Things I have tried:

1. Uninstalling and reinstalling Realtek sound drivers
    2. uninstalling and reinstalling bluetooth drivers
    3. Using the same headphones on a laptop - both sound and mic work as expected
    4. Using another pair of bluetooth headphones on my desktop PC - same issue persists
    Above are the main solutions I was able to find online, however, if anyone here has other suggestions, that would be great!

Thanks!

MastermindRT, Sep 11, 2023
  3. JohnnyGui Win User
    Headset's Mic not working when connected to AUX?

Yes I have but it's still too low.

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE:

So I think I found the culprit. The cable itself I connect the headset with has a low-quality built-in mic as well.
    Connecting the headset with that cable into the microphone aux enables that mic instead of the mic built in the headset.

I was thinking of buying an aux cable without a built-in mic but I'd then need something like the following which I can't find anywhere.

Bluetooth headset no sound or mic not working but it is connecting 329912d1619694849t-headsets-mic-not-working-when-connected-aux-te-vinden-aux-kabel.jpg

Does such a cable actually exist?

JohnnyGui, Sep 11, 2023
  4. Bluetooth headset no sound or mic not working but it is connecting

Is it possible to use a bluetooth headset mic while having High quality sound

I have a Plantronics BackBeat Sense SE bluetooth headset. When Connecting it to Windows 10, it installs two profiles in Playback devices list:

1. PLT_BBTSENSE Hands-Free.
    2. PLT_BBTSENSE Stereo.

The Second one (Stereo) is set to be the "Default Device" and the "Default Communication Device" on the system.

At this point the sound works great and normally. The problem happens when I want to use the mic. When I start any program that uses the mic (recorder, chat, VoIP Calls, gaming, etc.) The sound suddenly stops working And I can only use the mic until I stop the recorder or the call.

The thing that kind of fixes the problem is setting the (Hands-Free) as the default device. I can hear the sound when I do that and it works with the mic but it becomes Very bad quality.

What I became to understand is that bluetooth had different profiles for sound and mic: A2DP and HSP. The first handle the voice(High Quality) but the latter handles the mic and reduces the sound quality.

Is this really the case? Is there anyway to make them work simultaneously? Is there any solution to this problem at all?

onlyforthis, Sep 11, 2023
Thema:

Bluetooth headset no sound or mic not working but it is connecting

1. Bluetooth headset no sound or mic not working but it is connecting - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headset sound

2. Bluetooth headset with mic mic not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headset with mic mic not working: In windows 11 I just purchased a Bluetooth headset with mic. I can see in settings that the headset is pared but not the mic. I can hear but not talk. When searching for the device in the mic section it does not seem to be found? Both computer and headset with mic are new?...
  3. Bluetooth headset with mic mic not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headset with mic mic not working: In windows 11 I just purchased a Bluetooth headset with mic. I can see in settings that the headset is pared but not the mic. I can hear but not talk. When searching for the device in the mic section it does not seem to be found? Both computer and headset with mic are new?...
  4. bluetooth headset mic not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth headset mic not working: I have the same issue as this thread years ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headset-connects-only-as-music-not-voice/23ea9ca1-d215-429b-859a-cc420afe80b2 and I still can't find an answer to this. I am using Mpow M5. It is connecting to the...
  5. bluetooth headset mic not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth headset mic not working: I have the same issue as this thread years ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headset-connects-only-as-music-not-voice/23ea9ca1-d215-429b-859a-cc420afe80b2 and I still can't find an answer to this. I am using Mpow M5. It is connecting to the...
  6. bluetooth headset mic not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Bluetooth headset connected but mic not working

Bluetooth headset connected but mic not working: Hi there I connected my Bluetooth headset to my windows 10 pc, its shows when connected " voice and music connected". But Bluetooth mic does not work. But my bluetoth mic works in friend's windows 10 desktop.Please helpthanks in advanced....
  8. bluetooth headset mic not working

bluetooth headset mic not working: I am using windows 10 build 1909 recently i bought a bluetooth dongle for my pc but i am facing issue with its mic connectivity[ATTACH] it shows voice and music connected but mic doesn't workwhen i open sound control panel and when i click on recorder tab, it stops...
  9. bluetooth headset working mic is not

bluetooth headset working mic is not: hello i am trying to communicate with friends but cannot as i am blocked by an obstacle of not having access to a microphone on my headset. i can hear my friends but they cant hear me. i am using a turtle beach stealth 700 Bluetooth headset and am operating on an msi codex...
  10. Bluetooth headset connected but mic not working

Bluetooth headset connected but mic not working: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Hi there I connected my Bluetooth headset to my windows 10 pc, its shows when connected " voice and music connected". But every time i tried to use my mic the audio stops and mic works and same vice versa. I want to be able to speak and listen at the same...