Windows 10: bluescreen with VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE116 error message in certain games

Discus and support bluescreen with VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE116 error message in certain games in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; this problem has been happening for about 2 weeks now whenever im playing certain games after 30minutes to 1 hour my pc completely freezes and becomes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by giorno giovavana, Oct 25, 2024 at 4:47 PM.

1. bluescreen with VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE116 error message in certain games

this problem has been happening for about 2 weeks now whenever im playing certain games after 30minutes to 1 hour my pc completely freezes and becomes unresponsive then crashes note that this error doesn't always happen, sometime I'm able to play for multiple hours without problemsmy pc specs:CPU IntelR CoreTM i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz Memory 16.0 GB DDR3 Disk 0 C: EMTEC X150 240GB ATA Device GPU 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti MOBO hp 198e notes:i never overclocked anythinggpu driver,windows are both up to datei tried running a clean bootits not an overheating problem, i know

:)

giorno giovavana, Oct 25, 2024 at 4:47 PM
  2. Ian Ser Win User

bluescreen error message wont allow access to desktop

Hi David,

To know what kind of troubleshooting steps would be applicable to your bluescreen error, please answer these questions:

• What is the exact error message showing on your end?
    • Were there any changes/updates to your device prior to the issue?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've done so far to resolve the issue?

For now, you can have a look at the troubleshooting step on this link as an initial remedy to the bluescreen
    error you're receiving.

We'll be waiting for your updates.

3. TRIXX error message on loading

Got a bluescreen on a bad Cpu overclock that corrupted the video drivers, so I uninstalled and re-installed all the AMD CCC pkg. Now when I try to activate TRIXX, I get the following error message: "Could not create driver file (C:\Program Files (X86)\Sapphire TRIXX\|\Temp\\TRIXX.sys contains an incorrect path )".

Worked fine before the bluescreen. uninstalled and re-installed the 4 latest versions, including the 4.0 that was working. One thing for sure, there isn't a TRIXX.sys file anywhere in the computer.

Installed msi afterburner to see if it worked, and it did. (then uninstalled it)

(see my system specs for details)

Anybody got a suggestion ??

Thanks-

4. bluescreen with VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE116 error message in certain games

Bluescreen. Error message: WDF_VIOLATION

The C:\Windows\Minidump folder is empty and there are no files in C:\Windows with the name "Minidump".

As for my computer, the crucial parts inside of it are as follows:

• Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming B8
    • CPU: Intel Core i5-7500 (not unlocked)
    • RAM: Ballistix Sport Gaming Memory 8GB
    • Drive 1: Seagate BarraCuda 1GB
    • OS: Microsoft Windows Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.379)
    • (the power supply, case, and one of the HDDs that are in my computer were not added to this list.)
    Strangely, I got my hands on a copy of Windows 10 Enterprise from the online downloading tool. I have not activated it yet.

-Michael

Thema:

bluescreen with VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE116 error message in certain games

1. bluescreen with VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE116 error message in certain games - Similar Threads - bluescreen VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE116 error

2. bluescreen with VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE116 error message in certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluescreen with VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE116 error message in certain games: this problem has been happening for about 2 weeks now whenever im playing certain games after 30minutes to 1 hour my pc completely freezes and becomes unresponsive then crashes note that this error doesn't always happen, sometime I'm able to play for multiple hours without...
  3. UNEXPECTED KERNAL MODE TRAP bluescreen error when opening certain games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNEXPECTED KERNAL MODE TRAP bluescreen error when opening certain games: hello, i have a Ryzen 9 7900x gigabyte 4090 asus 670ea mb and 32gb of ddr5 ram. when i open certain games i get an error saying unexpected kernal mode trap. i have tried updating everything i can find and doing bios update and no luck, i thought it may of been bad ram and i...
  4. UNEXPECTED KERNAL MODE TRAP bluescreen error when opening certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNEXPECTED KERNAL MODE TRAP bluescreen error when opening certain games: hello, i have a Ryzen 9 7900x gigabyte 4090 asus 670ea mb and 32gb of ddr5 ram. when i open certain games i get an error saying unexpected kernal mode trap. i have tried updating everything i can find and doing bios update and no luck, i thought it may of been bad ram and i...
  5. Constant crashes while gaming or streaming - VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE116

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant crashes while gaming or streaming - VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE116: Hi all, Can somebody please help me with these constant crashes I am getting? It only happens while gaming or streaming content. I have recently installed all the latest drivers and performed a clean boot of Windows. Here are my specs; Intel i5 11600K RTX 3070Aorus Z590 Elite...
  6. Constant crashes while gaming or streaming - VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE116

Constant crashes while gaming or streaming - VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE116: Hi all, Can somebody please help me with these constant crashes I am getting? It only happens while gaming or streaming content. I have recently installed all the latest drivers and performed a clean boot of Windows. Here are my specs; Intel i5 11600K RTX 3070Aorus Z590 Elite...
  7. VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE116

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE116: Hi,I've been having this error for a little while now since i updated to windows 11 from windows 10. The computer just instantly freezes when i am listening to songs or using chrome. It doesn't happen while i'm playing games. Then i just lose control of my mouse and keyboard...
  8. VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE116

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE116: Hi,I've been having this error for a little while now since i updated to windows 11 from windows 10. The computer just instantly freezes when i am listening to songs or using chrome. It doesn't happen while i'm playing games. Then i just lose control of my mouse and keyboard...
  9. pc bluescreen on certain games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc bluescreen on certain games.: launched starfield got bsod, here is mini dump bugg check************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : true AllowNugetExeUpdate : true...
  10. pc bluescreen on certain games.

pc bluescreen on certain games.: launched starfield got bsod, here is mini dump bugg check************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : true AllowNugetExeUpdate : true...