Windows 10: Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device

Discus and support Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've tried connecting my headphones via bluetooth several times now. They connect, they show up as headphones, the computer recognizes them as an audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Willcox.Terence.584, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device

I've tried connecting my headphones via bluetooth several times now. They connect, they show up as headphones, the computer recognizes them as an audio device. However, it will not allow me to play sound out of them. I went to the device under all audio devices, clicked allow, and nothing.

:)

Willcox.Terence.584, Sep 24, 2023

2. No audio through connected Bluetooth device

I am having problems playing audio from my Windows PC through my Bose Bose AE2 Bluetooth headphones.

1) I have previously connected to these headphones without any issues. The audio was fine

2) at some point, the audio started experiencing distortions and disconnects

3) I can now no longer play any audio through the headphones from the PC

In the Bluetooth and other device settings menu, my headphones are connected. I have also tried un-pairing and re-pairing the device several times. The device manager recognizes the headphones in the bluetooth dropdown menut. In the Sound settings on Windows, my headphones are listed as a playback device, but are listed as disconnected and cannot be connected from that menu. Note: this is different from the bluetooth and other devices menu, which says that I AM connected.

My windows drivers are up to date, I have updated my headphones to the latest drivers as well. My headphones connect without issue to other devices (laptop and cell phone both). I feel as though I have taken all the basic troubleshooting steps and am not getting anywhere.

Bluetooth Bother, Sep 24, 2023
  3. Ar Rom Win User
    Bluetooth headphones pairs and connects but not connected on "audio devices"

Hi,

Bluetooth allows you to connect all sorts of wireless devices to your Windows PC. Since you are having an issue with your Bluetooth headphones not working, there are certain steps that we can do to troubleshoot your concern. Let's follow the methods provided
    on this
    link

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Sep 24, 2023
  4. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device

Bluetooth device connected but not recognised as audio device W10

I recently purchased some bluetooth headphones (GLITOBT18). I managed to connect them to my laptop running windows 10.

Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device 264500d1579971636t-bluetooth-device-connected-but-not-recognised-audio-device-w10-windows-help-1.png

However, i cant find the device in the playback settings and i therefore cant play audio through the headphones.

Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device 264504d1579972008t-bluetooth-device-connected-but-not-recognised-audio-device-w10-windows-help-2.png

I think this may have something to do with the fact that windows is recognising it as a bluetooth headset rather than a speaker? Any help would be massively appreciated!

JackDunne01, Sep 24, 2023
Thema:

Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device

1. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphones connecting

2. bluetooth headphones connecting but not allowing audio? again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth headphones connecting but not allowing audio? again: Hi, I posted the same question May 13th but have been so busy I hadn't seen there were responses and was told to meake another thread thanks anyways Sheng.G. Here's what I said last post:"hi,i've seen another question similar to mine but nothing i've tried works! i have jbl...
  3. bluetooth headphones connecting but not allowing audio? again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth headphones connecting but not allowing audio? again: Hi, I posted the same question May 13th but have been so busy I hadn't seen there were responses and was told to meake another thread thanks anyways Sheng.G. Here's what I said last post:"hi,i've seen another question similar to mine but nothing i've tried works! i have jbl...
  4. bluetooth headphones connecting but not allowing audio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth headphones connecting but not allowing audio?: hi,i've seen another question similar to mine but nothing i've tried works! i have jbl wave100tws headphones and they have connected and played audio just fine up until the last couple of days. they connect perfectly fine to other devices, just this laptop :my headphones do...
  5. bluetooth headphones connecting but not allowing audio?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth headphones connecting but not allowing audio?: hi,i've seen another question similar to mine but nothing i've tried works! i have jbl wave100tws headphones and they have connected and played audio just fine up until the last couple of days. they connect perfectly fine to other devices, just this laptop :my headphones do...
  6. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device: I've tried connecting my headphones via bluetooth several times now. They connect, they show up as headphones, the computer recognizes them as an audio device. However, it will not allow me to play sound out of them. I went to the device under all audio devices, clicked...
  7. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device: I've tried connecting my headphones via bluetooth several times now. They connect, they show up as headphones, the computer recognizes them as an audio device. However, it will not allow me to play sound out of them. I went to the device under all audio devices, clicked...
  8. Bluetooth Headphones Connecting but not registering as audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones Connecting but not registering as audio device: I've recently purchased a pair of Lenovo PS-1551B-LE Bluetooth headphones which can connect to my phone just fine.But when I connect them to my laptop using Windows 10, it generates as a generic connected itemIs there a way I can Windows 10 to register them as audio device...
  9. Bluetooth Headphones Connecting but not registering as audio device

Bluetooth Headphones Connecting but not registering as audio device: I've recently purchased a pair of Lenovo PS-1551B-LE Bluetooth headphones which can connect to my phone just fine.But when I connect them to my laptop using Windows 10, it generates as a generic connected itemIs there a way I can Windows 10 to register them as audio device...
  10. Bluetooth headphones connected as other devices not audio.

Bluetooth headphones connected as other devices not audio.: When I try and connect my Bluedio headphones to my Windows 10 pc through a generic USB bluetooth connector everything goes as planned and the headphones connect and pair initially as an audio device and then jumps to "other device"...of course I am getting no sound. Device...