Windows 10: Bluetooth devices not working properly

Discus and support Bluetooth devices not working properly in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have a new pc with windows 11 pro installed. The motherboard has bluetooth built in but when i try to connect a device some of them are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Eratlos, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Eratlos Win User

Bluetooth devices not working properly

Hi, I have a new pc with windows 11 pro installed. The motherboard has bluetooth built in but when i try to connect a device some of them are not showing up in the list of device that are ready to connect.All drivers in my pc are up to date, i've also tried to disinstall and reinstall the bluetooth drivers to see if there was some improvments but nothing changed.The other day I tried to update all the firmwares in my bluetooth devices and finally they showed in the bluetooth list and I proceed to associate them with my pc.The problem now is when I activate this devices: my bluetooth controll

:)

Eratlos, Jan 22, 2023
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

Bluetooth device fails to install properly.

We appreciate your response. We'd like to know if you've tried connecting other Bluetooth devices on your device.

If you don't have any other Bluetooth device or all of them are unable to connect to your computer, we'd recommend performing the following to isolate driver related issues:

• Search and launch Device Manager using Cortana.
    • Locate and collapse Bluetooth.
    • Right-click on each of the items listed under Bluetooth and check if the Update Driver Software option is lit. If greyed out, proceed to step 4.
    • Click on Uninstall.
    • Repeat steps 3 and 4 to all listed drivers.
    • Restart your computer.

Note: Restarting your device will reinstall the specified drivers.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Jan 22, 2023
  3. jerriy Win User
    Bluetooth is not working — troubleshoot claims I don't even have it

I have done all the following steps:

- installed bluetooth driver from manufacturer
    - hit windows update
    - updated / uninstalled bluetooth items listed in Device Manager and restarted the PC
    - updated / uninstalled USB drivers listed in Device Manager and restarted the PC (USB drivers automatically came back but not bluetooth)
    - turned on and restarted all bluetooth support in services.msc
    - conducted bluetooth troubleshooting
    - conducted hardware troubleshooting

jerriy, Jan 22, 2023
  4. Try3 Win User

Cannot use bluetooth device

1 Pairing is done in Settings, Devices
    1.1 You click on Add Bluetooth or other device
    1.2 You choose Bluetooth
    1.3 If there is a pairing button on the bluetooth device itself then you press that now. You need to check the instructions for your bluetooth device to see how to do this - several automatically go into pairing mode when they switch on, others have a button that needs to be pressed for, say, 5 seconds.
    1.4 The computer detects all available bluetooth devices and you select yours from the list. If yours is not on the list then Windows could not detect it.
    1.5 It connects - pairing includes connecting
    1.6 The computer sounds a buzz in the earpiece then displays Your device is ready to go and you click on Done
    1.7 The device is shown in the devices list below the subheading Audio and it shows it as connected
    1.8 The device should also appear in Control panel, Sounds, Playback tab
    1.9 The device should also appear in Control panel, Devices & printers
    1.10 {I just paired some bluetooth earphones as I typed so I could make sure these notes were correct} You use a music player and the sound comes out of the bluetooth earphones

2 If this is not happening for you then go to Contol panel, Devices & printers
    2.1 Right-click on the device & select Remove device
    2.2 You can now try pairing from scratch again
    2.3 Several other users have reported that only removing the device with Bluetooth command line tools - BluetoothInstaller allowed them to re-pair again [see xzion's guidance below]
    2.4 Yet others reported that only the KeithM code or Bungee's guidance worked for them [see below]

3 Where is this all going wrong for you?
    [I assume we are definitely talking about bluetooth headphones/earphones. I understand that WiFi ones do also exist.]

4 Additional guidance -

Unpair a Bluetooth Device - TenForumsTutorials
    Connect a Bluetooth device in Windows - Windows Help

Steps to completely remove a belutooth device so pairing can be done again [post #9, xzion] - TenForums
    Steps to completely remove a belutooth device so pairing can be done again [post #22, KeithM] - TenForums
    Steps to completely remove a belutooth device so pairing can be done again [post #39, Bungee] - TenForums
    Several people registered in TenForums just to be able to thanks xzion, KeithM & Bungee. Apparently, what worked for some people did not work for others so each solution seems worth trying.

Denis

Thema:

1. Bluetooth devices not working properly - Similar Threads - Bluetooth devices working

2. Bluetooth devices not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth devices not working properly: Hi, I have a new pc with windows 11 pro installed. The motherboard has bluetooth built in but when i try to connect a device some of them are not showing up in the list of device that are ready to connect.All drivers in my pc are up to date, i've also tried to disinstall and...
  3. Bluetooth Device not working properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Device not working properly.: So... I'm having an issue.I bought a generic bluetooth adapter for my PC and it keeps disconnecting my Xbox Series X controller whenever I connect it, it literally goes for 15 seconds and then disconnects. So, I looked the issue online and a solution was to go to Device...
  4. Bluetooth Device not working properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Device not working properly.: So... I'm having an issue.I bought a generic bluetooth adapter for my PC and it keeps disconnecting my Xbox Series X controller whenever I connect it, it literally goes for 15 seconds and then disconnects. So, I looked the issue online and a solution was to go to Device...
  5. Bluetooth Device not working properly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Bluetooth not working properly

Bluetooth not working properly: hi,i need help with my Bluetooth. my bluetooth mouse stopped working suddenly 2 weeks ago.even though my bluetooth pen is working propely i believe i have a bluetooth issue.- the mouse is conneting by bluetooth to my friend's laptop with no problem- bluetooth icon doesnt...
  7. Bluetooth is not working properly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth is not working properly.: Bluetooth is not showing my new device for connection. I tried by troubleshooting but it did not worked. Bluetooth is only showing the devices are paired to, but not the new one....
  8. Bluetooth not working properly

Bluetooth not working properly: I have a Sony WH-100MX4 bluetooth headphones that i have repeatedly tried to connect to my laptop HP OMEN 15 2018 with no avail. It connects but it does not recognize it as headphones. [ATTACH] I have tried uninstalling the drivers and it still does not work. I have tried...
  9. Bluetooth is not working properly.

Bluetooth is not working properly.: Its not a matter of can i find it. No its completely and utterly missing, and I’ve turned the device manager and every file of my computer upside down searching for the icon and name. I still have the settings to connect and everything butt everytime i try to pair a device it...
  10. bluetooth not working properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bluetooth not working properly: no bluetooth icon present. what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-not-working-properly/dec995f7-c5ee-4b1a-8880-855a130ceb28