Windows 10: Bluetooth earbuds connected but not recognized as sound input/output device

Discus and support Bluetooth earbuds connected but not recognized as sound input/output device in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Jabees bluetooth earbuds have been working fine with my HP Envy. Recently, they have stopped showing up as an output option even though they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Angie Peters1, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Bluetooth earbuds connected but not recognized as sound input/output device

My Jabees bluetooth earbuds have been working fine with my HP Envy. Recently, they have stopped showing up as an output option even though they are connected. I have uninstalled and reinstalled them, drivers, and anything else I can think of. I also noticed that when I find them in the control panel, they say that they are assigned a "jack" and when I plug a pair of non-bluetooth headphones into the jack, it works. Is there a way to tell my computer that my bluetooth earbuds don't need a "jack"? I just want them to work the way they used to!

:)

Angie Peters1, Oct 4, 2023
  2. Amrsh Win User

Bluetooth earbuds is connected but no sound

Hi Betty,

I'm Amr, an independent advisor.

Do your earbuds works on another device?

Did you try to repair your earbuds?

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot your Bluetooth earbuds issue:

1. Check your audio output settings

Go to Settings > System > Sound. Under "Choose your output device," make sure your Bluetooth earbuds are selected.

2. Update your Bluetooth drivers

Go to Device Manager > Bluetooth. Right-click on your Bluetooth adapter and select "Update driver."

3. Re-pair your Bluetooth earbuds

Remove your earbuds from the list of paired devices in your Bluetooth settings, then pair them again.

4. Check for interference

Other Bluetooth devices or electronics can sometimes interfere with Bluetooth connections.

Try turning off other devices or moving to a different location to see if that helps.

5. Reset your Bluetooth earbuds

Follow your earbuds' manual for instructions on how to reset them.

This usually involves holding down a button for a certain amount of time.

6. Try your earbuds on a different device

This can help you determine if the problem is with the earbuds themselves or with your laptop.

7. Contact the manufacturer

If none of the above steps works, there might be a problem with the earbuds themselves.

You might need to contact the manufacturer for further assistance.

I hope this is helpful. If you require any additional assistance, don't hesitate to respond to this.

This is a user-to-user support forum. We're users just like you helping other users to find solutions to their problems.

Best Regard

Amr

Amrsh, Oct 4, 2023
  3. Bluetooth earbuds is connected but no sound

Hi,

My laptop running on Win11 can successfully detect my bluetooth headset and I can see the input volume bar move automatically but not for output one and there is no sound. When I use Troubleshooting to detect and fix sound issues, the problem is temporarily resolved until I close the Troubleshooting window. It looks like I need to run the sound troubleshooting and leave the window open so the earbuds can work. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Betty Yang1, Oct 4, 2023
  4. Bluetooth earbuds connected but not recognized as sound input/output device

Bluetooth connection problem between new JBL Live Pro 2 earbuds and Surface Laptop 3 running latest Windows 11 (not recognized as audio device)

Hi Tom,

At first pairing did not work for me either on Windows 11. It did pair, but wasn't recognized as an audio device. It was listed under 'Other devices'.

After removing the device I followed these steps:

- Under 'Bluetooth & devices', go to Devices (do not add a device)

- Press the right earbud for 5 seconds to hear 'pairing'

- Scroll down to 'Related settings', Sound, Input

- At 'Pair a new input device' click 'Add device'

- Select Bluetooth, and select the device

Now it has voice & music Bluetooth earbuds connected but not recognized as sound input/output device ;)

Jur Huisman, Oct 4, 2023
Thema:

Bluetooth earbuds connected but not recognized as sound input/output device

1. Bluetooth earbuds connected but not recognized as sound input/output device - Similar Threads - Bluetooth earbuds connected

2. Bluetooth earbud connected but input and output arent through earbuds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth earbud connected but input and output arent through earbuds: I have a jbl wireless earbuds, at first it was working very good without any problem but recently there's been a problem where the device is showing connected but sound still comes from laptop speakers instead of earbuds. My earbuds are connected but isn't in input or output...
  3. Bluetooth earbud connected but input and output arent through earbuds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth earbud connected but input and output arent through earbuds: I have a jbl wireless earbuds, at first it was working very good without any problem but recently there's been a problem where the device is showing connected but sound still comes from laptop speakers instead of earbuds. My earbuds are connected but isn't in input or output...
  4. No sound input or output devices

No sound input or output devices: Since updating WIndows I no longer have any sound input or output devices listed under device manager - sound video games controllers. Intel smart sound technology oed had yellow warning triangle. What can I do to get the sound working on my laptop....
  5. No sound input or output devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound input or output devices: Since updating WIndows I no longer have any sound input or output devices listed under device manager - sound video games controllers. Intel smart sound technology oed had yellow warning triangle. What can I do to get the sound working on my laptop....
  6. Bluetooth earbuds connected but not recognized as sound input/output device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth earbuds connected but not recognized as sound input/output device: My Jabees bluetooth earbuds have been working fine with my HP Envy. Recently, they have stopped showing up as an output option even though they are connected. I have uninstalled and reinstalled them, drivers, and anything else I can think of. I also noticed that when I find...
  7. Bluetooth earbuds is connected but no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth earbuds is connected but no sound: Hi,My laptop running on Win11 can successfully detect my bluetooth headset and I can see the input volume bar move automatically but not for output one and there is no sound. When I use Troubleshooting to detect and fix sound issues, the problem is temporarily resolved until...
  8. Bluetooth earbuds is connected but no sound

Bluetooth earbuds is connected but no sound: Hi,My laptop running on Win11 can successfully detect my bluetooth headset and I can see the input volume bar move automatically but not for output one and there is no sound. When I use Troubleshooting to detect and fix sound issues, the problem is temporarily resolved until...
  9. Bluetooth Device is Recognized As Audio Device but not as a Sound Output Device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Device is Recognized As Audio Device but not as a Sound Output Device.: My bluetooth stereo Denon AVR-S510BT is recognized by Windows 10 as an Audio Device. However, its not recognized as a sound output device. I wish to route Windows Media Player, etc to the Bluetooth stereo, but not happening. Advice? Below are snapshots of the Bluetooth...
  10. Output device is recognized as input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Output device is recognized as input: Hello, I have an ASUS laptop that has only one P2 input and I use it to plug in my microphone, and to use my headphone I use a P2 to USB adapter the one in the image below. I always used it normally, but today I decided to use the headphone directly on the P2 input. After...